project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
23 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 07:18 PM   #21
Mikemonster

Default Re: PR-Deviation is Backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmojo420 View Post
One example would be when firing over a small hill across an open field. Like in Al Basrah village/fields area west of the city.
But doing this you can get just as many benefits (and more accuracy) by moving forward 1m, crouching and having your head at the same level?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:39 PM   #22
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemonster View Post
But doing this you can get just as many benefits (and more accuracy) by moving forward 1m, crouching and having your head at the same level?!
I disagree, staying back from the hill lets you stay outside the splash area if a tank or APC started hitting the hill with HEAT rounds. It's the same with standing back inside a building away from the window sill. In real life the sniper would probably find a table to rest his rifle on, but in PR we just stand there in an empty room.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #23
Xander[nl]

Send a message via MSN to Xander[nl]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemonster View Post
In what situation do you ever fire standing up in PR?

The issue is null and void in my opinion because the only time you actually do it is when there's a wall in front of you ..

It's still less accurate than firing whilst crouched - the issue is already fixed.
Are you sure? I thought a dev once mentioned all stances have the same accuracy - to simulate the ability of mounting/laying the gun on something. Because it can't be portrayed properly (like in BF3), they introduced this.
Xander[nl] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:59 PM   #24
Arnoldio
Banned

Xander, that goes for DEPLOYED weapons only. Otherwise stance affects deviation.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #25
Stoickk

Sniper rifles are considered deployed at all times. Give me a bit and I will find the source and link it here. Watch this post for an edit.

<<<WARNING: VETERAN UNDER MEDICATION FOR YOUR SAFETY>>>

Just some guy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stoickk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:19 AM   #26
Mikemonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmojo420 View Post
I disagree, staying back from the hill lets you stay outside the splash area if a tank or APC started hitting the hill with HEAT rounds. It's the same with standing back inside a building away from the window sill. In real life the sniper would probably find a table to rest his rifle on, but in PR we just stand there in an empty room.
Hmm, the splash is like a grenade though, go prone and you're out of the way anyway.

Aside from that, this is the only example I can think of anyway, and agreed it is unrealistic in that scenario but I'd rather have a guy in game standing further down the hill firing over at me than crouched and firing with realistic accuracy.

I tend to find that firing out of the centre of a room is more or less the same, can't see anyone wasting accuracy for the advantage of being another metre back. You can just sidestep near the window so that you're only exposed to view from the area you're aiming at.

Still, agreed if you're using it as in your examples it is unrealistic to have a rock steady aim.

Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:52 AM   #27
Dev1200

With the whole argument about the standing/hill shit, standing up behind a hill allows you to simply go crouch to be out of the line of fire. Then, you can poke back up without losing accuracy.

Whereas if you were crouching, you would have to move backwards, reducing deviation slightly (depending on how long you are moving for), or just going prone, totally dun' goofing your accuracy altogether.

Dev1200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:08 PM   #28
Wakain

the OP's interesting, but isn't it so that while perhaps your muscles might weaken after a prolonged active stance, decreasing the hold you have over your weapon, your focus often only increases with prolonged tension.

so you might be able to point your rifle the good way at first, it still takes a good deal of focus before you can say you're really accurate
Wakain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #29
Buren06

The PR deviation system is a necessary evil. IMO - you can either have a realistic aiming system that results in unrealistic firefights, or an unrealistic aiming system that results in realistic (and fun) firefights. I would rather have the latter.

CQB will always be almost entirely dependent on skill. Reflexes and instinct still determine the winner. It took me years to develop a "feel" for whether I should fire from the hip or try to scope in first - there's a fine line between the two. Reflexes are self-explanatory.
Buren06 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:47 AM   #30
ComradeHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.A.Sharps View Post
Chill out Rambo...

Go pick up a bull barreled Remington 700, with a scope and mount that weigh a few pounds on there own, and 5 rounds of .308 cartridges a tell me how long you can hold the cross hairs on a egg at 100 yards from the offhand position.

Come back on here and tell us how you did.
I do not see this crap in PR.

In case you have not noticed, PR is not full of christmas tree weaponry.

ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
backwards, prdeviation