project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
21 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 12:35 PM   #21
Bob of Mage
Default Re: I love Yamalia!

If BMP-2s were added, wouldn't their ATGMs make things unfair yet again? To refix the balance the PR team would then need to add the LAV TOW Under Armour to the CF arsenal.

Note: If Wikipedia is anything to go by, in real life the Russians use BTRs and BMPs at a 2 to 1 ratio.
Bob of Mage is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:23 PM   #22
samogon100500

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Yes, due to performance issues. The long grass in the 'sea' (open areas) still remains.

Luda has a good point, the BMP-2 should either replace or supplement the 80A to balance it out.
Yeah some BMP-2 is much needed,but no sense to remove all BTR-80A.BMP-2 it's just madness killing machine.May be make non-spawnable them and give some at start round only.

Also - will be nice to see engineering MTLB(Standart MTLB with less zoom,supply crate and repair kit,like IDF vehicle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob of Mage View Post
If BMP-2s were added, wouldn't their ATGMs make things unfair yet again? To refix the balance the PR team would then need to add the LAV TOW Under Armour to the CF arsenal.

Note: If Wikipedia is anything to go by, in real life the Russians use BTRs and BMPs at a 2 to 1 ratio.
1)BMP-2 don't have thermal sight(Night vision and day scope),in forest it's very useful thing.
2)BMP-2 got wire-guided missiles(Thats why they must stop and wait 7-10 seconds before launch,like Bradley,also - BMP2M got laser guidet missile),but no sense to use it,because autocannon got 500-800rpm firerare(BTR-80A got 330),also no sense to use LAV TOW,because TOW wire-guidet too.
3)Canadian use guided HAT,Russian got RPG-7 with tandem warhead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by samogon100500; 02-25-2011 at 01:32 PM..
Old 02-25-2011, 09:13 PM   #23
Murphy

Yamalia is a great map all around, but the armor balance should stay pretty much as it is. The BTRs numbers give a coordinated team a huge advantage when used with a pack mentality, and the LAVs can easily handle a BTR one on one. In the end both sides APCs are best used against infantry and not against each other that's what HAT/LAT/TOWs are for, so there are plenty of tools at a teams disposal to kill an APC.

I feel this map is one of the more epic infantry maps, assaults are always brutal slugfests for ground and somehow defending is a nightmare at the same time. The foliage is spot on, and while the lack of grass makes crossing open fields a sure fire way to get capped, I always felt you shouldn't be crossing such an open death trap either way. There are so many places to hide even if you're lonewolfing you still stand a chance against a squad that's moving.

About the BMP-2 being used on this map......I think it's a terribad idea.

PS - TOWs + Yamalia =

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:12 AM   #24
[R-MOD]Jigsaw
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
How was that not noticed during testing?
We don't place a great emphasis on testing specific features of a map, especially if nothing has been intentionally changed.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
[R-MOD]Jigsaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:28 AM   #25
dtacs
Supporting Member

..so no run-through of the map took place at all?
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:29 AM   #26
[R-MOD]Jigsaw
Forum Moderator

That is the mappers' job.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
[R-MOD]Jigsaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:28 PM   #27
Silly_Savage

I personally thought it was intended to help boost performance on an otherwise laggy map, which it did obviously...

"Jafar, show me a sniper rifle." - Silly_Savage 2013
Silly_Savage is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:59 PM   #28
ytman

Yamalia is awesome. Nuff said.

On the subject of Armor assets... I love the tank layer. The fact that it is only one tank too makes it really nice.

I do think that the Russians deserve at least one ATGM type vehicle on this map. Their tandem, while a perfect fit for the more foresty regions of the map (but normally overkill), is woefully incompetent while engagine over the 'flats,' specifically since the LAV-3 get the nice thermal sensors.

This, in my opinion, would be one of the best maps for the AT-4 Spandrel BRDM. The vehicle really fits the map as a light Scout/AT tool, and has a hell of a lot to fear. Of course... any excuse to utilize the BMP-2... I'll take!
ytman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:55 PM   #29
General Dragosh

Send a message via MSN to General Dragosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by samogon100500 View Post
Also - will be nice to see engineering MTLB(Standart MTLB with less zoom,supply crate and repair kit,like IDF vehicle)
This would be the most awesome thing EVER !

you hear me, ever ! =D

Newly ordered sig !
General Dragosh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:37 PM   #30
ShockUnitBlack

I find the map to be rather... unnatural looking without grass. Sort of like being in middle of the Sierra Desert with a bunch of Christmas trees plunked around you. Still, great map.

ShockUnitBlack is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
love, yamalia