project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
23 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2017, 08:54 PM   #11
Lugi
Default Re: Battle of Ia Drang

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG View Post
Theres much smaller maps that servers run with 100 players.

Spreading the flags across 1km on a 2km map allows for squads to move around the main conflict and flank.
I mean the map is just too big - actually not the map, but having 3 flags capable at the same time is nonsense. An example from today's game: my squad capped the middle flag and then I ordered them to move out to cutoff platoon (northernmost flag) hoping we would run into the enemy on our way there as they have just capped the cutoff platoon. We move there having killed like 1 or 2 guys on the way and another one on the flag. We cap it, and immediately the middle flag goes gray. So we move back in hoping to destroy the squad that has been playing cat and mouse with us, and obviously we find nothing there. And you'd never guess, right as we arrive at the middle flag the northern flag goes grey. This went on for about 20-30 minutes.

The whole point of capable flags is to concentrate players around specific points. Whats the use of flags on a map where they are so dispersed?
Lugi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 10:25 PM   #12
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugi View Post
-snip-
So you attacked a flag, and didn't defend it or organise someone to defend it? So you're complaining about being out teamworked? Undefended flags are as good as capped dude.

FFG is online now Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 10:40 PM   #13
Lugi

Quote:
So you attacked a flag, and didn't defend it or organise someone to defend it? So you're complaining about being out teamworked? Undefended flags are as good as capped dude.
Actually both teams "outteamworked" each other. You're completely missing the point.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:05 PM   #14
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugi View Post
Actually both teams "outteamworked" each other. You're completely missing the point.
It just sounds like noones defending and you're just running around the map Death matching. Its really not an issue with the map. The map is fine, the playerbase needs to learn how to play it.

FFG is online now Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:02 AM   #15
Lugi

Quote:
It just sounds like noones defending and you're just running around the map Death matching. Its really not an issue with the map. The map is fine, the playerbase needs to learn how to play it.
Still missing the point. Show me any other map that that can have active flags spread out so much.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:02 AM   #16
FlyingR

My only complain about Ia Drang (which for me is one of the best PR maps), is that you can't cap the 2 first Vietnamese maps or the first American flag. This makes the game either to defend or to constantly attack the same flags and once you have all three just wait for the enemy to lose all the tickets.

All the flags should go back to being cappable so that there's more variety by having the ability to continue attacking and not just defend when you get all three middle flags.
FlyingR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:16 PM   #17
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingR View Post
My only complain about Ia Drang (which for me is one of the best PR maps), is that you can't cap the 2 first Vietnamese maps or the first American flag. This makes the game either to defend or to constantly attack the same flags and once you have all three just wait for the enemy to lose all the tickets.

All the flags should go back to being cappable so that there's more variety by having the ability to continue attacking and not just defend when you get all three middle flags.
You can cap those on ALT and INF does not even have them. Blame admins for playing wrong layers

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
[R-DEV]Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:19 PM   #18
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

There is an Alt layer.

[R-DEV]Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:24 PM   #19
Jabil_One
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391 View Post
You can cap those on ALT and INF does not even have them. Blame admins for playing wrong layers
Quote:
There is an Alt layer
Yes there is one but only attack/trans - chopper(s) and NO SkyHawk (or how shall i say?) winged CAS !!!

Your fault for not putting a plane into the ALT layer
Jabil_One is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:19 PM   #20
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

When was the last time someone managed to take off from US main anyway.

[R-DEV]Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
battle, drang