project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
25 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Select your performance issue
Server-side lag (your FPS and connection are ok, but you still experience lag when playing) 71 39.89%
Client-side lag (you have a low FPS when playing) 7 3.93%
Both (you experience both client and server lag when playing) 17 9.55%
Loading CTD (you always crash when loading the map) 12 6.74%
Few issues/no issues (you experience #1 or #2 but playable/you seem to be Chuck Norris) 71 39.89%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 07:41 AM   #1
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Arrow Wanda Shan 0.95 Feedback

I've set up a poll on performance. I would like to point out that the server-side lag may not be related to the map, but to one of the vehicles on the map, so I would appreciate performance feedback from all three AAS layers as well as Skirmish.

For those who have managed to play it, I would like to hear your thoughts on the gameplay, layers and the map in overall.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:28 AM   #2
Kain888
Supporting Member

Default Re: Wanda Shan 0.95 Feedback

Haven't manage to play a lot of it, because many people crash and servers avoid that map, but as far as tested it - it seems really unique in terms of gameplay and layout. Seems to be very good map, putting emphasis especially on APC transport is a win, sir.

I would like to see CnC mode on it.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:32 AM   #3
joethepro36

I've only ever had server-side lag. My FPS never drops too much on the map, I get worse on Fallujah. I have mainly noticed the server-lag when on foot, every so often it skips a little but tends to come in "clumps" of lag. So it's rubber-banding for about 30 seconds then okay again after for sometimes the rest of the game. This lag tends to occur when the battle is really going with a lot of assets around me, including gunships and armour operating in tandem.

One thing I noticed on release day was an incredible amount of server lag from within the Type-95 battle-tank. I'm not sure if it was the server itself having problems or the vehicle itself but it got to a point where we were getting a frame of gameplay every few seconds. I was gunning and driving on separate occasions when this occurred. If I was to guess as what caused it, I would say the server being overloaded on the day as I haven't experienced it since.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:43 AM   #4
Cossack
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Cossack

Well for me... Never got the CTD while playing this map. Have some FPS drop at building sites, but its playable. Terrain is good. You can take cover from enemy attack choppers, but the flag layout is kind hardcore...

A lot of action is at maps north or south side, but less in the middle. Its not using the whole potential of the map. The battle goes near the Russian first cap flag or, at Chinese first cap flag.

About performance - I have FPS drop at mostly all maps. The Wanda Shan is map witch I wanted to play more.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:21 PM   #5
Smiddey723

Send a message via MSN to Smiddey723 Send a message via Yahoo to Smiddey723

I have only ever played it once for about 10 minutes which is a shame because it looks like a fantastic map, the reason why i only played it for 10 mins was because of serverside lagg so they changed the map but i look forward to playing it when its fixed up properly

.:2p:.Smiddey
Old 10-28-2010, 01:41 PM   #6
Moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain888 View Post
Haven't manage to play a lot of it, because many people crash and servers avoid that map, but as far as tested it - it seems really unique in terms of gameplay and layout. Seems to be very good map, putting emphasis especially on APC transport is a win, sir.

I would like to see CnC mode on it.
This, plus as much as I played it I experienced no major issues maybe with a bit of lag while playing APC similar to Yamalia ones, not affecting gameplay overall.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:04 PM   #7
Sgt.BountyOrig

I appear to be chuck norris, I dont get lag and only crash when its a map/vehicle bug

[NO] Bounty
Old 10-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #8
Dougalachi

now that game feedback is open again, I'll say that I think the terrain for this map is not on the playability level as many other 4km maps. The terrain height changes are abrupt and often damage vehicles that drive over them at medium-high speed. Quinling is fairly hilly in my opinion, and I often experience little to no damage when driving over the terrain at medium-high speed. When playing on Wanda Shan, after getting close to the combat area, I often have to search out a supply truck and repair for ~1 or so due to terrain damage from driving. Staying on the roads, everything seems to be fine, but go ~20M or so offroad, and your vehicle gets torn up quickly.

Last edited by Dougalachi; 10-28-2010 at 03:11 PM..
Old 10-28-2010, 03:46 PM   #9
mat552

Pretty fun overall. The attack helicopters are a nice balance to what would otherwise be another forest armor map.

UAVs make the trees pitifully useless as cover though, not sure how that works into things.

Players might be hardcoded, but that sure doesn't seem to stop anybody from trying.

The only winning move is not to play. Insurgency, that is.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:51 PM   #10
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougalachi View Post
now that game feedback is open again, I'll say that I think the terrain for this map is not on the playability level as many other 4km maps. The terrain height changes are abrupt and often damage vehicles that drive over them at medium-high speed. Quinling is fairly hilly in my opinion, and I often experience little to no damage when driving over the terrain at medium-high speed. When playing on Wanda Shan, after getting close to the combat area, I often have to search out a supply truck and repair for ~1 or so due to terrain damage from driving. Staying on the roads, everything seems to be fine, but go ~20M or so offroad, and your vehicle gets torn up quickly.
If you're driving across the hills, that's intended, no forest racing for you.

Closed Thread

Tags
095, feedback, shan, wanda