project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
16 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #101
Arnoldio
Banned
Default Re: For the millionth time... (Deviation)

There is absolutely no damn problem with deviation. Yes it may screw you over in CQB when someone "ohmyfuckinggod" appears in your face. That happens in real life too.

To counder that, lately, devs have implemented reverse deviation, wich means you can move and the deviation goes up at the same rate it goes down. What does this tell you? It tells you you can wait behind the corner for 4 seconds and then move around it, wich will take you a second or so, and your aim is almost perfect and that my dear friend is sufficient for CQB.

Now shut the hell up and learn to play instead of bitching about this reasonably good system.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #102
PoisonBill
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to PoisonBill

Okay, there's something which you can't implement in PR or any bf2 mod, that is weapon sway.

Just played a bit of red orchestra 2 today, for the first time. This game has allot of weapon sway, and when the sway halters you get your indicator to fire.

An indicator would only be a compliment for deviation and it would show the amount of (IRL noticeable) sway (deviation) which exists. Would it not?

@arnoldio, who are you referring to?
PoisonBill is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #103
Arnoldio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonBill View Post
@arnoldio, who are you referring to?
To whom it may concern.

There was a POC visual indicator, wich would be kinda welcome but wasnt implemented, but counting to five isnt so hard aswell.

YouTube Video
Old 03-11-2012, 09:29 PM   #104
AquaticPenguin

Quote:
Okay, there's something which you can't implement in PR or any bf2 mod, that is weapon sway.
Visual weapon sway akin to FH2 is possible, and it's something I would like to see in a fully polished PR. It doesn't effect the bullets path since it's just done in animation, but it has the same effect since the player doesn't know where the centre of the screen is and hence fire accuractely. IIRC it also has the disadvantage that it wouldn't be affected by deviation but I still reckon it could work as the 'base' deviation.

Another thing I'd quite like to see is the more realistic ballistics, because that in itself adds a slight unpredictability to where the shot will land, and I don't reckon we'd suffer for not having tracers as a consequence. (I believe that was the trade-off)

Overall I'm an advocate of reducing peak deviation ever so slightly, but maintaining the time it takes to reduce to a minimum, so there would be a bit less wild spray at CQC but long range combat would be unaffected. I think it would also improve the situation with suppression... Basic suppression could be achieved immediately and would actually have some effect, giving players greater chance to move to cover, so more organised ambushes and tactical thinking may be employed. Generally, with minute faked weapon sway and ballistics I think it would add a lot of polish and feel to the infantry combat.

Quote:
An indicator would only be a compliment for deviation and it would show the amount of (IRL noticeable) sway (deviation) which exists. Would it not?
While I think an indicator is a good idea and would probably alleviate some fuss from players, I don't think it would stop anyone's complaints about the deviation system, and may reinforce the assumption that if you are settled, then you should be able to kill what's in your sights before it can run to cover. I think people should need to work together to pull off ambushes and overwhelm the enemy rather than focus on sharpshooting.
AquaticPenguin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #105
Dev1200

Not enough recoil, too much deviation in CQB ranges.

Not enough per shot deviation with LMG.

Movement deviation is fine, after firing/per shot deviation needs to be reduced and substituted with recoil.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dev1200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #106
Arnoldio
Banned

LMG acts as an assault rifle undeployed, so it should have same per shot deviation as any other rifle. For deployed stance, less spread is the point.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #107
Blizzard

I dont think that RBS/Deviation is the correct aproach for this but an indicator would make it a lot better.
Blizzard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #108
PlaynCool

I don't know why visual indicator of deviation was never implemented.I mean as a soldier you should really know when you are firing with the most accuracy.Also i would like to see thoose 2 boxes that most of HAT kits have on the russian HAT center where the weapon is zeroed. I cant seem to figure how to use that scope, i know you have to wait for deviation, and have to compensate for rocket drop but the two brakets coming togheter would really help(where the rocket comes from).I really hope that v1.0 deviation will be better(can't really tell from Falklands since most weapons have iron sights.

Forgive my bad English...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PlaynCool is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:11 AM   #109
Predator.v2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaynCool View Post
I really hope that v1.0 deviation will be better(can't really tell from Falklands since most weapons have iron sights.
It will. We are working to change it in a way, that weapon behaviour feels less random and super inaccurate in CQB (after moving for a few seconds), but that rifles don't get super accurate laser rifles. Rifles (and most other weapons) should feel more reliable, but still have a realistic accuracy behaviour.

Some tipps to improve your assault rifle handling (in 0.973):

-After moving you have to wait 5-6 seconds until you reach maximum accuracy.
-Wait about 1-1.3 seconds between single shots for maximum accuracy.
-Dont go prone in CQB, unless you have at least 4 seconds to regain any accuracy at all (huge prone deviation penalty).
-After turning (mouse movement) you only have to wait around 0.5-0.6 seconds to regain full accuracy
-Always try to fire at least crouching, it is way more accurate than standing and it receives no penalty like going prone (standing devmodifier x1.5, crouching devmodifier 1, prone devmodifier 0.9)

These numbers are simply about maximum accuracy (or minimum deviation). You can even shoot weapons more or less accurate after waiting half of the mentioned times, as the deviation reduces linear from a maximum deviation value (for each category [movement, turning, firing, prone/jump]) until an overall minimum deviation value (zoom, stance modifiers are getting calculated in the end).

Good luck in PR!
Pred

Last edited by Predator.v2; 10-15-2012 at 07:20 AM..
Old 10-16-2012, 04:11 AM   #110
samogon100500

Needed aim indicator.Curently see this only on HAT.

samogon100500 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
deviation, millionth, time