project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
19 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2016, 07:18 PM   #11
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Lashkar Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Alt View Post
Is camo that big of a deal, Falklands was rolling with modern DPM for almost a year, no?
PR:F wasn't officially integrated into the mod, not even in v0.97 where the maps where added to the main mod, but still wasn't actually part of the mod, since all the custom factions, vehicles, weapons and other code/textures, where all part of the map and not the core files, if that makes sense. Could get away with it a bit yes, but really needs proper ones making long term at the very least and may only require a few edits of the old ones, but vehicle camo looks like it would need quite a bit of work from the pics I've seen.

But we aren't going slap our current Russians and Taliban together and call it the 1980s Soviet-Afghan war

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:43 AM   #12
fecht_niko
Banned

I dont think that everything has to be 100% realistic like many of the current maps and factions show.

If we use the old russian desert camo without scopes like Grozny and add old vehicles like btr80, bmp2, hind and trucks only than it should simulate the Soviet-afghan war pretty precisely. And for gameplay aspects I'm sure it's better to have taliban with AKs.
fecht_niko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:02 AM   #13
fecht_niko
Banned

I build a team to make this Lashkar Valley 1979 map. The beta map will be finished in the next 10 days so we can try some things out.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:43 AM   #14
Geronimo

Maybe make it a "modern war" between Russia and Taliban. As far as I know the same was done for Ramiel which loosely re-enacts the Battle of Mogadishu.

Geronimo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 01:45 PM   #15
fecht_niko
Banned

I prefer unscoped factions to avoid the open area camping on this map because its mostly open.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:50 PM   #16
Rico
Retired PR Developer

Guys this map and PR would really benefit from simply adding an AAS layer like the one seen on Bamyan ALT where the Taliban assault the checkpoints. New maps take a long time to create so a gameplay changing addition like this is a great way to mix up the experience on the map rather easily.

Would love to see another map where the Taliban are forced to go on the offensive.
Rico is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
lashkar, valley