project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
17 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2017, 04:31 PM   #101
[R-CON]UTurista
PR:BF2 Contributor
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

[R-CON]UTurista's Avatar
Default Re: AA missiles after 1.4.17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
Most if not all AAVs in PR have a minimum of 4 missiles. If 3 out of 4 miss then 1 hits which gives AAVs a 100% chance to destroy an aircraft every time they have a full clip.
John has a perfect dice.
John knows that when he rolls it, each side has a change of 1 in 6 to be on top.
John then proceeds to roll the dice 5 times and in those times he got all numbers except 3.
John now says:
- "Oh boy, the next number can only be 3, cause its the one missing!"
John was wrong and lost his wife, kids and house.

Don't be like John, learn the difference between independent events.


Dont question the wikipedia! Just because it reports different things on different languages does not make it unreliable source!
[R-CON]UTurista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:34 PM   #102
PatrickLA_CA

PatrickLA_CA's Avatar
Default Re: AA missiles after 1.4.17

I know how chances work, the reply was intended to the guy who said that it works as intended when someone posted a video of every target taken down by an AAV with the 3rd or 4th missile fired. Jesus

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:44 PM   #103
[R-DEV]AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Moderator
Default Re: AA missiles after 1.4.17

Yes, It works as intended when an heavily limited vehicle with no self-defense (Avenger is bullshit strong, I'll give you that.) with one very specific role that can only target air units and require 2 crewman to operate effectively can kill Air Vehicles that are not aiming at it.

AAVs should have always 100% chance to kill a diving jet that is unaware of it. They are limited, numbered, and easy to spot. If you dive the AAV, I guarantee that you'll be immune to its missiles.

The only thing needing changes if anything are stationary AAs and MANPADs.
[R-DEV]AlonTavor is online now Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:46 PM   #104
fecht_niko
Banned
Default Re: AA missiles after 1.4.17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
I know how chances work, the reply was intended to the guy who said that it works as intended when someone posted a video of every target taken down by an AAV with the 3rd or 4th missile fired. Jesus
Pro tip for you because you don't seem to be very smart:

Don't fly over AAV.
fecht_niko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:47 PM   #105
SWAT-
Default Re: AA missiles after 1.4.17

You're all getting carried away.
Back to the basics :

Step 1 : Lock flares and not jet, wait for "SHOOT" animation message
Step 2 : Proceed to click, missile goes for flare
Step 3 : Click again, missile goes for jet while still locking the flare
Step 4 : Gg you just killed the asset you didn't lock at all

Conclusion : It is broken, if it locks the flare and says "SHOOT" then whenever you shoot it should go for the locked flare and not the jet.
SWAT- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:03 PM   #106
[R-DEV]AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Moderator
Default Re: AA missiles after 1.4.17

That's not how AA works. The interface you see is predicted and is 90% bullshit when there are more than a couple of flares in front of you. It doesn't work, it never works, all it does is tell you that you've waited enough time for the missile to launch in "locked" mode.

Welcome to DICE games.
[R-DEV]AlonTavor is online now Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:57 PM   #107
PatrickLA_CA

PatrickLA_CA's Avatar
Default Re: AA missiles after 1.4.17

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AlonTavor View Post
Yes, It works as intended when an heavily limited vehicle with no self-defense (Avenger is bullshit strong, I'll give you that.) with one very specific role that can only target air units and require 2 crewman to operate effectively can kill Air Vehicles that are not aiming at it.

AAVs should have always 100% chance to kill a diving jet that is unaware of it. They are limited, numbered, and easy to spot. If you dive the AAV, I guarantee that you'll be immune to its missiles.

The only thing needing changes if anything are stationary AAs and MANPADs.
Well if we're going the way it should be IRL then give Apaches the ability to lock on any ground asset on the map after only exposing the Longbow radar for 3 seconds above a hill and we'll call it fair.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:26 AM   #108
fecht_niko
Banned
Default Re: AA missiles after 1.4.17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
Well if we're going the way it should be IRL then give Apaches the ability to lock on any ground asset on the map after only exposing the Longbow radar for 3 seconds above a hill and we'll call it fair.
LOL don't come with IRL. It's a game limited by its engine.
FYI AA IRL is pretty strong too and will kill any cas chopper when he leaves dod
fecht_niko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:57 AM   #109
SWAT-
Default Re: AA missiles after 1.4.17

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AlonTavor View Post
That's not how AA works. The interface you see is predicted and is 90% bullshit when there are more than a couple of flares in front of you. It doesn't work, it never works, all it does is tell you that you've waited enough time for the missile to launch in "locked" mode.

Welcome to DICE games.
Didn't know, thanks for the clarification.
Well since flares seem to work (even if you get locked by this "impossible missile" there is still a way to dodge it), how about we increase their amount?

By the way is the testing team still opened for testers? I'd love to test those things with more people focussed on the same problem rather than doing this.
SWAT- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:00 AM   #110
viirusiiseli

viirusiiseli's Avatar
Default Re: AA missiles after 1.4.17

ITT:

Everyone that flies CAS: "CAS/AA is broken, can't perform decently with it."

Everyone that doesn't do CAS: "CAS/AA is fine, balanced and how it should be, get over it. CAS is supposed to just die."

Repeat x times.

I would advise the people who don't play CAS to go out of their comfort zone and try it. Just so you see what you're talking about.

If you only see through the eyes of infantry you can't really give balanced feedback. People who play CAS probably have a more evened out view on things because they've played on both sides of the issue.

Having played since 0.874 I can safely say these are the worst patches to use CAS in, and there has been some pretty terrible patches before. You used to always get some degree of effectiveness before, now, not so much.

In helis, and jets the updated speed, and physics respectively, are also a big part of the problem.

"AI in AA is more dangerous as a human player on Deployment"
"Has it ever crossed your mind that you got outplayed? Isn't being BAD an option?"
"cas impacted the game bigly"
viirusiiseli is online now
Last edited by viirusiiseli; 12-08-2017 at 09:06 AM..
Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
lastest, missiles, update
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:36 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2015, Project Reality.