project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
23 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
Zoddom

Send a message via ICQ to Zoddom
Default Bleeding Helos

Hi, I just lost my chopper jsut because of a too hard landing. It had full life and didnt even smoke after landing. however it started bleeding and directly lost the power to start off again so we needed to abandon it and it blew up after some time.
Imo this is not realistic and not very productive, because when youre chopper is too damaged to take off, you should at least get the chance to repair it. but the bleeding effect prevented this because it just destroyed the chopper too fast to get repairs....

I think this has to be changed / tweaked.
please take a look

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Zoddom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:17 PM   #2
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member
Default Re: Bleeding Helos

How exactly did it happen? What chopper were you flying? Did you "jam" it into the ground?
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #3
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
ObjectTemplate.armor.hpLostWhileCriticalDamage 10
perhaps you would prefer the bleed to be much slower?

Very busy IRL at this time, do not be suprised if I don't reply to PMs for prolonged periods.
[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #4
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

IDF BH not a terribly hard landing (picking up my squad) Iron Eagle; shocked us all to see it was disabled.
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:19 PM   #5
Zoddom

@rudd.
yes that, and lower the HP level when it starts bleeding, cause it seems pretty high to me :/

Old 10-14-2011, 08:43 PM   #6
velocity
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via MSN to velocity Send a message via Skype™ to velocity

The only chopper i found to be a bit too hard on landing is the kiowa, that things wants to kill itself.
It's not too much of a problem but can kill the kiowa if its already damaged.

velocity is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:21 PM   #7
mockingbird0901
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity View Post
The only chopper i found to be a bit too hard on landing is the kiowa, that things wants to kill itself.
It's not too much of a problem but can kill the kiowa if its already damaged.
The reason why I only hover with that thing if it's burning. Blown up one to many times after making it back to base just becouse I wanted to land the thing.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
-Albert Einstein
Volens et potens
Tema567 just might be my new hero

mockingbird0901 is online now Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:23 PM   #8
Stealthgato

You have to land it softly like a butterfly landing on a sleeping kitten.

Stealthgato is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:59 AM   #9
Zoddom

the problem is, that its not that bad with the kiowa, because you dont have to land that often. If you fly a BH, like me yesterday, and have to land one time to pick a squad up, and land a second time to let them out again and theoretically ahve to land a third time back in mainbase, which was not possible in my case because after the second landing it started bleeding and was immobilized (even though it was not smoking?! !!!!!!). its kind of unfair for skilled pilots, because sometimes it just doesnt matter how soft you land cause when the terrain is slightly uneven, you jsut get damaged.
and btw i had the same problem with the cow yesterday on beirut, i strafed a tree when landing (the cow collision models seems a bit too big for me, making a new Bug thread i think) and the landing itself was a bit hard too, the heli started bleeding but at least i could make it back to carrier.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:15 AM   #10
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

The Blackhawk can be a pain in the ass to land. If you land it vertical, you'll most likely land on your nose, for some weird reason. Maybe that's what you did? To land smooth you'll have to come in low, and land it pretty much like an airplane.
About the Kiowa: Get yourselves a joystick, guys. I've never had any problems landing it with a joystick, because of the throttle-"wheel".
Last edited by saXoni; 09-22-2012 at 01:32 PM..

Tags
bleeding, helos