project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
20 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2017, 01:24 PM   #21
DogACTUAL

Default Re: AA missiles after lastest update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
I am starting to get the feeling viirus is some fat overweight finnish kid.
Did you just fat shame him?! Reeeeeeee!!! But seriously, i don't think that's actually him in his profile pic.

Instead of attacking the messenger, can you actually say anything about his argument?
Because i think he has a point.
Last edited by DogACTUAL; 08-07-2017 at 01:30 PM..
Old 08-07-2017, 02:09 PM   #22
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
Did you just fat shame him?! Reeeeeeee!!! But seriously, i don't think that's actually him in his profile pic.

Instead of attacking the messenger, can you actually say anything about his argument?
Never mind the fact that its been said twice already that it the devs are still working on AA...

FFG is online now Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 02:50 PM   #23
DogACTUAL

And i can already guess that after the 'fix', the AA missiles will still be way more effective than they were before the update.

It always goes like this:

-Introduce new update that is completely unbalanced (that either wasn't even properly tested on how it will affect balance, or deliberately released despite of that).

-Wait for outrage.

-Introduce new update that 'fixes' things to appease the critics, but is actually still unbalanced, just not as much as before.

The result is that you still introduced an unbalance to the game.
Wether this is all an intentional strategy to push certain changes to the game meta i don't know. Probably not.

But with all the things that happened to CAS over the years, that made CAS less and less effective, this seems like another step in that direction, which is suspicious imo.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:55 PM   #24
[R-CON]UTurista
PR:BF2 Contributor
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
And i can already guess that after the 'fix', the AA missiles will still be way more effective than they were before the update.
What?? You're saying that after the fix, players will be able to defend themselves against CAS?

Dont question the wikipedia! Just because it reports different things on different languages does not make it unreliable source!
[R-CON]UTurista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:12 PM   #25
Rabbit

Quote:

I mean the fact that they are actually heading toward a target rather than just fucking off and teamkilling someone on the other side of the map is a big win to me.

Rabbit is online now Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:01 PM   #26
PacD

There is only one problem with AA missiles right now - 100000 m splash damage. Just reduce it and and it's gonna be alright, TY.
PacD is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:38 AM   #27
DogACTUAL

Splash should still be at authentic levels, i don't want to see splash that is as ridiculously tiny as in mainstream military games.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:00 AM   #28
fecht_niko
Banned

It isnt realistic to hover over AAs and pop some flares so you can shoot everything...

If the AA is lazed or you shoot him first its fine but otherwise it should always be AA > CAS or what is the purpose of AAs otherwise? Obviously not an immersive milsim sound...
fecht_niko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:15 AM   #29
inb4banned

Quote:
Do you not understand that AA was broken before this? You seem to love CAS so much you don't see the other side at all, when AA went for flares it rarely exploded, it mostly redirected into nothing and did jack shit. All they did now was fix that.
inb4banned is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:42 AM   #30
[R-DEV]AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Moderator

AA was literally random before, it was all about if the missile was very close to the flare/jet in the same tick, at 4 ticks per second. DICE never intended missiles to be that fast.

The change was an assembly change, no one could tell the results of it. Seeing how it properly blows up when next to flares 99% of the time now is a great achievement and means its actually working. We didn't expect the change to work that well. It working so well that it achieved the opposite effect with the current settings, causing flares to just increase the your trigger radius, even though these were adjusted as well.

Missiles and flares now need to be adjusted now that flares literally work. This work is in progress.
[R-DEV]AlonTavor is online now Reply With Quote

Tags
lastest, missiles, update