project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
20 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2017, 09:04 PM   #21
Rabbit

Default Re: Distribution of heavy assets over time

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG View Post
I agree with the reduction on maps like Khami, Burning etc.

I think Kashan is the only map that benefits from having more assets, as it becomes less effective to farm inf on bunkers due to the lower count of INF in the bunkers itself.

But I do heavily miss the 10 wait time for assets to spawn the first time around. made people actually prepare for CAS instead of turning their brain off and forgetting about it because it takes too long to remember to prepare for it.
Dunno, I like the layout black gold has.

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:04 AM   #22
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Dunno, I like the layout black gold has.
Black gold has different gameplay based on the flag layout and proximity.

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 01:17 PM   #23
Wicca
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Give med 200 player servers and boom, game is more fun!

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 01:47 PM   #24
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicca View Post
Give me 200 player servers and boom, PRTA is even worse!
You can simulate that by typing in game.lockfps 10 to your console
Last edited by viirusiiseli; 12-31-2017 at 01:53 PM..
Old 01-01-2018, 05:12 PM   #25
Wicca
Supporting Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DX2gzyVTh4

Does that look like 10 fps?

Old 01-01-2018, 06:49 PM   #26
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Does that look like I could kill 2 communities within 2 years?
Proceeds to pick video of 4km map with literally nothing on it except a few trees, where players are bound to be spread out in large areas, person recording using some crappy 4:3 resolution.

why even try

Here's an actual example of FPS on 200 players

Sure looks like 10-20 fps to me.

Last edited by viirusiiseli; 01-01-2018 at 06:56 PM..
Old 01-02-2018, 02:28 AM   #27
agus92

Back to steamrolls:

Steamrolls suck and as INF you feel powerless when your tanks/cas die instantly.

Steamrolls can't be fought decreasing timers because of all the good points previously risen.

What can be done then?

Well, there are 2 weapons that can be modified in a reactive manner that are pretty much independent of the rest of the gameplay, and those are hats and manpads.

I suggest introducing an extra, "non respawnable", hat/manpad after 10 min of severe nmy tank/air supremacy.
agus92 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 07:47 AM   #28
Wicca
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viirusiiseli View Post
Proceeds to pick video of 4km map with literally nothing on it except a few trees, where players are bound to be spread out in large areas, person recording using some crappy 4:3 resolution.

why even try

Here's an actual example of FPS on 200 players

Sure looks like 10-20 fps to me.

The person who made the recording did not have 10 FPS, again some players receive less than 30 fps depending on hardware. And I am sure the number of people who had bad computers then has decreased drastically. Increasing the player number is an easy way to balance out heavy assets, since it simply increases the number of players allowed in a server without altering any GPO file.

Also, usually you would not play 1km or 2km maps with 200 players, I find that a waste and indeed quite a spammy way to play PR. Playing 200 players on a 1k or 2k map is like joining a 200 user teamspeak lobby with guns.

This thread is mostly about 4k maps and as such I would suggest for any balancing, just increase the player count, so that when you do play 4k maps, the number of players will balance out the number of vehicles.

Although I have a feeling you take any form of discussion on this forum personal, I am just a huge fan and advocate of 200 player server. And found this to be a good way to promote that, I wish nothing bad towards you.

Old 01-02-2018, 09:28 AM   #29
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
This thread is mostly about 4k maps and as such I would suggest for any balancing, just increase the player count, so that when you do play 4k maps, the number of players will balance out the number of vehicles..
Except you don't count in the fact that a good asset player in 4k will just get twice the amount of kills because adding 100 more players just makes it easier to get crazy amounts of kills. Maybe there wont be a capout round like now because there will be so many enemies you can't just go through them. But it will end very fast when you end up getting 50-100 kills with 1 reload of a tank by just farming kills.

Nearly all 4km maps still have all their infantry combat centered around a <1km area anyways, creating a meatgrinder with terrible FPS.
Last edited by viirusiiseli; 01-02-2018 at 09:33 AM..
Old 01-02-2018, 10:00 AM   #30
Wicca
Supporting Member

Well, I think in most senses you should account for every scenario.

If both teams assets players are bad, if one teams assets are bad but the other good. Or both are good.

The same applies to the infantry, and what emplacments are manned or not.

So, how do you create a system where each team has a fair chance of winning? And the game is always good since assets do not outcap the current players without altering too much?

Well, my take on it is allow for more players to join a server, maybe 200 is extreme, but let's say 128. Thats 14 more players per team, 7 more players to make up for squadleaders moving their squad into nowhere or armor squad losing all their assets.

My biggest issue with 4k maps is that some of them have only a few helicopters, the biggest issue people have with 4k maps, is losing all their fobs and only having truck transports. Noone wants to make a comeback from that.

So, I would suggest applying more helicopters to 4k teams maps, such as Kashan, Bamyan or any other map that might only have 2. Bring the number of helicopters up to 4 per team, or even more. And then you might see teams might have a better chance at comebacks.

Decrease the time it takes on all maps to resupply helicopters, and give helicopters the ability to drop repair stations, or make it a buildable emplacment or smt.

Tags
assets, distribution, heavy, time