project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
23 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 06:41 AM   #21
Kelkk
Default Re: Cant pickup enemy kit :)

its good the way it is. and it would probably be more real if u could pick up anything u wanted at any time and keep it. I mean, how realistic is it that the screen turns black when u pick up a gun. but i guess it would get unbalanced ye
Kelkk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:09 AM   #22
Deadmeat1981

I think it was a mistake to make enemy kits unusable, taking a an enemy sniperrifle and therefor blocking this kit for the enemy is ok.

I say though luck for the team that lost the precious kit.

screen turning black? c?mon?

I have been playing PR since version 0.2 or 0.3, can?t remember, and I always liked taking an officers kit as Insurgency because of the pistol. (note: the makarov is not acceptable. bring back the stone)

so all enemy kits should be usable. my opinion.
Deadmeat1981 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:29 AM   #23
fabioxxxx

At first a lot of people hated the change... but you will get used to it .

But i think the officer kit should be usable ... can't see why not.

my dev impression on the matter

Last edited by fabioxxxx; 03-06-2012 at 03:44 PM..
Old 12-16-2011, 09:26 AM   #24
CroCop
Project Reality Beta Tester

All I know that its a bit derp that as an Militia MG gunner I am unable to use the Russian PKM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CroCop is online now Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #25
Stealthgato

Same with the marksman kits - both have Dragunovs.

Also I'd love to be able to use Cell Leader kits as BLUFOR - dat FAL :>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stealthgato is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:35 AM   #26
gazzthompson

assuming devs cant make it map/Faction/Kit specific (correct me if im wrong) its all or nothing and i like what we currently have vs what was before. Both are unrealistic though

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #27
Gotrol

The issue could be resolved if only the Blue tags were removed. I don't know if that's possible, but would be the ultimate thing.

You know who your squad is, but other than that, all is a fair game. I'd love to see people picking enemy kits with then.
Gotrol is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:48 PM   #28
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

Their clothing won't change, though. Only the helmet, backpack and weapon.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #29
a0jer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZIOIMIBIExX View Post
well ive done this once but, my whole squad took enemy kits we found. and used that to our advantage, kinda like spec ops, was cool because when we came up on enemies they usually hesitated to fire thinking we were friendly. :P(
Did this on Al Basrah once, so fun & really successful until our LAV killed us all. Stupid overeager gunner.
a0jer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:22 AM   #30
moshico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson29 View Post
and on a personal note...there is nothing i hate more than to see a blufor soldier on insurgency throw down his weapon just to get the insurgent head dress. i'd like to see all enemy kits unusable after 30sec because i do like having the ability to get field dressings and ammo packs but keeping the kit just to use the enemy's head gear is something i dont like. if taking kits w/o taking the headgear was possible then the current version would be perfect....
I really can't find a reason for someone to disagree picking up enemies field dressing...I am almost 19 years old and I am in the Israeli army (IDF) in an Infantry division. Two weeks ago our CO (stands for Company Commander, right?) woke us up at 4am (after sleeping 1 hour) to tell us about things that happened in the 2nd lebanon war (2006) to Combat soldiers that were caught-off inside lebanon with no ammo/medical supplies/food or water. the 1st thing was that the caught-off soldiers, were mostly wounded and had no medical supplies, so they made a really daring effort to scavnge from dead Hezbollah terrorists. They took syriants, bandages, gaza, and everything they found. So again, why picking up enemy field dressing should'nt be opptional?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain888 View Post
It's not realistic and spoils immersion, I hate ninja blufor disguised as Ins, also most of points brought by Himalde outweigh the fact that Ins would be able to pick up kit.

But let me ask you something how often in war materials do you see insurgents scavenging bodies of regular soldiers? I think when they can use better equipment it's almost certain they will use it, but irl it happens very rarely - in PR it happens all the time because it's game and both sides have to have chances to kill enemy, but it's still asymmetric warfare so Ins should have worse equipment and fight with other tactics.

For blufor soldiers it's obvious why it won't happen so I think we all agree that dressing as enemy and using their weapons should really not be present in game.

I always thought that the best solution and symbol for Ins taking blufor kits would be standard riflemen kits spawning in main for each X amount of kills. That would symbolize that enemy have somehow obtained better equipment through warfare actions, but it's less spammy (and retarded, like shooting lats and stuff) as we have it now.
Embedded with Israel IDF Soldiers operating in Lebanon Long Version - Part 1 - YouTube
Embedded with Israel IDF Soldiers operating in Lebanon Long Version - Part 2 - YouTube
Watch this, and tell me if u still think what u said is right.

BTW, we were also told about an SAS mission that a squad of 12 men, were ambushed and managed to kill 20+ INS and continued on-mission with the weapons and clothing of the dead INS. I can't confirm it is true 100%, but if theres any Brits in this forums, please confirm if u know what I am talking about
Last edited by moshico; 12-19-2011 at 02:29 AM..

Tags
enemy, kit, pickup