project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
17 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2015, 08:27 AM   #1
Curry
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Default Operation Bobcat - Official Map Test

Since the map will be included into PR at a later stage, we would ask that all players provide us with as much feedback as possible and report any bugs and/or issues they encounter.

Curry.

Curry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:44 AM   #2
Acecombatzer0

Default Re: Operation Bobcat - Official Map Test

Remove Chinook, replace with Mv-22

The "asymmetrical balance" is silly on standard, give the Chinese a real APC, not two crap ones against a LAV-25

Otherwise a great map

CrazyHotMilf: can you release PR 1.0 today cause its my birthday and i want to play it ? because its gonna be very nice and every thing
Acecombatzer0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:01 AM   #3
[R-CON]derg
PR:BF2 Contributor

do you mind proposing a balanced setup between chinese and usmc trans and apcs? theres no respective counterparts for the osprey nor the lav so itll stay asymmetrical either way

GT-I9515

[R-CON]derg is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 07:04 AM   #4
LiamNL

If the Chinese get better APCs the LAV always get recked because of superior rate of fire, if the US gets the AAVP it will get recked because the batmobile is way stronger than it. The only way I can see it actually balanced is probably with some light cas (possibly ATGM capable but that would be pushing it) choppers to compensate for the heavier vehicles.

Through it is quite easy to kill the LAV with the given Chinese APCs, like what happened when the LAV landed on the southern point near the repair station and suddenly got ambushed by a .50 cal and batmobile APCs through that might have been a bit on the crew to blame. It just requires a bit more teamwork and concentrating fire, not that I will see that as likely because everybody hates the open turret APCs and won't bother to take them.

Other than that it's a good map, quite pretty as well, but balancing the heavier assets will prove difficult, but it would need something to disuade the enemy from attacking the repair station flags till they are actually in play.

One can not go through life without failing things. If you do go through life without failing, you fail at failing.
LiamNL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:46 AM   #5
Zrix
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I didn't play it enough or with enough people on the server to give a proper balance report, but I got the feeling that the Chinese team got severely out-thermaled. That CROWS-HMMWV was a real pain to deal with. Possibly harder to deal with than the LAV because it's so sneaky.
Once both the LAV and CROWS was down it was actually a really nice map. I look forward to the inf layer.

Zrix is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 12:24 PM   #6
X-Alt

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]derg View Post
do you mind proposing a balanced setup between chinese and usmc trans and apcs? theres no respective counterparts for the osprey nor the lav so itll stay asymmetrical either way

GT-I9515
The APC balance was pretty nice TBH. We took down the LAV with just a Batmobile and two one-manned open tops. The Osprey is just like the chinook, it carries 2 crates, and for the most part is used as logistical support. The Osprey isn't even that difficult to land, plus you remove the possibility for the USMC to use the Chinook as CAS.
X-Alt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:41 PM   #7
Acecombatzer0

True, its difficult to symmetrically balance USMC vs PLA, but I can suggest some alternatives

The Mv-22, besides being realistic for the USMC faction, can easily be balanced

Give the Chinese 3x Mi-8s or 2x Zhi-s vs 1 Mv-22 + 2 Uh-1D

For APCs give Chinese 1x IFV vs 2x LAV-25,

Or the 2x Open Top APC vs 1x AAVP7 but remove Batmobile and CROWS

CROWS Humvee is not realistic for the USMC faction either

SOURCE:

Robotic turrets: Corps' next-gen vehicles could feature remote weapons systems | Marine Corps Times | marinecorpstimes.com

Article implies that the CROWS system will not be implemented fully until the next generation vehicles replacing the Humvee, while the Army already has them, since they have a bigger budget. Some Marine Officials dislike CROWs as it can compromise situational awareness.

And X-Alt, im pretty sure that their LAV squad on the other team was pretty bad, I'm sure a competent APC squad will wreck open top APCs

CrazyHotMilf: can you release PR 1.0 today cause its my birthday and i want to play it ? because its gonna be very nice and every thing
Acecombatzer0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:17 PM   #8
LiamNL

>: ( I was in that APC squad, we didn't start out bad, but after that ambush at the repair station we didn't get back in the fight due to being tracked by a single bloody LAT.

One can not go through life without failing things. If you do go through life without failing, you fail at failing.
LiamNL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:42 PM   #9
[R-CON]derg
PR:BF2 Contributor

thanks for the feedback, keep it coming!
will probably take both repairstations out of the gameplay via dod and reduce the flag count on alt&std to get more space in between those

for the assets, theres an apc&asset heavy ALT layer so id like to keep the amount of apcs on STD as low as it is right now. might exchange one or both crows with a couple of usual hmmwvs or add another vn3 though.. but everything above the .50 wz551 would rape 2 lav25s with ease.

how did the performance work out? just reduced the og count again.. from ~5.9k during the test to ~4.4k. still droppin to 65 on some places on local.

GT-I9515

[R-CON]derg is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:17 PM   #10
Acecombatzer0

So I decided to look around the maps in a local server, and having looking at the other layers I have some additional feedback

-The ALT layer should be STD layer and vice versa, as it would make more sense to have the LRG layer have the additional assets, as it is supposed to resemble the STD layer

-The sky in the current STD is kinda gloomy and looks ugly, might need to be reworked a bit

-The Harrier is taking off in the wrong direction in ALT

-IMO remove VN3 and CROWs entirely. I hate those vehicles, besides the CROWS being unrealistic for the USMC, 99 percent of the time these vehicles are always claimed by 2 players and drive around and harass INF from afar to farm kills without objectives in mind. Also the VN3 is slightly better because of better weapon and amphibious capabilities.

-In current ALT layer LAV should spawn at G11Kp5, not the carrier. LAVs don't deploy from carriers IRL, as they are not capable to deploy in oceans, that's for the AAVP7. On top of that, the American APCs have the swim a lot farther to get to the mainland than the Chinese APCs

-ALT layer should be a little more interesting, I suggest 2 Light attack helos per team, Zhi-9 vs CAS UH-1, as they are very similar and don't have a map where they "square off", as well as 1 tank per team. Having tanks can be interesting, as they don't have the capability to CAP certain flags, and rely on INF support to capture island flags and clear ambush areas

-ALT layer helicopter layout makes more sense, should be carried over to both layouts

-Instead of CROWS and VN-3, China should get more .50 cal scout cars and USMC should get M240 Humvees, they should balance out pretty good.

-Perhaps a layer where the VN-3 squares off with TOW humvee. TOW humvees are very underused in PR IMO

-One more thing, utilize the new Project Reality runways on the airfield. Should be numbered runways 12 and 30.

Last edited by Acecombatzer0; 12-21-2015 at 08:31 PM..

Tags
bobcat, map, official, operation, test