project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
19 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2016, 02:51 AM   #1
anantdeathhawk

Default Charlie's point

This map is so much fun for both infantry and CAS.As sometimes it happens that the infantry is unable to cap a flag and CAS is down too,so the boats come in handy,but the effectiveness of the boats are reduced as the on several places past the "RUINS" flag it gets stuck and on several occasions Trans chopper arrived to give us a push.So i was wondering if that map could have a little more deeper river system.
anantdeathhawk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 03:28 PM   #2
MIA89
Default Re: Charlie's point

should throw the nva a cpl mig17
MIA89 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:22 AM   #3
fecht_niko
Banned

This is one of the worst maps in PR.
You cant hear footsteps, you dont really see enemies nearby and the flag design is pretty poor.
Either change terrain, flags, .... OR just delete this map.
fecht_niko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:06 AM   #4
inb4banned

I agree that ambient sounds are too loud and grass too tall. It doesn't fit PR's gameplay when a couple of idiots can yolo into a coordinated squad, shoot, throws some grenades, run away and be effective. You can't counter what you can't see or hear. This is made worse by the new flag layout where you need to swim over to even get close. Some people camping in bushes on either side, few manning the quad with the rest of the team yoloing and you can't lose.

The map needs some work and I don't mean adding 200 tickets to US to balance out the stats.
inb4banned is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:13 AM   #5
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

It wasn't made by us neither, so that's perhaps a obvious clue why it doesn't seem to feel like a PR map . It's from another mod ( I forgot which one) for probably the obvious reason that there weren't enough Vietnam maps (idk for sure, wasn't a Dev at the time) to fill the Vietnam release with. We really need people to make Vietnam maps. I find it pretty fun ( the minimod, not the map)

[R-DEV]Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:20 AM   #6
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

It's from EOD. I ported it to PR back then. Obviously it got overhauled a couple of times as well. To fit PR's style more, we could use a version at least twice its size.

[R-DEV]AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:21 AM   #7
HeneraLuna

isn't the charlie's point map from eod? and what happened to the Dien Doung map?

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic96944_4.gif
HeneraLuna is online now Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:23 AM   #8
inb4banned

That explains it, simply lowering the grass by a bit and lowering ambient sounds would change the map a lot.
inb4banned is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 12:05 AM   #9
Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeneraLuna View Post
what happened to the Dien Doung map?
If I'm not mistaken it was taken out due to the caves not sitting properly on the terrain allowing players to glitch into the cave statics and shoot into the tunnels. It was abused quite a bit so I assumed it was being reworked but I don't know anymore.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:20 AM   #10
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
If I'm not mistaken it was taken out due to the caves not sitting properly on the terrain allowing players to glitch into the cave statics and shoot into the tunnels. It was abused quite a bit so I assumed it was being reworked but I don't know anymore.
Balance reasons, what you mentioned and generally the gameplay not working in the map AFAIK led to it, but all those problems were quite simple. Could have been fixed by just asset layout edits, and placement of spawns/mains and flags.

Was a pretty good map overall I think and an incredibly unique and interesting one, despite being the exact same heightmap as Fools Road.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
charlie, point