project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011, 05:22 AM   #21
Tarranauha200

Default Re: Flares and Countermeasures

At least they work in choppas.

Flares+barrelrolz and that missile will never hit you.
Tarranauha200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:18 PM   #22
Killer2354

I can usually avoid AA missiles flying at me in any aircraft, including the A10 with flares and maneuvers. It all depends how you're using the two together. If I do get hit, I usually survive to either land to make repairs, make an emergency landing, or bail. It all depends on the situation.
Killer2354 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:52 AM   #23
CL65_AMG

Smile Re: Flares and Countermeasures

Im flying alot and i only can say that if you sitting in the A-10 and u got missile lock then u have a chance of survive of 50%

In my mind the past versions of PR were better for jets including defending with flares, its to easy now to kill slow jets like the frogfot or A-10

greets

benz AMG

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Death from Above
CL65_AMG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:21 AM   #24
Hunt3r

IRL I don't believe that missiles explode when they hit a flare, it doesn't activate the prox fuse...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #25
Killer2354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt3r View Post
IRL I don't believe that missiles explode when they hit a flare, it doesn't activate the prox fuse...
How would the missile distinguish the difference between a flare and a jet in terms of proximity fuse? It's looking for a heat signature and goes after it, not the body of an aircraft. (unless it's using radar guidance, in which case chaff helps with that) If the missile is designed to explode in proximity of an aircraft through a heat signature, it will explode on a flare, since flares are made to mimic the exhaust of an aircraft.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #26
Zoddom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer2354 View Post
How would the missile distinguish the difference between a flare and a jet in terms of proximity fuse? It's looking for a heat signature and goes after it, not the body of an aircraft. (unless it's using radar guidance, in which case chaff helps with that) If the missile is designed to explode in proximity of an aircraft through a heat signature, it will explode on a flare, since flares are made to mimic the exhaust of an aircraft.
i think flairs mainly distract the missile. before it would explode it notices that the heat signature is not the one its been locked on, if you understand what im saying.
if its radar guided, chaffs only disturb the radar lock and if the missile loses the lock, it wont detonate, or detonates when it passed the target. im not sure though

Zoddom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:00 PM   #27
Killer2354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoddom View Post
i think flairs mainly distract the missile. before it would explode it notices that the heat signature is not the one its been locked on, if you understand what im saying.
if its radar guided, chaffs only disturb the radar lock and if the missile loses the lock, it wont detonate, or detonates when it passed the target. im not sure though
Chaff will distract the radar guided missile and cause it to miss. Flares distract heat guided missiles and will cause them to detonate if they have a proximity fuse. Besides, missiles are not humans. They look for immense heat and follow it.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #28
Hunt3r

I'm mostly out of my depth on this subject, I thought that prox fuses didn't work upon proximity to the heat source, but in proximity to a physical object that is big enough to be noticed.

Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #29
ExNusquam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt3r View Post
I'm mostly out of my depth on this subject, I thought that prox fuses didn't work upon proximity to the heat source, but in proximity to a physical object that is big enough to be noticed.
A bit late, but this is correct. Proximity fuses use magnetic fields to detonate IRL.
ExNusquam is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
countermeasures, flares