project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
17 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2014, 05:48 PM   #1
K4on
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default 1.1.4.0 Fallujah West Impressions

We just won Fallujah West against a clanstacked Bluefor team with 30-0 Tickets with a pretty good KD for insurgency.
Maybe its about the one-shot-bug being fixed, less collaborator derpers due to the new medic class and more technicals for Insurgents. Pre 1.1.4.0 Insurgents lost 70% of all matches (average of all servers).

As you can't really tell that from just one round, please post your AARs and feedback, to help us balancing.

Spoiler for screenshots:

Cheers

K4on is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:42 PM   #2
fatalsushi83

Talking Re: 1.1.4.0 Fallujah West Impressions

This sounds really promising. I'm downloading the update right now and can't wait to play!!! Thanks for all the work, devs.
fatalsushi83 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:00 AM   #3
[R-DEV]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer
Default Re: 1.1.4.0 Fallujah West Impressions

Playing on a relatively non-stacked team, we won with about 200 tickets as the USMC. It was all over in just about an hour. I still think the blufor gets too many pieces of armor for such a small map.

I also personally feel like 2x logistics trucks is excessive. Maybe 2x at the start, but only 1 should respawn IMO.

Overall it was *more* balanced than before... but still relatively a cakewalk. I ran around as an SL with 11-0 kdr for most of the round. Not having to give up even once points to an imbalance imo, whether it be team v team or a map issue
[R-DEV]Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:01 AM   #4
Pronck
Supporting Member

I played Fallujah yesterday evening on PRTA. I racked up 25 kills with a silenced marksman and with a M16 and only died twice. We had a 300+ amount of kills against 100 deaths. I believe we won round or lost it on the last cache. However you could notice that the insurgents didn't have much fun that round, they got outnumbered all the time by us, using the mobility and range capabilities.

I have to play it more, and as insurgent to give proper feedback.

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:52 AM   #5
Dude_Nukem
Supporting Member

In the thread Pronk had started before. No one really mentioned the SPG technical. Which can be very effective on this map to harrash the US Army, since the max view distance is far, the setting of the map where you/it can hide behind cover, the amount of damage it can produce and because of the dual purpose it can serve, against both inf and armour.

I wanted to suggest to add another SPG technical, maybe? So two SPG's in total. It will be a good support for the Insurgents, imo.

Since the increased amount of technicals, things will change ofcourse. So due to the new 1.1.04 patch, I'll have to re adjust my comment/suggestion.
Dude_Nukem is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:31 AM   #6
Tequila
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

The 2 times I've played fallujah this patch ins got destroyed. It was no contest when it comes to kill to death ratio or sheer dominance of bluefor against them. With that said ins still won both maps by at least 3 caches.

I don't have any ideas to improve it. Maybe a small static spawn point with a repair station in the north east corner of the map?

Tequila is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:31 AM   #7
matty1053

Played a round last night. Was fun. But still think insurgency is still a boring game mode. On fallujah that is?

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:03 PM   #8
viirusiiseli
Banned

Insurgents need more .50cal technicals...
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:42 PM   #9
MADsqirrel
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Pronk(NL) View Post
I played Fallujah yesterday evening on PRTA. I racked up 25 kills with a silenced marksman and with a M16 and only died twice. We had a 300+ amount of kills against 100 deaths. I believe we won round or lost it on the last cache. However you could notice that the insurgents didn't have much fun that round, they got outnumbered all the time by us, using the mobility and range capabilities.

I have to play it more, and as insurgent to give proper feedback.
I was on the INS side that game as SL.

Summary:
The first 4 caches were either close to the enemy main or in the western/north western part of the map.
It was extremly hard to defend any of these because of enemys on rooftops and decent APC support.
Sometimes the cache was almost impossible to defend, because of multiple APCs or ARs/Marksman/etc. covering the cache position.
After the 4 cache got blown, INS had a K/D 23/100.
The last 2 caches both spawned in the city and we were able to hold them against the enemy till the US ran out of tickets.
Round ended with a K/D of 150/450 for INS.

IMO:
Defending Caches outside the city is hard because of assets/scopes AND 100players on a 1km map. It is easy to mow down any INS who tryes to get close to a cache, if the US has good firing positions.

Defending in the City is easy and it nees a US team with good intersquad teamwork to effectivly take out a cache.

Suggestions:
Bradlys and LAV should be replaced with AAVPs. That gives the INS a slightly better chance in the open and inside buildings. Additional a few more SVDs (MAX 4) or other scoped rifles (not sure but I only found a single Marksman kit, which proofed deadly in the city).

PS: Even thought we got slaughtert most of the time (my squad had something like 25/80 K/D) we had a lot of fun in my squad, while I didn't really organized anything, except a few hideouts.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic56970_7.gif
Last edited by MADsqirrel; 03-18-2014 at 02:54 PM..
Old 03-18-2014, 02:09 PM   #10
Dude_Nukem
Supporting Member

Or how about only the Insurgents get back their mortars?

The Blufor got another target to focus on, next to the cache. It will buy them some time. First of all, since it's a small map it's not such a big deal that they are going to focus on the Mortars. Second of all, the Blufor will get it more tough (if mortars even being used, if intel towards mortars is good ofc. and mortars got a decent crew, if if if) with camping around while "gathering intel" dealing with the mortars (like they like to do on mosque, archways for example).

So there is much of an "if" factor, so the mortars won't be overpowered, but a fair match imo.

But still haven't played Fallujah yet, since new update. But I can imagine the insurgents are still having a hard time defending.
Dude_Nukem is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
fallujah, impressions, west