project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
03 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 03:44 PM   #31
Pirate

Default Re: is Gaza incredibly lopsided towards hamas?

I've noticed a huge difference between servers that have a lot of Mumble users (RT and TG) and servers that don't (Hardcore insurgency). On the latter servers, IDF usually get massively owned due to lack of intersquad support whereas on the other servers, multiple infantry squads are usually pushing into the city with tanks and APC's covering them, slowly advancing towards the cache.
Pirate is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:56 PM   #32
[R-MOD]Jigsaw
Forum Moderator

I've always had very balanced rounds on this map, indeed I played it last night and whilst my particular squad were making it very difficult for the IDF getting into the city they were able to destroy several caches with heavy armour support. I left before the round ended but at that point we had 3 caches left and they had just over 115 deaths showing, which isn't terrible going at all.

As others have said I have barely seen any bomb car action on this map, although the potential is there. In my opinion it is balanced because whilst the IDF armour can steamroll through Hamas, when the IDF infantry come into the city it is very easy to give them a hard time, therefore requiring teamwork and creating balance.

I do however think that it is something of a folly to have a 1km map where roughly 40% is taken up by water. Yes it focusses the fighting considerably and makes rounds very very intense but its also quite spammy and not quite in-keeping with the other maps in PR. My only criticism.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
[R-MOD]Jigsaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #33
Hunt3r

Well the fact that there's water is nice, mostly because that means that it's more intense.

In general any deviation at all will increase spam, but you must remember that in reality, ammunition is cheap, but your life is not.
Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #34
[uBp]Irish

The issue I have with Gaze is mainly centered around the assets, not so much the teamwork.

I've ran a tank squad that was right there with the infantry blasting Hamas away. We ended up getting about 5 caches and it was great. As soon as tanks spawn, don't move them out of the base, but use them the shell the infantry on the rooftops.. great strategy.

My issue, is with the Humvees and the APCs. For the sake of realism I understand that IDF might be running M113s and that their armor might suck... but holy hell. I'd love if the Humvees actually had somehow to defend themselves... let the people in the back shoot out from them, or give it a .50cal or .249 mounted, but it needs something.

Really my only gripes. Those two assest just kill the map for me :/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[uBp]Irish is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:11 PM   #35
badmojo420
Supporting Member

They should replace the humvees with this thing....
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:35 AM   #36
[uBp]Irish

that looks sexy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[uBp]Irish is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:35 AM   #37
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmojo420 View Post
They should replace the humvees with this thing....
Yeah we should, if it wasn't for the fact that it's bugged.

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:09 PM   #38
Farks

It was in the 0.9 test builds, but was a complete lag-mobile (bad export or something), so it was taken off all IDF maps in the last minute.

**ON INDEFINITE LEAVE FROM 4 JANUARY 2013 AND ONWARDS**
The language and concepts contained in this post are guaranteed not to cause eternal torment in the place where the guy with the horns and pointed stick conducts his business.

Farks is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:53 AM   #39
archerfenris

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_J0k3r View Post
the main problem with the map is players.

why do people try to rush out of main in the beginning without cover? technicals are NOT A PROBLEM AT ALL! an automatic rifleman that is worth anything can take out the threat in no time. if the IDF team works together NOTHING can stop them if they don't enter the city. so why do it unless you have proper firepower? wait till the merkavas are up. until then: FOB at the beach. gather intel, wait until 2 caches are revealed to have more options. then push up to ONE cache at a time, maybe with a distraction element.

srsly, the merkavas are like bosses in old computer games. you can spam RPG's and even IED's and they don't crumble use them wisely.

doesn't help if the team is crap but that's not really the fault of the mapper. i have seen complete IDF teams pushing into the city without fire support at different spots only to get raped inside the city while the tanks sit around all alone.

i played hamas in a nicely organised team once against a nicely organised IDF team. it was a hard battle and very close (i think we managed victory with 1 cache the IDF was already close to in the end). so i think the map is fine the way it is, IDF should just not tardrush into the city and leave those nice scoped kits for the hamas to take. it's just gonna end badly...
Nice scoped kits? It's close quarters combat the entire time. As IDF as soon as I kill hamas I take his weapon. What's better, a scoped kit for shooting long range which you do 10% of the time or a M-16/AK that will hit whatever you're shooting at on Auto as long as it's within 60 meters. It's a no-brainer.

"Pacifism is the virtue of the naive"
archerfenris is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:25 AM   #40
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

Yes it's a hard map.
So get some teamwork going, go CO and suggest people wait 15mins or do recce, or go to a Mumble server.
So often the same story, with patience and teamwork many more maps would be good to play.
I only play PR as SL using TEAM tactics and Mumble!
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
gaza, hamas, incredibly, korengal, lopsided