project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
24 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2017, 07:52 AM   #151
Singh408
Default Re: Attack helis physics, flares and missiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
What maps? Only one I can think of was Burger sands.
what maps?? shijia, beirut, vadso, wandashan, black gold std, silent eagle alt I can go more
Singh408 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:24 AM   #152
QuickLoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by viirusiiseli View Post
I will probably just make a video showcasing this, I know it can sound like butthurt whining coming from a pilot to people who don't fly that much or at all. From the video at least it should be quite easy to see.

It actually takes a really long time to RTB etc, with already longer reload times it's a waste of time right now with CAS helis.
actually very true, now theres even less reason to be hunting and roaming for targets as your time and ammunition would be better spent going for prioity targets or assisting priority teamates since you have so little time on station. i gotta say the belt fed cannons and MG's take awhile to bingo though.
QuickLoad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:23 AM   #153
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh408 View Post
what maps?? shijia, beirut, vadso, wandashan, black gold std, silent eagle alt I can go more
BG still has hind on std though.

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:44 PM   #154
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
What maps? Only one I can think of was Burger sands.
  • Bijar Alt: 2 heli > 1 heli
  • Black Gold Alt: SU39 vs Fantan > Hind-F vs Zhi-9 HJ8, Zhi-9 rockets
  • Black Gold Std or Lrg: Mi28 and Z10 removed, replaced with Hind-E, Zhi-9 guns
  • Burning sands long ago used to have 2 attack helis iirc, but that was years back when alt had 2 gazelles facing apache
  • Karbala: 2 kiowas > 1
  • Kashan Alt: 2 attack heli+1 light > 1 attack 1 light
  • Khami Lrg: hind removed
  • Lashkar AAS Alt: Tiger added, removed again
  • Saaremaa Lrg: Hind removed
  • Sbeneh: Hind removed
  • Shijia: All cas removed
  • Vadso: Mi28 > Hind-F
  • Wanda Shan: Z10 vs Tiger > Zhi-9 rockets, no tiger

It's funny because most of these changes are entirely without good reason, most of those maps had attack helis because they fit in them. Some are just due to the removal of map layer diversity, because having 2 identical layers with different tickets is apparently more appealing.

As a side effect of this, admins have also almost entirely stopped setting any other layer than STD, because there isn't really that much difference in many maps between the layers.

There were also some added CAS helis, but I think the majority of maps or layers they were added on were quite unfitting. A few reasons: too many cas assets already, unfitting pick for the map, or not balanced.

For example Pavlovsk, hind facing harrier. Black gold would be better with jets only in 2 layers, std with 2 Fantan vs 2 SU39. Large with fighter bomber combo. Alt with either 2 Z10s facing 2 Mi28s or Z10 and Zhi9 HJ8 facing 2 Hind-Fs for example.

I think the only layers in AAS that the light helis should be put in is INF. Any other layer is so asset heavy they serve no use. Zhi-9 excluding HJ8, Kiowa, Griffon CAS, EC635, and maybe even Hind-E could see actual uses in infantry layers on larger maps, make them more interesting and even face other such helis in air combat.

Generally maps with jets and attack helis are worthless, because the heli is underpowered, it was like this already before the removal of AAs. The only good combo with jets and helis used to be Qinling: SU30+Z10 vs Tornado+AH64.

A lot of maps have too many CAS assets in them that are badly thought out. Khami's 3 vs 4 jets is silly, so is hades peak with the astounding 4 vs 4 jets in a small view distance map where actually doing CAS is entirely impossible.

Would be much better to have a simple max limit of 2 jets and max 3 helis per team in a map. Keeps it simple, balanced, and usually, doesn't result in infinite dogfighting. Instead CAS could be used for CAS.
Last edited by viirusiiseli; 06-13-2017 at 02:03 PM.. Reason: Legibility
Old 06-13-2017, 01:56 PM   #155
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by viirusiiseli View Post
Sbeneh hind removed
I actually speak for this one as I did it. I had to drop VD and render distance so far you could really notice statics popping in and out, I even seriously considered removing all choppers.

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
attack, flares, heli, helis, missile, missiles, physics, rate, turn