project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
23 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2017, 06:22 AM   #41
viirusiiseli
Banned
Default Re: Why is CAS getting nerfed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
Which is exactly what I said. So where is the lie you're accusing me of, Viirus?
You tryna say ground AAs were shit because I didn't die to any of them. Also all the other alternative facts you presented
viirusiiseli is offline
Old 07-14-2017, 07:33 AM   #42
Frontliner
Project Reality Beta Tester
Default Re: Why is CAS getting nerfed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viirusiiseli View Post
You tryna say ground AAs were shit
Even if I were wrong on that(doubtful, many CASers agreed to that notion) that would still be an opinion.

Quote:
because I didn't die to any of them.
I said it was from memory. After 1.5 years, do you expect me to accurately remember everything?
If you say you died to ground AA once, ok, I guess you died once then. You see me debating your recollection anywhere? Not at all.

Quote:
Also all the other alternative facts you presented
Then please provide. I read through your posts again and except for that one mention of 0.98
Quote:
Originally Posted by viirusiiseli View Post
Funny you mention that, 0.98 and before the SU-30 (only 2seat aircraft along with tornado at the time) had a massive killradius for the kedge missiles, like 30 meters. Tornado was shit but oh well. They only removed it in I think 1.0 and then made the new change that added killradius. I haven't even been able to test it because maps that have 2seaters are very few and never played xD
until I made my post it's at best ambigous. I personally would not say "previously", if I were to talk about 0.98, can't force you to do the same though. But unless you want everybody to misunderstand you, I would argue you should tell us what version it is you're talking about when talking about previous versions. Nobody else got the vibe that you were talking about 0.98 either.

"context"

ArkUTD: Do note this issue was resolved by the admin team and mats, thus this was closed
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: that's like 5% holocaust there
Frontliner is offline
Old 07-14-2017, 09:54 AM   #43
DesertFox284
PR Server License Moderator
Default Re: Why is CAS getting nerfed?

Ground to air missiles are fine as it is right now. If they were easier to defeat, cas would rape more, if they were harder to defeat, cas would suck.

I didn't fly cas before 1.0 and let me tell you, it's so ridiculously easy to destroy ground targets.
When you have proper intel on enemy anti air locations, manage your flares well enough and go for lazes instead of trying to bomb every single thing without a laze, you will survive 90% of the time.

If there is a laze on enemy anti air I (and anyone else with at least a couple of brain cells) will destroy that anti air before it even gets to fire off a shot. If there is too much enemy anti air in/around target area I will not even try to bomb it, and if I do I'm basically risking my asset. In that sense, current AA makes a perfect deterrent while not being too op.

I don't get all this whining, I love flying CAS because it's challenging. I don't wanna be able to just murder everything on the map with no threat whatsoever.
DesertFox284 is offline
Old 07-14-2017, 02:36 PM   #44
DogACTUAL

DogACTUAL's Avatar
Default Re: Why is CAS getting nerfed?

-DEV gets rekt multiple times by CAS player with 30+ kills 'hmm... seems like CAS is still too OP'

-ignores that the CAS player is top tier and basically trains CAS every day, by now knows every quirk of the engine inside out, knows exactly how flares and AA behave (no, i am not talking about me, don't claim i am trying to glorify myself)

-ignores that the opposing team is completely useless, doesn't know how to utilize AA and runs out in the open

-ignores that CAS is working together with good spotters and getting loads of intel

-then goes and buffs AA, makes preflaring borderline useless and removes all splash from guns.

-doesn't realize that there are tons of guys out there that want to learn how to fly CAS but are to afraid to fuck it up since CAS is already so difficult to begin with.

-makes CAS even more difficult for them and scares them away

-bases his assumptions about CAS being too OP on the few people who actually fly CAS regulary and who despite all the added difficulty still continue to find ways to do well in CAS.

-rinse and repeat

That's basically what happened to CAS the last few years. You may not be concerned, but if this trend continues CAS will soon become completely useless.

Think i am exaggerating? Look at what they did to shotguns, SMGs/PDWs and pistols a while back. Of course they had to correct that since the majority plays infantry, but CAS players are a minority in PR, so they can be easily ignored without consequences.
DogACTUAL is offline
Old 07-14-2017, 03:17 PM   #45
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

FFG's Avatar
Default Re: Why is CAS getting nerfed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
-snip-
Nah, that rate of fire nerf to AA was nothing my dood. Didn't do anything except stop this shit.



