project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
23 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2017, 04:31 AM   #11
fecht_niko
Banned
Default Re: Dogfighting and flares

What? AA can kill CAS that flies over it?
Pls nerf AA so I can gunrun superfobs, tanks & INF again.
fecht_niko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:51 AM   #12
DogACTUAL

You can still gun run just as well as before if you preflare, this is more about how once a missile is launched at a jet that wasn't flaring flares will mostly not be able to spoof it.

Gun running tanks doesn't really work anymore since the armour update, tanks are very resistant to regular jet cannons now to a point that it has become impractical to do gun runs on them. You'd have to basically hit ALL of your available cannon rounds in the rear armour of the tank and do multiple gun runs on the same tank to destroy it. If you hit the front or side armour they will not get destroyed, even if you hit it with ALL of your available rounds.

You'd know that if you would actually play CAS once in a while.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:35 PM   #13
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
-snip-
Jets apart from A-10 SU-25/39 fire HE from their cannon, not AP.

FFG is online now Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:53 PM   #14
DogACTUAL

There are rounds out there for the M61 that combine AP with HE, but even then they shouldn't be able to effectively take out tanks imo. So i am perfectly fine with the M61 or other jet guns not being able to effectively engage tanks, i always thought it was silly before the armour update that a 20mm could just blow up the tank with a few rounds on the front armour.

I just wanted to drive home the point for all those asset haters that always assume CAS=too OP.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:29 AM   #15
fecht_niko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
There are rounds out there for the M61 that combine AP with HE, but even then they shouldn't be able to effectively take out tanks imo. So i am perfectly fine with the M61 or other jet guns not being able to effectively engage tanks, i always thought it was silly before the armour update that a 20mm could just blow up the tank with a few rounds on the front armour.

I just wanted to drive home the point for all those asset haters that always assume CAS=too OP.
Who cares about assets if there are LAT kits available
Old 10-17-2017, 07:01 AM   #16
Jagira

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecht_niko View Post
Who cares about assets if there are LAT kits available
He has transcended. The next step of evolution.
Jagira is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:37 AM   #17
Menuen

Did you know that pilot cant hear first locking sound from hand-held AA, you can only hear second one but it's to late to do anything because rocket is already comming.

Oh and Niko tell me how should I fly on Muttrah, Xiangshan or Pavlosk when one AA can cover almost all of the flags that are in play? Use lazes, sure but you know how it is you gonna get one laze (if you are lucky) gonna do one run then you need to go rtb because you preflared and you have like 20 flares left.
Menuen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:50 AM   #18
fecht_niko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menuen View Post
Did you know that pilot cant hear first locking sound from hand-held AA, you can only hear second one but it's to late to do anything because rocket is already comming.

Oh and Niko tell me how should I fly on Muttrah, Xiangshan or Pavlosk when one AA can cover almost all of the flags that are in play? Use lazes, sure but you know how it is you gonna get one laze (if you are lucky) gonna do one run then you need to go rtb because you preflared and you have like 20 flares left.
teamwork, get a sniper in your squad and let him kill the marked AA on the maps.
A LAT can 1-shot any AAV.

What do you think is the purpose of AA if it cant kill CAS?

But I would agree on a more skilled AA system (like Blowpipe) in order to kill CAS.

-Handheld AA guided
-Stationary AA or AAV fire&forget
Old 10-17-2017, 11:20 AM   #19
Heavy Death

Teamwork takes time. And whoever hit that create squad button at the right milisecond is entitled to immediate pewpew.

Also expansion of PR maths: Teamwork < Gameplay =/= Realism

Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:31 AM   #20
Menuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecht_niko View Post
teamwork, get a sniper in your squad and let him kill the marked AA on the maps.
A LAT can 1-shot any AAV.

What do you think is the purpose of AA if it cant kill CAS?

But I would agree on a more skilled AA system (like Blowpipe) in order to kill CAS.

-Handheld AA guided
-Stationary AA or AAV fire&forget
Yeah sure first someone needs to find AA (now how can you find him if he didn't shot?), second you need to get close to him or find a good position to shoot him. Third AAV usually is hiding somewhere so it's hard to spot him and usually he is waiting close to your main or next to enemy tanks,inf. To operate a cas squad you need to have 2 pilots commander, spoter, lat and one guy that's looking for AAs. And even if you have them there will be always one guy camping in the bush. Even when you have all this you wait 20mins for CAS another 5 min is spoter looking for safe target and then you need to reaload for like 2 min. So you will have like 3-6 runs before rounds ends or you die by camping AA next to your main or behind lines.

Guided AAs are too OP, With blowpipe you can snipe helis from 800m if you are good, and from 400m it's easy. Stormer it's just stupidly OP. On Xiangshan if someone shoots AA and you didn't preflared you are dead (Even if rocket hits your flares that are 20m away, you will not make it to main)
Menuen is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, dogfighting, flares, jets, missles