project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
23 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2016, 06:32 PM   #61
[R-DEV]Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Assault on Grozny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonez__ View Post
Were Russians completely high on speed or what? "YES LET'S LEAVE ALL OUR SHIT HERE FOR MILITANTS. WE PROBABLY WON'T NEED THESE."
Hehe, not exactly After the chechen declaration of independence the russian troops in Chechnya had been ordered by the Soviet leaders to remain neutral and not enforce Yeltsins martial law-decree. By the time Gorbachev resigned there was no possibility for the skeleton formations in chechnya to withdraw with all equipment as they were basically besieged by the chechens who had become very strong, and the russians didn't need a war at the time with all the changes in Moscow, so they made a deal to withdraw peacfully and leave the arms to the chechens.

Last edited by [R-DEV]Ason; 02-06-2016 at 06:41 PM..
Old 02-14-2016, 03:28 PM   #62
BlackGus

This map is excellent, i would like to add a sound environment war like this (example just artillerie, bombs and others explosion with moderation)

BlackGus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 02:45 PM   #63
oakman26

This map is great! Very intense city fighting with huge opportunity for sneaky guerilla fighting from both sides in both gamemodes. I had a great time sneaking behind russian lines to blow three fobs as a militia breacher on insurgency and racking up 20 kills with the ppsh. The little shrubby peninsula in the middle of the river is a great thought and addition. Sound is very powerful on this map with it's fog, low draw distance, and plentiful cover / concealment for flanking.

My favorite map in the game atm.
oakman26 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:29 PM   #64
Brozef

The T 72 on AAS has almost no counter. T 62 1v1 is useless, mines are unlikely but best option, and militia HAT kit cannot do enough damage to the T 72. If you hit it with a HAT kit in the ass (should be the weakest visible point) it has enough time to pop smoke and retreat and can even take a couple of RPGs and still keeps rolling.

Is this by design or what? Because Militia only gets one HAT kit and it is just not enough to put him down in one shot.
Brozef is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:21 AM   #65
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

Militia get 2 SPGs and a BMP-1. On top of that the T-62 can track the T-72 off the first shot most of the time if you get the first shot off.

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 12:16 AM   #66
chrisweb89
PR Server License Moderator

The std layer has 2 5 min respawn spg techies. Not sure how the tank isn't being nagged by those constantly.
chrisweb89 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:39 PM   #67
Brozef

They do him him constantly, the problem is nothing the Militia has can track him in one shot, FFG don't know what patch you did that in but it wasn't this one. The T 72 can tank anything the Militia forces fire at him and can keep going, pops smoke and retreats. I have hit one of those things 6 times in the ass on the same round, he pops smoke and runs, even after 2 additional RPG side hits. I think the Militia either needs 2 hat kits or nerf his armour.
Brozef is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:09 AM   #68
[R-DEV]AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Moderator

If he needs to RTB then you have successfully bought your team time.
Any weapon has a chance to track him when hit on the back.

It doesn't even have thermals, just make some ambushes in the woods.
[R-DEV]AlonTavor is online now Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:53 AM   #69
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozef View Post
They do him him constantly, the problem is nothing the Militia has can track him in one shot, FFG don't know what patch you did that in but it wasn't this one. The T 72 can tank anything the Militia forces fire at him and can keep going, pops smoke and retreats. I have hit one of those things 6 times in the ass on the same round, he pops smoke and runs, even after 2 additional RPG side hits. I think the Militia either needs 2 hat kits or nerf his armour.
T-62 AP shot to the side or back of T-72 will track him with a high probability. Same with the RPG Tandem HEAT.

I think we have an end-user caused problem here
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:48 PM   #70
Murphy

Let's be upfront here - Militia is at a blatant disadvantage vs the T-72, and I think it's perfectly alright. It's not that you can never kill the T-72, it's just that if they play their cards right a T-72 can last a very long time and be a massive pain. The tools to destroy T-72s are there, but they are difficult to use and the T-62 is actually useless against the T-72 in the vast majority of situations. If you are trying to take a T-72 down with a T-62 you need to realize the odds are stacked against you, and accept that you are just one of multiple assets/weapon systems that need to work together to dethrone the king. This is exactly why people have an issue with the setup, pub games are not ideal for coordinating an engagement properly, it can happen but it will be more difficult with the "me me me" mentality that can be prevalent in pub rounds.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
assault, grozny, poxo is ghey