project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
22 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Select your performance issue
Server-side lag (your FPS and connection are ok, but you still experience lag when playing) 71 39.89%
Client-side lag (you have a low FPS when playing) 7 3.93%
Both (you experience both client and server lag when playing) 17 9.55%
Loading CTD (you always crash when loading the map) 12 6.74%
Few issues/no issues (you experience #1 or #2 but playable/you seem to be Chuck Norris) 71 39.89%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 08:29 PM   #11
Spartan0189

Send a message via AIM to Spartan0189 Send a message via MSN to Spartan0189
Default Re: Wanda Shan 0.95 Feedback

I like it, I didn't see many problems with it, just a bit of lag at some parts, Overall, it's a great map.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:18 PM   #12
kingofthreads

I have only gotten to play the map twice, once for each side but I must say the map is quite awesome. The only big problem I have had is in the beginning of the round where for maybe a minute or 2 the map is so laggy you can't see straight. After that however the lag clears up for me most of the time and I play normally.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:46 AM   #13
Q2M100

I had to REALLY tone down my setting to play this map. I can't wait for Urzugan to come out as it is bigger, better, and doesn't lag like this P.o.S. Hope someone fixes it as I won't play it.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:22 AM   #14
Celestial1

Just has the Qinling sort of startup lag, which dissipates in a few minutes.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:26 AM   #15
dtacs
Supporting Member

• APC's take severe damage over terrain, in this screenshot our APC had gone down to below half health (from main to current loc) simply by driving over the incredibly jagged terrain, which can track vehicles when they are going full pelt down a road. I'm not sure if you used the random tool or something, but the terrain drastically needs to be smoothed out.
  • Change the materials of the ground, espcially grass and stone, or decrease the size of the hills. I flipped multiple trucks due to the steep and inhospitable terrain, and could never get traction even on the smallest of rises. One can understand forcing transport/logistic duties to APC's - which is a valid idea - however in practice firebases are incredibly hard to establish due to how rugged the whole map is.
  • Liking the central village idea and although I haven't had the chance to play the skirmish layer yet it looks to be a tough fight. However, nothing is more welcome than urban terrain and an increase in small houses/logging communities would make for some really interesting fighting, especially with thermals as they currently make life hell for infantry, especially in open terrain, even when operating with friendly vehicles for support.
Either way you've made a good map and it has great potential, but there are still alot of changes that need to be made in order to bring it up to 'staple' map standard.
Last edited by dtacs; 10-29-2010 at 03:26 AM..
Old 10-29-2010, 05:04 AM   #16
Mj Pain
Supporting Member

Can not comment much on gameplay as i haven?t played it enough yet.

On local i noticed a strange kind of lag that i don?t get on old and RAM hungry maps like RAMiel and Fallujah.

Something keeps reading the harddrive wich causes drops in fps every 10-15 sec.
Even when standing still fps can be on 80 and then freeze, drop to 50 and go back to 80.
Will try to find out what exactly is going on.

Btw.. what does Tr.exe (some new process that starts up with Pr.exe)do?

Old 10-29-2010, 05:08 AM   #17
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mj Pain View Post
Btw.. what does Tr.exe (some new process that starts up with Pr.exe)do?
Thermals and some other goodies from Mosquill

Old 10-29-2010, 09:12 AM   #18
rough77
Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to rough77 Send a message via Skype™ to rough77

concerning vehicles @ wanda-shan... it's really bad to not have transport choppers. the map is huge and it's super hard to just use APCs as transport vehicles.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10414675/New%20Era%20Warfare%20Signaturen/rough-signature.png
Old 10-29-2010, 09:16 AM   #19
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rough77 View Post
concerning vehicles @ wanda-shan... it's really bad to not have transport choppers. the map is huge and it's super hard to just use APCs as transport vehicles.
Although I'd like it to be the case that they should be transport vehicles, its the sad truth that APC's will always be first and foremost used as light tanks. The other problem is that there are no places for flying cows to land as the important areas for infantry to be dropped/crates needed are all in forested locales.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:53 AM   #20
Kain888
Supporting Member

I actually enjoy no trans choppers on this map. Makes it unique in standards of teamwork and PR overall.
Closed Thread

Tags
095, feedback, shan, wanda