Yeah, nothing but nerfs to CAS xD

FFG is online now
Old 07-14-2017, 03:41 PM   #46
viirusiiseli
Banned
Default Re: Why is CAS getting nerfed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox284 View Post
Ground to air missiles are fine as it is right now.
Are you talking about jets, helis or both

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
-DEV gets rekt multiple times by CAS player with 30+ kills 'hmm... seems like CAS is still too OP'

-ignores that the CAS player is top tier and basically trains CAS every day, by now knows every quirk of the engine inside out, knows exactly how flares and AA behave (no, i am not talking about me, don't claim i am trying to glorify myself)

-ignores that the opposing team is completely useless, doesn't know how to utilize AA and runs out in the open

-ignores that CAS is working together with good spotters and getting loads of intel

-then goes and buffs AA, makes preflaring borderline useless and removes all splash from guns.

-doesn't realize that there are tons of guys out there that want to learn how to fly CAS but are to afraid to fuck it up since CAS is already so difficult to begin with.

-makes CAS even more difficult for them and scares them away

-bases his assumptions about CAS being too OP on the few people who actually fly CAS regulary and who despite all the added difficulty still continue to find ways to do well in CAS.

-rinse and repeat

That's basically what happened to CAS the last few years. You may not be concerned, but if this trend continues CAS will soon become completely useless.

Think i am exaggerating? Look at what they did to shotguns, SMGs/PDWs and pistols a while back. Of course they had to correct that since the majority plays infantry, but CAS players are a minority in PR, so they can be easily ignored without consequences.
This. For all the silly stuff you post dogactual you sometimes seem to find the light.

DEV thinks CAS is way too good because good players use it and nerf it, thinking it will make CAS balanced.

In reality, newbies and regular CAS players cannot get anything done while better players simply move on to other assets like ground that aren't utter bull.

In 0.98 patch and before, the game used to reward really skilled players with good tactics with a lot of results like killing the enemy team and making your team win. If your tactics and skills were solid, most of the time you would do well and succeed. In my opinion, that is exactly the way a game should be.

After 1.0 and especially after 1.2 at a faster rate, changes were made that result in skilled players being punished for being too good. Even with flawless tactics and great skill, you are punished by the game because the opposite assets for CAS are much stronger and easier to use.

A lot of work goes into flying CAS really well, it's definitely not an easy thing to learn, which is why there has been such a limited number of players that are good at it.

If CAS was so damn easy, why isn't there 50 good CAS crews instead of the 3 right now?

You do all that work and put the time in to get good. Then some DEV decides that just because someone on the enemy team isn't bothering to even learn how to use AA properly, CAS should be nerfed because its doing too well against less ambitious people.

The assets and weapons are there, all that needs to happen is players start learning how to use them more effectively. Same way CAS uses UAV and spotters to win, infantry needs to use several means of AA to increase chance of killing CAS.

It can simply be shortened to: infantry needs to git gud if they want to play against good players in assets, instead of being constantly offered consolation prizes for being bad, until they can survive.
viirusiiseli is offline
Last edited by viirusiiseli; 07-14-2017 at 04:09 PM..
Old 07-14-2017, 04:25 PM   #47
fecht_niko
Banned
Default Re: Why is CAS getting nerfed?

Virus do you remeber the time (~1.2xxx ) where you could just hover above everything while flaring and 99% of all AAs flew into nowhere?
No AA became better but is still random shit.
I prefer a guided HAT to kill choppers over any AA.

CAS should fear AAs and not just fly by and pop some flares.

The best solution would be to change the AA sytem completely and give it some skill to kill CAS
fecht_niko is offline
Old 07-14-2017, 04:33 PM   #48
viirusiiseli
Banned
Default Re: Why is CAS getting nerfed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecht_niko View Post
Virus do you remeber the time (~1.2xxx ) where you could just hover above everything while flaring and 99% of all AAs flew into nowhere?
No AA became better but is still random shit.
I prefer a guided HAT to kill choppers over any AA.

CAS should fear AAs and not just fly by and pop some flares.

The best solution would be to change the AA sytem completely and give it some skill to kill CAS
Even with useless AA cas still had to watch out for HAT, LAT, APC, TANK, enemy CAS. What does a single person with MANPAD, near enemy main have to watch out for? The scales are now clearly tipped in favour of lonewolf AA with no range limitation and easy 1hk.
viirusiiseli is offline
Old 07-14-2017, 08:22 PM   #49
Buschpilot453
Supporting Member
Default Re: Why is CAS getting nerfed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viirusiiseli View Post
If CAS was so damn easy, why isn't there 50 good CAS crews instead of the 3 right now?

100 players on the server and 6 people are able to be part of CAS. Its the same 6 every fucking round because they do nothing else but CAS.
Tell me how are we supposed to be a "good CAS crew" when there is no way to even try?
Racking kills in CAS is not hard at all.





Buschpilot453 is offline
Old 07-15-2017, 04:55 AM   #50
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

[R-DEV]Mats391's Avatar
Default Re: Why is CAS getting nerfed?

This is getting nowhere.


Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
[R-DEV]Mats391 is offline
Closed Thread


Tags
cas, nerfed, systematically
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:59 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2015, Project Reality.