project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
24 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 07:30 PM   #11
lukeyu2005

Default Re: My Campaign To Improve Current Air to Air Combat.

The dog fight range in PR is realistically gun range.
IT would be nice if missiles are only good an long range and at close up encounters are useless. I.e either make the planes more maneuverable or make the missiles less agile.
lukeyu2005 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:50 PM   #12
Hunt3r

I'd be in favor of improving the agility in the aircraft of PR, as they are right now they honestly feel a good deal slower than what actually occurs in reality, probably due to scaling effects or something of the sort.

I suppose as a compromise, increased speed bleed from increasingly hard turns would work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:02 PM   #13
Haji with a Handgun

That would be amazing to see planes actually using their guns rather than missiles. Smells like a suggestion though.

In Game: Marxman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Haji with a Handgun is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:26 AM   #14
lukeyu2005

And realistically dog fights don't happen at mach 1 they happen at around 400km/h to 700km/h (correct me if i'm wrong)
And i'm pretty sure f-16 don't stall out at 600km/h.
Please get the air combat sorted.
The more realistic you guys make it the less realistic it seems.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:30 AM   #15
lukeyu2005

Because right now Air to Air combat (In jets) is not a matter of skill it's a game of chance of who ever manages to get behind someone first.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:05 AM   #16
Truism

It's been an issue forever. I honestly think Air to Air is the only thing in PR that can't be fixed due to engine limitations (almost everything else just requires hueg amounts of time and workarounds).

SSGTSEAL <headshot M4> Osama

Counter-Terrorists Win!
Truism is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:47 PM   #17
Oddsodz

I Would love to see the jets be able to turn tighter than they do. Keep the max speed as it is. And let the jets turn. As it is now. It takes haft a map to make a 180 turn. This maybe realistic but for game play, I Would say it's a small price to pay for more fun in the air. This would not have much effect on what happens on the ground.

And as some of us have said before. More Flares and have more than 1 pop out at time. Or even two types of Flares. 1 that just pops out the back like it does right now. And 1 type that shoots a load out in a spread but has a long time to reload before it can be used again (I did see a video from PR:CA that had just that on a F-15). The ideas can go on forever. But the Dev team are lacking Jet coders at this time as far as I know. So you are all going to have to live with what we have right now. I Can tell you one thing. Air to Air combat does last a little longer in this build. Air to Air missiles have had some tweaking that "Snap-Shooting" a lot less effective. That has helped.

Censorship is Ugly
Oddsodz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:55 PM   #18
Zoddom

i finds good as it is now, however not realistic.
because you cant achieve a realsitc air gameplay because of the engine you should keep it as it is now.

the only solution possibly possible could be to make aircraft contact draw on hud on a much bigger distance tahn the lock distance. perhaps it would imrpove gameplay.

Zoddom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:21 PM   #19
Alex6714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddsodz View Post
I Would love to see the jets be able to turn tighter than they do. Keep the max speed as it is. And let the jets turn. As it is now. It takes haft a map to make a 180 turn. This maybe realistic but for game play, I Would say it's a small price to pay for more fun in the air. This would not have much effect on what happens on the ground.

And as some of us have said before. More Flares and have more than 1 pop out at time. Or even two types of Flares. 1 that just pops out the back like it does right now. And 1 type that shoots a load out in a spread but has a long time to reload before it can be used again (I did see a video from PR:CA that had just that on a F-15). The ideas can go on forever. But the Dev team are lacking Jet coders at this time as far as I know. So you are all going to have to live with what we have right now. I Can tell you one thing. Air to Air combat does last a little longer in this build. Air to Air missiles have had some tweaking that "Snap-Shooting" a lot less effective. That has helped.
Agree with the turn radius, it needs to be scaled in.

The flares too, in CA we deployed them one out each side, at a higher speed (rather than dropping) and at a much higher ROF with a higher mag count. Is more realistic and looks it, and probably wouldn?t affect the aa missiles negatively.

I don?t think the problem is lack of coders, I think it is what is allowed in game or not. Id be willing to do the flare changes as I did in CA, and some know the jet physics more, but I think it comes down to more abut what is considered ok.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:45 PM   #20
Noobinator

The maps aren't big enough to accommodate proper air 2 air combat...
Noobinator is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
air, campaign, combat, current, improve