project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
22 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2017, 03:34 PM   #51
DogACTUAL

Default Re: Dogfighting and flares

I am aware of how the meta was back then, although i didn't play then, i watched quite a lot of videos and read many posts going into detail on that. You should know that since a while ago i made a thread listing all the things that have been done to CAS over the years.

I totally agree about attack helicopter fights being silly and random now, i really wish we had AA missiles for AHs again.
Which is why i don't understand your opposition to more effective A2A missiles for jets.
It's the same thing, see the other CAS first, get the win (in most cases).

So i don't understand why you think looking around frantically and checking your surroundings doesn't give you an edge anymore, that is not true at all. It is the opposite actually, usually the nubs don't check their surroundings and end up getting seen first.

That's why for jet combat potent A2A missiles don't favour the nubs because they will barely get to use them first.

Now overly potent ground AA is another story. That one basically forces you to only hit lases because the moment you fly lower and engage targets 'manually' a random AA will target your flare and just explode your jet instanty.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 06:31 PM   #52
PatrickLA_CA

Yeah, I agree with viirus, CAS was actually fun before 1.0. Now, it isn't even tempting, at least for me. There's no fun in killing or getting killed as a result of seeing the guy first, even though that's the case IRL. There's almost no way to evade or turn the tables.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 06:54 PM   #53
Menuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post

Now overly potent ground AA is another story. That one basically forces you to only hit lases because the moment you fly lower and engage targets 'manually' a random AA will target your flare and just explode your jet instanty.
To attack lase you need to dive than drop an bomb and run away. With new jet phisic its taking for ever to go high enough so the AA cant kill you. But if you hear the lock you are almost 80% sure you are dead (In helis is like 90%).

Today on Test airfield i spammed 30 flares after i heard lock and I died anyways, enemy jet was like 1400m away and still i could do shit (one or two time i was smoking but before i turned he could shoot second AA ), same with ground AA. With helicopter i could dodge missle from 1300m away, but still i was smoking and i didnt have enough time to rtb 700m to main. You can only survive AA missle if you preflare (4 out of 5 times i survived), but still there is always this one guy who will camp next to your main with the AA.
Menuen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 07:12 PM   #54
DogACTUAL

Flare spam will attract the missile to your aircraft because only the 2 newest set of launched flares will actually work. So by spamming flares you just lay out a nice path for the missile to follow to your aircraft and splash it. Try flaring only once or twice and wait at least 3 seconds before flaring again, it will make a big difference.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 09:03 PM   #55
Hunter291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danesh_italiano View Post
True!

#ReverseAATo1.3.9
#MakeAANonGreatAgain

and dog fights will be fun again...
^ ^ ^ ^
Hunter291 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 09:39 PM   #56
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danesh_italiano View Post
REVERT_TO_0.981
fIXeD fOr yOU 1.0 nEWfRiEnDs
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:39 AM   #57
Menuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
Flare spam will attract the missile to your aircraft because only the 2 newest set of launched flares will actually work. So by spamming flares you just lay out a nice path for the missile to follow to your aircraft and splash it. Try flaring only once or twice and wait at least 3 seconds before flaring again, it will make a big difference.
When you flare once it's not working anyway. When you shoot the rocket and he is locked, you can see that rocket will almost never relock to flares, it's going straight into enemy jet.
Menuen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 05:06 AM   #58
DogACTUAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
This is not true. The USAF had to retrofit their jets with guns because bvr fights didn't go so well due to the poor accuracy of their missiles...Do you have any sources that support your arguments?
(quote cut a bit and summarized from 2 different posts)

Since you asked for sources, here. While the early A2A missiles had their flaws, the story about guns outshining the early A2A missiles is a common misconception, this video sums it up nicely:
Quora thread, first two answers are very well researched, first one is from an actual former navy pilot: https://www.quora.com/Why-didnt-the-...iles-work-well
Last edited by DogACTUAL; 10-30-2017 at 05:14 AM..

Tags
bug, dogfighting, flares, jets, missles