project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
29 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #11
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default re: is Gaza incredibly lopsided towards hamas?

We tried a new tactic as IDF which worked well

the keyword is Merkava

we just defended for 20mins, setting up FBs around the beach area, then 20mins hit and we started using merkavas like battering rams

its hard partly because its small, so IDF transport means less

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:37 PM   #12
sabwarfare

these tactics you speak of that make the teams fair again are really only in a perfect world. if hamas has any sense and just drives 2 technicals to the piers they can stop anyone from getting there an setting up firebases, and the rest of the west wall can be blocked by infantry.

there will very rarely be an IDF team on a public server that waits at base until tanks spawn and all works together as a team. even then it will be very difficult as hamas has been given time to all get to the west wall and setup mines and IEDs and multiple RPGs

hamas teamwork needed to win: 30%
IDF teamwork needed to win: 90%
sabwarfare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:43 PM   #13
hiberNative

played gaza one time and sported like 20 fps. want to play it more since the small size city maps are something i like (asad khal etc).
sounds cool if hamas has the upper hand tbh.

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hiberNative is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:43 PM   #14
charliegrs

Send a message via AIM to charliegrs Send a message via Yahoo to charliegrs

Theres a thread like this for every insurgency map. The usual "this map sucks because the insurgents/coalition is overpowered etc" threads are getting kind of old. I still say that the only real advantage any side has in any map is how competent their team is.

known in-game as BOOMSNAPP
'
charliegrs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:50 PM   #15
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: is Gaza incredibly lopsided towards hamas?

Thread title fixed to something more nonflamable

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
CodeRedFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #16
Meester

I personally feel that Gaza is too small for two tanks and just in general for playing as the insurgency gamemode. My opinion might change but it feels too deathmatchy at times.
Meester is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:51 PM   #17
badmojo420
Supporting Member

I think the large area of desert should be more like a bombed out part of the city. With rubble and stuff to use as cover.

Something like this...
http://nimg.sulekha.com/Others/origi...3-23-33-18.jpg
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:43 AM   #18
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
Originally Posted by manligheten View Post
If really feels like that they made that map and thought that there still would be RPs around. Although it's a really cool and beautiful map it doesn't play well I would say. Yesterday I got 54:4 K/D shooting IDF when they tried to cross the desert. You can shot guys who try to jump into the tanks. The m113 is really worthless but the MBT is really good. Hamas really got the upper hand.
This map would be perfect with RPs still around, but without RPs and just FOBs and 1 truck to build them, IDF can't keep a foothold in the city long enough to do anything. IDF pretty much have to clear the entire city from left to right and hope they have someone who builds FOBs behind them or that no caches spawn behind them, which happens more often than not. Really easy for HAMAS to flank, so this isn't even that great of a strategy either.

"Push the Envelope, Watch It Bend"

Tool ~ Lateralus
00SoldierofFortune00 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:01 AM   #19
BrownBadger

I've had games where both IDF and Hamas win, but Hamas has the upper hand, sure. IDF really does become invincible when they move out together with the tanks and have a strong defense-line with backup firebases close.
BrownBadger is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:04 AM   #20
pfhatoa

The main problem is the size of the map, sadly. With 32 HAMAS standing in a 500x500m city it's close to impossible to get a foot in as IDF.
pfhatoa is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
gaza, hamas, incredibly, korengal, lopsided