project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
24 Jul 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2017, 05:05 PM   #1
CAS_ual_TY
PR Server License Administrator

Default Fools Road

The first flag of the britains usually becomes a pain. Brits start firing out of it and militia returns fire. Then you have APCs being forced to stay on the bridge etc.

Its not a major issue but it would be nice to get a solution to this problem. Suggestion:

Sometimes the fact that the brits only have 2 (known) ways to get out of main, it would probably be good to have a 3rd way of getting out of it. Seen it already that vehicles couldnt leave the "island" because they were camped in so hard.

Little issues, still really like the map, thought Id give some feedback.

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:56 PM   #2
QuickLoad

Default Re: Fools Road

i agree, even when the brits aren't pushed all the way back there's always a lat, hat, arounds the town, mountain, or mines on the road just waiting because they know that's the only path vehicles can leave at.
QuickLoad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 11:23 PM   #3
chrisweb89

It might make things a little difficult to admin, but fools has always been like that, and should always be like that. The ambushes are what makes it unique and too much of that kind of stuff is getting taken out.

If the village/roads out is really unusable(usually only like 4 guys max) there is also the western exit and land bridge that is rarely ambushed.

One of the changes on fools that I don't like it the redone militia fortress. Even with an area attack its still a maze on the inside and very hard to attack. At least the old fortress was powerful, but an area attack could mostly clear it, maybe a mix of the two would be best. Another thing is with only 4 flags on the map, and 2 being bleed flags the game ends very quickly a lot of the time. My opinion is that every map should have a minimum 5 flags, the first 2 being capped bleed flags and the rest being neutral no bleed flags.
chrisweb89 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:41 AM   #4
YAK-R
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

I really enjoy fools road. As Chris said, the sabotage is part of what makes the map unique.

the only change i'd like to see would be the removal of the DOD area here (west edge of the map), which prevents the brits from sneaking up this hill

West ridge often makes for stalemately games, with very limited options for the brits to attack effectively.
Last edited by YAK-R; 07-17-2017 at 01:59 AM..
Old 07-17-2017, 01:47 AM   #5
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester

I think the gameplay would benefit from there being more then 4 flags on routes. or having 2 defend flags to push last flag or something.

FFG is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:51 AM   #6
fecht_niko

Agree with fagualty on this.

The biggest problem this map suffers is the lack of exits for GB.

The bridge isnt an option because the road is a tiny corridor where you can ambush easily with mines, HATs, LATs, SPG,.....

The western exit takes a lot of time and efford to manage with the same problems.

Maybe push GB first flag further north and increase DOD to the crossroads
fecht_niko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:01 AM   #7
CAS_ual_TY
PR Server License Administrator

I agree with ambushs etc. But this map usually ends with brits shooting right out of their main base. And removing the DOD from the bridge would stop so many people "whining" about being camped.

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:19 AM   #8
[R-DEV]AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer

If only the GB APCs would be fucking amphibious. You live on a godamn island how are your APCs not amphibious?

My opinion:
-Remove the western DOD like Yak said, make the mountain more climbable.
-Make the river shallow, and make the entire southern part DoD for militia. Move GB main to the center of the island, as far south as possible. Bridge should be only half DOD.
-Move the village 100m north. Make the intersection the center of the village.
[R-DEV]AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:40 AM   #9
LEGIYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickLoad View Post
i agree, even when the brits aren't pushed all the way back there's always a lat, hat, arounds the town, mountain, or mines on the road just waiting because they know that's the only path vehicles can leave at.
*cough**cough*
Saaremaa,mines on the dirt road on Russian side.Lat and Hat allways on Old base.
Those problems will never get fixed.
On alot of maps...
LEGIYA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:49 AM   #10
[R-DEV]AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEGIYA View Post
*cough**cough*
Saaremaa,mines on the dirt road on Russian side.Lat and Hat allwayson Old base.
Those problems will never get fixed.
On alot of maps...

No body says you need to use the dirt road. You can go through the forrest just fine.
Not the same with fool's road bridge.
[R-DEV]AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
fools, road