project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
23 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2017, 07:15 AM   #11
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

sweedensniiperr's Avatar
Default Re: Route E-106 Beta

I didn't play it yet but i checked it out quickly on local.

The factory thing in NE: I feel like for a last flag for russia it might a too strong position. US doesn't have anything that good for a last flag. I like the look of it but maybe it could be touched up a bit?

Can you add something to "cover up" this?
http://i.imgur.com/SvLF27z.jpg

Like you kind of did here
http://i.imgur.com/aTiAibY.jpg

Maybe it's just me but the whole compound screams for more ladders. http://i.imgur.com/QhjT0UO.jpg , http://i.imgur.com/k2hELgz.jpg

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 03:25 AM   #12
TBob

TBob's Avatar
Default Re: Route E-106 Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
I didn't play it yet but i checked it out quickly on local.

The factory thing in NE: I feel like for a last flag for russia it might a too strong position. US doesn't have anything that good for a last flag. I like the look of it but maybe it could be touched up a bit?

Can you add something to "cover up" this?
http://i.imgur.com/SvLF27z.jpg

Like you kind of did here
http://i.imgur.com/aTiAibY.jpg

Maybe it's just me but the whole compound screams for more ladders. http://i.imgur.com/QhjT0UO.jpg , http://i.imgur.com/k2hELgz.jpg
Coordination with armor is important for that flag, infantry can also take the Mk 19 humvee. The inf layer may have some issues there though.

Think that's just a stray object that didn't get deleted, no need to cover up.

Originally the North side had a ladder but there's an issue with the collision geometry on that static where it doesn't match the model on that side of the tall concrete part.
TBob is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 04:17 AM   #13
YAK-R
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

YAK-R's Avatar
Default Re: Route E-106 Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBob View Post
Coordination with armor is important for that flag, infantry can also take the Mk 19 humvee. The inf layer may have some issues there though.

Think that's just a stray object that didn't get deleted, no need to cover up.

Originally the North side had a ladder but there's an issue with the collision geometry on that static where it doesn't match the model on that side of the tall concrete part.
It's particularly hard to attack, given it's on the corner of the map, combined with the wonky flag layer (kiosk) it's pretty impossible. The best option is to just ignore the flag, it's not worth attacking.
YAK-R is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 03:19 AM   #14
QuickLoad

QuickLoad's Avatar
Default Re: Route E-106 Beta

the bells can be annoying - the rnadom ones that ring ring ring ring ring regardless of where you are on the map almost seemingly clientside as it rings at different times for different people.
edit: also 15 minute littlebird respawn time(-5 min) may be better, similar to dogactual's suggestion but not exactly.
QuickLoad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:29 PM   #15
LimitJK
Default Re: Route E-106 Beta

the map is too small for the amount of assets (especially air).

hind op, cant be balanced with us air, as once unleashed basically everywhere within seconds.
maybe its just not a cas map?
i dont really see russian cas happening as everything in their arsenal seems too big.

consider putting only assets of a certain type together into 1 layer (as opposed to stryker, tank, fancy humvee variants). as far as i read from the development process you wanted to have a plausible scenario.
try making one layer with an armoured brigade combat team layout, one with a stryker brigade and one with infantry (and similar on the russian side).

idea: us atgm heli vs tunguska on armoured bct layout.


the black grass patches seem random and out of place, something needs to be done there.

that said the map indeed feels different and im looking forward to its future.


LimitJK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:54 PM   #16
Raidonrai

Raidonrai's Avatar
Default Re: Route E-106 Beta

Tunguska would be aids, just HE every bush.

Honestly just get rid of hind and keep minigun littlebird for US, it's basically irrelevant anyway.

Flag placements are fucked, you can have the active flags basically on opposite sides of the map of eachother resulting in very stale gameplay where it takes too long to travel to next flag so most squads just sit tight or end up wandering about aimlessly. Distance between flags should make sense, travelling from 3 -> 4 should always be quicker than 3 -> 5 which isn't guaranteed with current placements.
Raidonrai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:37 PM   #17
Rico
Retired PR Developer

Rico's Avatar
Default Re: Route E-106 Beta

Nice map layout!

Facility flag is bugged and caps in about 10 secs.

Sand Lily is an awkward flag. Not much cover for any decent defences.

Too much assets for my liking, the infantry layer is preferred.
Rico is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 07:30 PM   #18
Vista
Default Re: Route E-106 Beta

Imo this map is pretty good for infantry play, really enjoying it. Definitely one of the best.

Although I'll have to join the rest and say that it simply has too many assets. Get rid of CAS and the tanks. IFVs only would make it nearly perfect.

Also US vs Russia is balanced but boring and overdone. Get some China or MEC up in here, spice things up. Too many AKs in Opfor, we need more faction variety.
Vista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:53 AM   #19
solidfire93

solidfire93's Avatar
Default Re: Route E-106 Beta

what's the point of having ATGM and AA emplacement if we don't get tank or Cas in the map ?

we need to think about adding variety to the map not saying get rid of this and get rid of that which later on everybody going to complain about something that is missing from the map....

my point here is that in the future we can get ALT Layer that have light Assets...

map still in Beta so hope we can see other factions instead of US v RU.....
solidfire93 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:02 AM   #20
QuickLoad

QuickLoad's Avatar
Default Re: Route E-106 Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidfire93 View Post
what's the point of having ATGM and AA emplacement if we don't get tank or Cas in the map ?

we need to think about adding variety to the map not saying get rid of this and get rid of that which later on everybody going to complain about something that is missing from the map....

my point here is that in the future we can get ALT Layer that have light Assets...

map still in Beta so hope we can see other factions instead of US v RU.....
well yes variety is good but just cause you have things to use doesn't nessescarily mean they should be used. case in point building stinger AA as USMC on muttrah city
QuickLoad is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
beta, e106, route
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:03 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2015, Project Reality.