project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
25 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 11:58 PM   #21
FoeShozy
Default Re: gary too strong on insurgency?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent/shooter View Post
well I don't know if thats bad.. it forces the BLUFOR to get a jump start and destroy Gary before he gets a chance to attack.
But in Fallujah, Gary spwans in like every other normal asset. Which is horrible for the Blufor there was no possible way for the to get ready because I was a tank gunner and the cannon wasn't even ready to shoot when Gary came down took out our tank all the APCs and 2 humvees, and all our logistic trucks we had 100 tickets in the first 5 minutes of the game!

I think we should just give gary maybe a 2 minute wait so the Marines have a little chance at owning the insurgence (BTW we lost that map horribly)
FoeShozy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:33 PM   #22
nathanator8811

So far, the best thing to do as the US on fallujah:

Man all vehicles and move them to extreme SW corner of map immediately, or have two competent guys with HATs waiting in main for the first inevitable truck rush. Do not leave main with the HATs, but have them up and ready. I think HATs and TOWs are about the only thing that kills it in one shot. Once the truck is dead at about 2-3 minutes in, you have about 11 minutes to go wild, then hunker down for the next round. Usually, the truck just tries to rush from ins main to US main or nearest armored vehicle and does so at about 12-15 minute cycles.
nathanator8811 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:00 PM   #23
Leeu
Banned

I agree with TristanYockell - nerfing has to stop (and should have 2 versions ago) - and clueless_noob.

What's gonna happen when a shockwave from 200kg? worth of high explosive hits you? It's going to bruise, burst and effectively liquefy all your soft tissue organs. Dead. No stupid epipen is going to get you up.
Leeu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:53 PM   #24
BadGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Jong ill View Post
So what you're saying is in real life it can't even knock the pole in the middle of the road, maybe 10 meters away but in PR it can destroy one of the most advanced armoured vehicles in the world from 30 meters away through a HESCO barrier.

Yep, that video sure does support the current implementation.
That camera post was no where near 10 meters, more like 200 meters so it can get a full view from the checkpoint. Ten meters is thirty feet or about almost as long as a backyard in a suburban neighborhood. And that blast radius in game is pretty realistic in damage/kinetic distribution.

To Topic:
Why nurf a faction that does not have bandages with their kits and rocks as sidearms with sub par guns that are not meant for the common medium range combat? They only rely on prespawn or respawnable and not acquirable Marksmen, AR and AT kits only and Their version of the PKM does not have a scope or visual zoom and I just don't worry about RPG's because Some reason the AOE that is commonly used to kill with most AT launchers is not existent, now I just shrug it off after it hits ten feet away from me and just keep running. People shoot at civilians all the time because later in the game they "start to piss me off" and even so very few actually help the team. They have trucks with guns and normal station wagon cars. You have Humvees that are stronger and LAV's with attack OH-6's. This is why you should deal with the 100 ton bomb on the semi truck and not whine about it the dude driving it dies anyway. People want equal chances of winning so those equal chances are given by start but the scale is tipped because some person was a genius and decided to do an old fashion Media Blitz news story.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by BadGuy; 03-18-2010 at 08:26 PM..
Old 03-17-2010, 09:34 PM   #25
ViktorMk

Gary isn't to strong, the explosion radius is realisitc. However, what isn't realistic is the fact it can survive a tank shell, both HEAT and AP. I'm pretty sure either of these will just disimate a truck. However i on several occasions survived the shot, and destroyed armour while they reloaded.

Also, on Fallujah i was inside the base. Protected by the base, while big dump took a dump outside the walls. I was not hurt, but these humvees infront of me farther from the radius then i was blew up. Which i though made no sence. Fixing these problems will be aweomse, and making it not respawn since the tank doesn't.
ViktorMk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:41 PM   #26
Drunkenup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktorMk View Post
Gary isn't to strong, the explosion radius is realisitc. However, what isn't realistic is the fact it can survive a tank shell, both HEAT and AP. I'm pretty sure either of these will just disimate a truck. However i on several occasions survived the shot, and destroyed armour while they reloaded.

Also, on Fallujah i was inside the base. Protected by the base, while big dump took a dump outside the walls. I was not hurt, but these humvees infront of me farther from the radius then i was blew up. Which i though made no sence. Fixing these problems will be aweomse, and making it not respawn since the tank doesn't.
The bomb truck is supposed to represent a 2 Mk 84 GP Bomb explosion. Mk 84s can produce a 50m blast radius and blow into 15in of steel. With the two bombs It seems that it would produce a powerful explosion within that range of 50m. The current blast radius is 125 Meters. Some may dictate that it should be 100 for a combined blast effect, but as it is, it is way to high. It can destroy armor, but not if its not point blank.

Its armor indeed needs fixing, it seems as if the collision mesh is non existent in some parts of the vehicle.
Drunkenup is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:19 AM   #27
freeway

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadGuy View Post
To Topic:
Why nurf a faction that does not have bandages with their kits and rocks as sidearms with sub par guns that are not meant for the common medium range combat? They only rely on prespawn or respawnable and not acquirable Marksmen, AR and AT kits only and Their version of the PKM does not have a scope or visual zoom and I just don't worry about RPG's because Some reason the AOE that is commonly used to kill with most AT launchers is not existent, now I just shrug it off after it hits ten feet away from me and just keep running. People shoot at civilians all the time because later in the game they "start to piss me off" and even so very few actually help the team. They have trucks with guns and normal station wagon cars. You have Humvees that are stronger and LAV's with attack OH-6's. This is why you should deal with the 100 ton bomb on the semi truck and not whine about it the dude driving it dies anyway. People want equal chances of winning so those equal chances are given by start but the scale is tipped because some person was a genius and decided to do an old fashion Media Blitz news story.
they wont stop wining , those armor fan boys who rush for tank and APCs when round starts they ll never satisfy ( who often get 30 - 40 some kills ), i think they forgot that they now could build FOB with a TOW and IEDs are like sh*t now ( dont talk about this pls i ll be sad ) . every patch comes out Insurgent side gets weaker weaker .
Dont you realize that nobody is complaining about al-basrah ? they have 1 tank 2 Scimitars and APCs , now what you say about this ? someday i will switch to bluforce side , they seem to have all the toys while insurgents have become practice targets for tanks , APCs , TOWs , HATs , Snipers , Choppers too

AKA AlexanderK-47
"The sniper is a very necessary person. He serves to remind us that we are war."
A .303 round at +2500 fps will remove a leg if it impacts the mid to lower thigh, thus resulting in death for most circumstances
No word of a lie ever since i downloaded this mod on January, i havent gone near the BF2 icon lol!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
freeway is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:17 PM   #28
hotfranc

i agree with that
hotfranc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #29
mosinmatt

Gary isnt all that powerful. I have seen an APC survive it on Ramiel.
Maybe instead of some jdams and all that. Why not jsut make it have fertilizer bombs? A ton of ANFO in the back maybe?
A properly used Gary will have a regular bomb car, or IED clown car behind it to blow up or lay IEDs incase it survives.
That is how we took out an APC, Gary tracked it, and we followed it and killed the driver and gunner when they jumped out.
Seriously...STOP NERFING THE INSURGENTS!
A properly played Blufor will still be able to decimate the INS.

Protip: Aim for the driver
mosinmatt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:21 PM   #30
mosinmatt

Double post.
Just had a tank on Al basrah survive a Gary blast.
Yea...it IS NOT too powerful.
mosinmatt is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
gary, insurgency, strong