project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
21 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 08:07 PM   #1
badmojo420
Supporting Member
Default Handheld AA

In the .96 changelog it says...

Quote:
Increased deviation for handheld AA
I'd like to ask why this was changed? In fact, why is there deviation at all on this weapon?
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:08 PM   #2
Dev1200

Default Re: Handheld AA

So people don't use it as alternate higher splash damage RPG.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dev1200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
badmojo420
Supporting Member

I don't see how a deviation increase stops that practice.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:59 PM   #4
Trooper909

Every handheld AA is guided is it not?That note in the change log always confused me also.
Trooper909 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:30 PM   #5
Mikemonster

Like Mojo said, presumably so you can't stay on a rooftop and fire at squads below using it's huge [proximity based] kill/blast radius.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #6
TheComedian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemonster View Post
Like Mojo said, presumably so you can't stay on a rooftop and fire at squads below using it's huge [proximity based] kill/blast radius.
Which is one of the most effective uses for it.

TheComedian is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:37 PM   #7
badmojo420
Supporting Member

My problem with the deviation is that you can still stand on a roof top and fire it at infantry below, you simply have to wait for the weapon to settle before firing. So, what's the point in having deviation to prevent misusing the weapon, if it doesn't even accomplish that? The deviation hurts the effectiveness of the weapons real usage.

A number of times since this was updated, I've hit objects and injured myself or others around me when attempting to fire into the sky at a helicopter who was locked. The cone is simply too big, it used to be good, but since .96 it's too much.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:26 PM   #8
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Its simply there to stop this kind of usage:

Xfire Video

There isn't any deviation to the missile is locked on a target and then fired afaik (and even if there is, the tracking will soon correct it), only when your not locked and you fire like in that video then there is a lot of deviation.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:29 AM   #9
[R-DEV]J.F.Leusch69
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmojo420 View Post
My problem with the deviation is that you can still stand on a roof top and fire it at infantry below, you simply have to wait for the weapon to settle before firing. So, what's the point in having deviation to prevent misusing the weapon, if it doesn't even accomplish that? The deviation hurts the effectiveness of the weapons real usage.

A number of times since this was updated, I've hit objects and injured myself or others around me when attempting to fire into the sky at a helicopter who was locked. The cone is simply too big, it used to be good, but since .96 it's too much.
the deviation on the handheld AAs is not the same as on the handheld weapons. it does not settle.
[R-DEV]J.F.Leusch69 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #10
Arnoldio
Banned

Thef, allways when i fired any kind of AA on public servers, rocket went straight then up unto the sky, minding its own buisness... Only went straight in local. Was that changed? :S Confuzzled.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
handheld