project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
24 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2017, 07:42 PM   #11
viirusiiseli
Banned
Default re: Why is CAS getting nerfed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidfire93 View Post

real life physics =/= working solution for gameplay on an old game

How many times does this need to be repeated on these forums

irrelevant whether you were serious or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecht_niko View Post
You are right about the splash of bombs and the retarded gunrun.
But I think that the biggest problem is that no one is lazing.

On the other hand the AA system is still broken with the most random logs I've ever seen.
Sometimes you get a kill with each rocket sometimes the whole team is using all AA possibilities and doesn't hit shit.

If devs fix the AA finally they can make CAS op again

PS: stop whining asset whore virus
Going for lasers gets you killed easily too, manpad has no range limitation at 600m like it used to, meaning the weakest of them all IRL is one of the best ways to kill a jet. A failure to make gameplay mechanics work close to real life, due to someone just wanting to nerf cas.

AA system... I don't even know where to start. I'll just say it doesn't work and someone needs to pull out their toolkit and work on it some more.
Old 07-12-2017, 01:22 AM   #12
QuickLoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by viirusiiseli View Post
real life physics =/= working solution for gameplay on an old game

How many times does this need to be repeated on these forums

irrelevant whether you were serious or not

Going for lasers gets you killed easily too, manpad has no range limitation at 600m like it used to, meaning the weakest of them all IRL is one of the best ways to kill a jet. A failure to make gameplay mechanics work close to real life, due to someone just wanting to nerf cas.

AA system... I don't even know where to start. I'll just say it doesn't work and someone needs to pull out their toolkit and work on it some more.
viirus might have a point here because I remember locking jets and being locked only when the sources were visible.
this isn't the case anymore as I can lock people waaaaay out of view distance(1300m with avenger) meaning that CAS will have a tough time if they can't get me out of the way.

although this might be working as intended, as the AAV's act as deterrance and keep a 1300m buffer zone of no-fly around the tanks, infantry, apcs, whatever. in turn the apces tanks infantry keep the aav safe, which is again promoting teamwork which means it's working as intended.. right?

anyways, I don't fly CAS jets, but to me that sounds like it's really annoying to be locked far far far out of view distance, but again I don't know enough to give any concrete.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:46 AM   #13
Singh408

yea bring some more variety to cas and put tornado on at least 1 bright map so we can use it effectively.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:36 AM   #14
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickLoad View Post
although this might be working as intended, as the AAV's act as deterrance and keep a 1300m buffer zone of no-fly around the tanks, infantry, apcs, whatever. in turn the apces tanks infantry keep the aav safe, which is again promoting teamwork which means it's working as intended.. right?
If you solely play infantry, it would easily seem that it is working as intended, and I don't blame you for thinking that. But, as its a combined arms game, you should try to have some perspective on what the other end looks like.

Think about it like this; if a single AAV, AA emplacement or a MANPAD is able to create a 1300m no-fly zone on a 4km map, what is there to do with a jet when the fight is concentrated on that 1300m circle? Now think about it what happens when the number of AAs simply rises to 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickLoad View Post
anyways, I don't fly CAS jets, but to me that sounds like it's really annoying to be locked far far far out of view distance, but again I don't know enough to give any concrete.
You're right, it is extremely annoying to be locked beyond vd, which happens now more, because AA has longer lock limits and manpads lock when not sighted in. It causes you to either waste a bunch of flares on no missile, or gamble the lock without flaring incase its coming BVR.

It's not limited to only locking now, though, AAs can easily be fired at extremely long ranges which means you get killed BVR in jets a lot more now than what you did before.

You might go for a run, flare, go away. While doing this a lucky manpad locks you, fires and you don't get the lock for a good 5 seconds after leaving the area, so you stop flaring and get hit out of nowhere several seconds after the run is over, when the missile finally catches up to you.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:48 AM   #15
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

Have you tried flying in the latest patch? Since all AA got a nerf? AAVs had a RPM of 900 or something crazy like that.

Was in a dogfight the other day, 1 v 3 and survived 18 AA missiles launched at me in a fight. I haven't had enough rounds smashing shit on the ground yet to form a full opinion post RPM nerf. But from the jets I've flown on Silent and Hades. It feels nice.

What should kill CAS isn't a single AA, but the threat of having AAVs and AA emplacements blanketing troops.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:05 AM   #16
DogACTUAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by viirusiiseli View Post
You might go for a run, flare, go away. While doing this a lucky manpad locks you, fires and you don't get the lock for a good 5 seconds after leaving the area, so you stop flaring and get hit out of nowhere several seconds after the run is over, when the missile finally catches up to you.
Exactly this has happened to me 10x more often after they buffed the AA missiles a few months ago. Before, something like this used to be a freak event when preflaring, now it happens quite often.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:29 AM   #17
inb4banned

So what the fuck is the point of AA if you can still fly above it as long as you spam flares before?
Old 07-12-2017, 09:57 AM   #18
Roque_THE_GAMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by inb4banned View Post
So what the fuck is the point of AA if you can still fly above it as long as you spam flares before?
Go back to base and re-arm those flares and being out of action? also, we have manual guided AAs in some AAVs.

Virus talked about the nerf to armor and i can agree, being mailing a Armor player and the best gunner in the game () i see they doing it for so long that makes more and more far from the armor gameplay and even PR, the overheat system in general is a terrible excuse, and when they add new APCs they seem to have their overheat increased and poor accuracy.
But what really kills me in their excuse for realism when they nerf accuracy making the recoil of all weapons high and the turret slower, they did rolled back but it does still feel it, back in 1.0 we could snap our turrets really quick, get accurate shoots and have really good mouse to screen fell and now all feel heavy and painful to aim i cant even trust on my aim anymore.
I would agree with the recoil and turret nerf being realistic if they bring Fire control system so we could fire and move at the same time but the obviously only look one side with bad intentions even if the most common sense thing to do is if you cant do one don't do another.

Also, i do play with CAS some times and i can agree being a gunner i never use my cannon, only if is another chopper, i only go for the hellfire to destroy assets and emplacements, infantry i also try even if i have to hit they in the head with it but never use my cannon on infantry and even less on armor.

Sorry i cant into English...
Old 07-12-2017, 12:37 PM   #19
fecht_niko
Banned

You cant say that assets got nerfed... Tanks have never been so powerfull than after the ATGM patch.
APCs are still good enough to get 20+ kills

The only thing that might be nerfed is CAS but the main problem is AA vs CAS.

Realism argument: AA would kill CAS beyond 6km in 80% of the cases
Gameplay argument: CAS should not fly or even hover over AAs

But PR isnt a milsim game (it isnt) so for the sake of gameplay (novirustears)it would be good to give AA a radius of 900-1000m with 50% hit chance if flaring. CAS pilots would stop going full retard for AAs and you wouldnt get shot down BVR.
Old 07-12-2017, 03:46 PM   #20
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecht_niko View Post
You cant say that assets got nerfed... Tanks have never been so powerfull than after the ATGM patch.
APCs are still good enough to get 20+ kills
Armor did get nerfed, that 1 change doesn't overwrite everything else.

Answer isnt shitty turrets and high overheat rates because devs made front armor realistic.

Answer is to fix turrets and high overheat rates but instead increase number of HATs to 2 while removing 1-3 LATs or something similar. And ofc to make hats less shit
Closed Thread

Tags
cas, nerfed, systematically