project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
31 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 09:28 AM   #1
Elektro

Default Winter maps

Astonishing work of art.

I haven't played that much so far but the falling snow is amazing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Elektro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:49 AM   #2
Gozjh

Default Re: Winter maps

woah, its more awesome than we expected. how is the frame rate with all the snow?

[R-DEV]Rudd: "its project reality...not an episode of bob the builder or something...."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gozjh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:02 AM   #3
dtacs
Supporting Member

More importantly, what is the gameplay like?
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
WeeD-KilleR
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

to Northern lights:

short: too less transport, need one or two aavs. And roads!

to Barentz Invasion:
this map is unplayable for my pc. it use to much GPU. CPU and RAM is fine.
WeeD-KilleR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:27 AM   #5
Elektro

Well I played the Barentz Invasion Skimrish which was a bit unbalanced for militia due to the British having scoped weapons.

I rage quited from Northern Lights due to the lack of teamwork on the server

Elektro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:34 PM   #6
splatters

Suprisingly I found Northern Lights a.k.a. winterwonderland to be my favourite map, had a good game there.

Barentz Invasion had major FPS issues with most players, FPS dropping below 20 at many locations on the map. It was thought to have something to do with the stationary blowing snow effects scattered around the map.

Good to have more snow maps finally!
splatters is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:23 PM   #7
Doc.Pock

i love them

[R-MOD]Spec: Actually, I did teamkill him last I remember... -on Rhino being a teamkiller.
=Romagnolo=: Becareful, it is addictive. -on me sig quoting.
Doc.Pock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:01 PM   #8
qubolo

at the beginning of the map i had about 30 fps then it dropped to 3 whitch is unplayable frame rate. so you guys really thing that those white balls falling from the sky are worth of players exiting at the beginning of the mach due tue unplayable frame rate?
qubolo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:03 PM   #9
dunem666

Send a message via MSN to dunem666 Send a message via Skype™ to dunem666

i hope to address the snow issue, and maybe have it sorted so more people can play. I could turn the snow down, but if any changes are to be made at this late stage, it will be removed permanently until a workable snow code is made.

Dun3m
UK Warfare Server Administrator

dunem666 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:28 PM   #10
Redamare
Supporting Member

Barentz Invasion has some MAJOR lag issues . . ontop of some servers dont have the best performance with every ones connection i couldnt play this map . . . i couldnt look straight for more then 2 seconds i couldnt switch to granade i couldnt Set fob i coudlnt function . . . . the only way i could be usefull is if i just marked stuff on the map from what people say over team chat . . . sadly its a cool map from what i saw but the performance issues destroyed my experience . . . Operation snowstorm was GREAT like always but i feel that northern lights was ..... tooo wide open , flags werent placed well. it isnt an INF map at all you could only have a fun time if you played with Armor only . . . . but overall its fine

Redamare is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
maps, winter