project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 12:06 PM   #1
LudacrisKill

Default Jets Imbalance

The Eurofighter and Tornado are WAAAAAY too quick. There is no balanced vs the mig/j10. The typhoon is the best air to air jet in PR, I doubt it should be so.

The Euro should have similar values to the f16/mig and the tornado should be weaker in air to air battles (As I doubt the speed will be reduced BELOW the mig/f16/j10's.)

Its a huge balancing issue for Qinling and Silent Eagle. Don't know why it wasn't fixed in the latest release. It makes it unplayable in private battles like the PRT for example and a few public rounds too.

Also Im pretty sure the Euro and Tornado are too quiet too.
LudacrisKill is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:53 PM   #2
ralfidude

Send a message via AIM to ralfidude
Default Re: Jets Imbalance

Dunno about the quiet, but they are definitely NOT FAIR in a fight like silent eagle. The eurofighter will always win. And its speed is so ridicolous that if you manage to pop flares when mig is behind you, all you have to do is put ur afterburner on and vuola! You are out of trouble and his sight in less than 1.5 seconds. Lol, i mean come on.... It should be German Mig vs Russian Mig. You CANNOT tell me it would be uneven then.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ralfidude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:47 PM   #3
Stealthgato

Well, the Eurofighter Typhoon is a much superior plane anyways... But since many other things get pulled back for the sake of gameplay, I don't see why this shouldn't.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stealthgato is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:11 PM   #4
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudacrisKill View Post
The Eurofighter and Tornado are WAAAAAY too quick. There is no balanced vs the mig/j10. The typhoon is the best air to air jet in PR, I doubt it should be so.

The Euro should have similar values to the f16/mig and the tornado should be weaker in air to air battles (As I doubt the speed will be reduced BELOW the mig/f16/j10's.)
And your basing that on what exactly? The EF2000 is a 4.5/5th Generation aircraft, the F-16/Mig-29/J-10 are all 4th Generation Aircraft where the EF2000 is a far superior aircraft to all, in avionics, weapon systems and flight characteristics.

Eurofighter Technology and Performance

On that table there, the F-16 only scores 21%, EF2000 scores 82% and there are many other tables like that which all say the same thing.

As such, it would be unrealistic for us to put the EF2000 on the same par as the other aircraft you mention, but at the same time we haven't made it as good ingame as it is in r/l and a good pilot can still easily shoot it down in a J-10 etc.

The Tornado on the other hand, is realistic to be that fast. Its a very, very fast aircraft. Its max speed is Mach 2.34, although its relative speed in PR is probably a little too fast but still, much faster than the other aircraft ingame. It is also armed with only a few, short range missiles, where all the fighters ingame are armed with long range and short range so the Tornado is much worse at air-to-air combat than a fighter. If your often getting shot down by a Tornado when your in a fighter, you should practice more tbh

While there is a lot that could and needs to be improve with our jets, I wouldn't say that the balance side is really that off tbh as right now, the best pilots will win most engagements which is tbh how it is in real life.

[R-DEV]Rhino is online now Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:13 PM   #5
chrisweb89
Project Reality Beta Tester

Umh no. When was the last time you flew jets in PR? Skill means very little in jet combat, its all about who gets behind who first and fires, you can have a pilot that can barely takeoff shoot down the best pilot ingame if he spams his aa missles at the enemy jet. Those 4 short range AA missles are still very deadly and when I do fly make up 90% of my kills. PR is all about balance, the stats for vehicles are always changed so that they are more balanced for gameplay and give both sides a chance, why should this case be any different, the Mig 29 verses EF2000 and tornado is one of the biggest vehicle imbalances ingame even with the 2 mobile AAVs on the ground.
chrisweb89 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:54 AM   #6
ralfidude

Rhino, you cant tell me some balance has to be achieved.... Take Silent Eagle for example... Explain what is fair about the CAS situation in that map. I reached 3000 speed in the eurofighter last night.... the mig cant even get close to 2300. Yep, thats fair. Totally.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:02 AM   #7
Fukster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfidude View Post
Rhino, you cant tell me some balance has to be achieved.... Take Silent Eagle for example... Explain what is fair about the CAS situation in that map. I reached 3000 speed in the eurofighter last night.... the mig cant even get close to 2300. Yep, thats fair. Totally.
That is not based on facts, i can fly mig on 3000 at silent eagle.

Never actually lost to eurofighter on silent eagle. And dont see any reason why ef would be superior.

U need to take those old planes to higher altitude to go "supersonic" and no its not a myth i got a video to show how to go supersonic.

So it works like this, u go high enough to get supersonic, then u dive down and vola u go a lot faster than any ef.

I would never change my mig to anything,i always prefer mig.

here is the video

Xfire Video
Fukster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:52 AM   #8
ralfidude

that requires u to go and do all that, eurofighter will achieve that without any of that bs.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:04 AM   #9
Fukster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfidude View Post
that requires u to go and do all that, eurofighter will achieve that without any of that bs.
Well there is ur solution, what u said is mig will never achieve that types of speeds. that was just to correct you.
Fukster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #10
chrisweb89
Project Reality Beta Tester

Theres also the fact that the EF has much better agility and low speed flight, the mig has no advantage in any case on my mind, especially over 2 very fast agile jets.
chrisweb89 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
imbalance, jets