project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
22 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2017, 06:20 AM   #21
Fuller
PR Server License Moderator
Default Re: Dogfighting and flares

I think there is sometimes a problem with the AA warning not going off in CAS choppers when a MANPAD is locking on to them. I recently had the problem with the Cobra on Murrah City when the rocket impacted the heli about 0.5 seconds after the AA warning sound went off.

Fuller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:21 PM   #22
PBAsydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
I think there is sometimes a problem with the AA warning not going off in CAS choppers when a MANPAD is locking on to them. I recently had the problem with the Cobra on Murrah City when the rocket impacted the heli about 0.5 seconds after the AA warning sound went off.
Pretty sure that's intentional since the launcher locking on via heat-signature is passive.
PBAsydney is online now Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:22 PM   #23
chrisweb89
PR Server License Moderator

95% sure you got a redirect and got fucked.
chrisweb89 is online now Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:05 AM   #24
Menuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisweb89 View Post
95% sure you got a redirect and got fucked.
Nope you have 1 or 2 seconds after lock sound to do anything. There is no time to dodge or at least to turn. Only thing that can save you is speed, so if you pop flares and have speed to move away enough to take only damage.
Menuen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:21 PM   #25
DogACTUAL

FAKE NEWS.

I was already 95% percent sure that a manpads lock on before firing the missile would give you a warning tone, but i tested it again just because of your claim. A expected, you hear a warning tone after the manpads aquired a lock on before it even fires the missile. And for that matter, this is the case for every lock on AA in this game.

I don't know how these fake news starts spreading, a good tip, don't make any claims about stuff you assume must be true, only stuff you actually tested and verified.

The reason you assumed that was the case, was probably because every self respecting AA guy will fire the missile as soon as he aquires a lock, which effectively leads to a similar result as if your claim was true.
DogACTUAL is online now Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 02:25 AM   #26
Menuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
FAKE NEWS.

I was already 95% percent sure that a manpads lock on before firing the missile would give you a warning tone, but i tested it again just because of your claim. A expected, you hear a warning tone after the manpads aquired a lock on before it even fires the missile. And for that matter, this is the case for every lock on AA in this game.

I don't know how these fake news starts spreading, a good tip, don't make any claims about stuff you assume must be true, only stuff you actually tested and verified.

The reason you assumed that was the case, was probably because every self respecting AA guy will fire the missile as soon as he aquires a lock, which effectively leads to a similar result as if your claim was true.
"pilot cant hear first locking sound from hand-held AA, you can only hear second one" The problem is he can shoot faster than you will drop your flares. He is more prepared, and you as a pilot have to fly straight, look for hats, AAs, Helis and also you need to talk with your gunner. He will almost everytime be faster than you.
Menuen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:31 AM   #27
fecht_niko
Banned

Is it possible that the stinger AA is much worse than all other AAs?
I tried it yesterday on Beirut 5 times. Locked on a transheli which didn't even flared but the rocket flew into the water not even close to the chopper.
fecht_niko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:04 AM   #28
Jack_Howitzer

This update was really a nail in the coffin for CAS & dogfighting. First the maneuverability of fixed-wing aircraft was wrecked, then ridiculous ground AA re-track ability, new (broken) flare system combined with increased bullet drop and reduced gun ammunition.

I have seen loads of nerfing and buffing in my PR years but this is one of those cases when some DEVs apparently had enough of CAS jets. This system reduces experienced pilot's chance of survival to that of a noob. Now it's just first see, first kill. Tactics play very little role, any maneuvers or moves play no role whatsoever. Who first gets a lock-on gets the kill. Kind of like aimbot for every pilot. ))))
Jack_Howitzer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 11:40 AM   #29
Danesh_italiano
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Dogfights are not fun any more. 90% the time i die by AA (first lock/first missile). The same to kill enemy jets, 90% the time i kill enemy jet with on the first lock/frist missile.

The problem is not the flare, is the AA. AA got buffered on 1.4...

1.3.9 AA + no missile spam + new flight models = the best

Edit: Pre-flaring doesn't work (at least for jets)... and pooping 60 flares is not enough for AA :/

So sei que nada sei.
Last edited by Danesh_italiano; 10-21-2017 at 11:48 AM..
Old 10-21-2017, 02:56 PM   #30
Brozef

Want to make dog fights more fun? Easy as pie, instead of allowing lock on times to be fucking 1 second make it like 5-6 seconds before lock is good and reduce the size of the lock on radius. That will make them last longer and force pilots to use their guns more which is so much more fun to use.
Brozef is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, dogfighting, flares, jets, missles