project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
22 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 02:03 AM   #1
MachineMadness
Default M249 on Canadian Jeeps

Am I the only one perplexed as to why the mounted M249 on the Canadian jeep overheats so fast?

The portable version doesn't appear to have any overheating but the mounted one does?

As it stands the mounted M249 overheats within roughly 3 or so seconds, and cool-down is so long.

Id suggest changing it to a higher value.
MachineMadness is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:30 AM   #2
mangeface
Supporting Member

Default Re: M249 on Canadian Jeeps

I've never had problems with it. Maybe since you're in combat, it just seems like it overheats faster. Also, you should be specific on how you are using the weapon. Are you firing on cyclic rate, or are you firing in controlled burst? On cyclic, you pull the trigger and let rounds fly, so it's going to overheat way faster. When you shoot weapons from vehicles, shoot them like you would any LMG you would in a squad. Nice, controlled burst for accuracy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-USMC, that is

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mangeface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:36 AM   #3
Kim Jong ill

I don't think you understand, you can fire two full bags of ammo on the infantry SAW before it will overheat but the mounted M249s will overheat on full auto in a couple of seconds.
Kim Jong ill is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:41 AM   #4
Dougalachi

It's not just on the Canadian transport, a lot of armor has this issue, where you can only fire like (at most) 5 seconds and then it overheats. The BMP-3's MG is next to worthless because it overheats so fast, so then you switch to the 30mm cannon, and then that overheats too. Also, I haven't noticed the BMP-3 bow MGs being fixed yet since I went off topic :/
Dougalachi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:23 AM   #5
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkside12 View Post
I've never had problems with it. Maybe since you're in combat, it just seems like it overheats faster. Also, you should be specific on how you are using the weapon. Are you firing on cyclic rate, or are you firing in controlled burst? On cyclic, you pull the trigger and let rounds fly, so it's going to overheat way faster. When you shoot weapons from vehicles, shoot them like you would any LMG you would in a squad. Nice, controlled burst for accuracy.
That isn't the point here with how to fire a weapon, its the fact that it overheats and the AR one doesn't.

And for the record I was his squad leader and was driving the G-Wagon when it happened on Archer.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:58 AM   #6
Charliesierra-RCR

Just for info, your able to fire 400rounds through the C9 before its "suggested" to change barrels.. you dont have to change barrels, but by the time you get to the next 200 rounds, the barrel will turn white and start to warp. there shouldnt be a different between a mounted C9 and unmounted C9.. both should be able to fire 2 boxes without worrying about over heating
Charliesierra-RCR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:47 PM   #7
dtacs
Supporting Member

I just timed it then, the C9 on the G-Wagons can fire for 3.2 seconds before overheating.

It takes roughly 4 seconds of overheat time to be able to fire one shot before it instantly overheats again.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:54 PM   #8
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliesierra-RCR View Post
Just for info, your able to fire 400rounds through the C9 before its "suggested" to change barrels.. you dont have to change barrels, but by the time you get to the next 200 rounds, the barrel will turn white and start to warp. there shouldnt be a different between a mounted C9 and unmounted C9.. both should be able to fire 2 boxes without worrying about over heating
Is the barrel change purely to let it cool down? I assume so and that you could put it back on later?
PLODDITHANLEY is online now Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:41 PM   #9
IAJTHOMAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
I just timed it then, the C9 on the G-Wagons can fire for 3.2 seconds before overheating.

It takes roughly 4 seconds of overheat time to be able to fire one shot before it instantly overheats again.

Firing in 4 or 5 round bursts with a second between them seems to do little to slow this either.

IAJTHOMAS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:46 PM   #10
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I'd like to see the overheat on the moutned weapons set to the same as the handheld version for consistency and also to allow the SAW to put down more suppressive fire than the 50cal since it lacks vehicle stoping power - unlike the 50cal.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
canadian, jeeps, m249