project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
23 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2017, 06:15 PM   #201
CAS_ual_TY
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: AA missiles after 1.4.17

3 Things that could be done for now, in my opinion, which would already increase this situation a lot:

- Fix missiles exploding on flares. Yes I am aware that this might be hardcoded and impossible to fix. This fix alone would already make a huge difference in terms of survivability.

- Make it impossible to lock a jet that is literally directly behind a flare -> Missile should go for the flare in this case (unless the flare was popped after the missile fire, that is something to discuss still).

- Nerf Air-to-Air missiles to make dogfights more interesting. One way would be increasing the time it takes to lock, as a jet. If the warning pops up after 1 second and the lock takes 2.5 seconds (or longer; also with long range missiles), it would already make dogfights more interesting and change things to be more gun focused.

In my opinion, if you are able to implement these 3 points, we would have a really good base to work with and further tweak AA and give feedback.

You could call this a nerf, but Ground-to-Air doesnt get nerfed here, really. Except for that redirek bug of course. These changes would shift CAS more back into a skill based environment, which I think everyone would like to see.

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 04:26 AM   #202
DogACTUAL

Wouldn't the best balance be achieved by making sure the missile almost always goes to the closest heat source (unless the vehicle was locked)?

So CAS attacking a position with AA will most likely be shot down (even when preflaring) and a good AA operator will make sure to quickly spot and shoot the incoming CAS before it turns away, therefore there would be a skill element to AA again.

But CAS flying away from the AA and preflaring properly will be very safe in turn. If the CAS itself was locked while flying away there should be a decent chance of the missile ignoring any subsequently deployed flares, even as closest heat object, though.

This would depend on finding a solution to the unreliable nature of the flares and missiles right now and make them behave predictively.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:31 AM   #203
DogACTUAL

WATCH CLOSELY:

Is this proportional navigation?! Really looks like it the way the missile aligns itself towards the target.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 02:17 PM   #204
Danesh_italiano
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Sooooo... when everything will be back to 1.3.9 less missile spam?!?!??!

So sei que nada sei.
Danesh_italiano is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 04:17 PM   #205
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danesh_italiano View Post
Sooooo... when everything will be back to 1.3.9 less missile spam?!?!??!
We have an ongoing issue for AA atm trying to figure it out. which you, yourself you can see.

FFG is online now Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 05:35 AM   #206
Jacksonez__

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
WATCH CLOSELY:

Is this proportional navigation?! Really looks like it the way the missile aligns itself towards the target.
Looks like the missile blew up on flare AND got re-directed to the jet

Jacksonez__ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 11:50 AM   #207
[R-CON]Fastjack
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonez__ View Post
Looks like the missile blew up on flare AND got re-directed to the jet
Exactly that's the thing.

I really asking me why we can see here in the clip 2 Damagesources.
I would say lets remove the Direct-Hit damage from the missiles and look if the missile can still kill secondary targets.

I would also like to know how many Damage both jets getting when this Bug occurs.
The explosion damage is higher as the direct hit damage but i dont know how many damage get lost over distance for radial damage but atleast the secondary damage would bring more light into that drama.

The Starstreak uses this tweak to blow up the missile when its close to an airvehicle.
ObjectTemplate.detonation.radiusDetonateWithAirVeh icles

Why the other AA missiles doesn't use this codeline? Generally, both kind of missiles explode at a distance to it's target.
Last edited by [R-CON]Fastjack; 12-28-2017 at 12:04 PM..

Tags
lastest, missiles, update