project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
22 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2017, 09:57 PM   #21
waldov

Default Re: Charlie's point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Howitzer View Post
It takes NVA a lot longer to reach the high ground than it takes for US to reach it by helicopters. The win/lose balance comparison about Marlin and Charlie's point is probably true, but that's mostly because of the lack of competence when it comes to usage of trans helis. People can use supply trucks somewhat effectively, but can't use trans choppers while they're not that complicated to use. This leads to steamrolls of attacking team in many amphibious assault maps.

There is no way NVA are able to reach the eastern high ground before US does, if US actually wants to get there ASAP. Once USA gets there, they can just kill everything from there with M60s and there very little NVA can do about it. Plus, USA gets gun boats and CAS.
I think you're discounting the disadvantage such an obvious staging area is for the US forces, even when US teams do secure a FOB in the east or west of the map there positions are so obvious that the NVA can more often then not pin the majority of US forces down defending there FOB/s while the majority of the NVA team can secure objectives and have plenty of room for maneuver. Thats why I think the ZPU needs to be removed in order to allow US trans heli's to deploy troops throughout other parts of the map and not confine the US to the obvious and confined assaults that break the map imo.

waldov is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 07:28 AM   #22
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: Charlie's point

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldov View Post
Thats why I think the ZPU needs to be removed in order to allow US trans heli's to deploy troops throughout other parts of the map and not confine the US to the obvious and confined assaults that break the map imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Outlawz7 View Post
I lowered grass to crouch height and lowered ambient sound volume for next release, I also removed the quad guns except the ones at Airstrip and NVA main.

[R-DEV]Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
charlie, point