project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
23 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2017, 11:33 AM   #51
Acecombatzer0

Default Re: Khamisiyah feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
I always found the crow humvee v brdm a pretty good balance point.
If you're talking about the Khami layer with the USMC, the Marines never had CROW Humvees; I remember reading somewhere that a 3 Star believes they "reduce situational awareness"

I think they are testing them recently for the new generation on MRAPS, although I can't find the article for that.

Even the Army Reserve are getting CROW turrets for the first time this year, that means the Marines won't get them until around 2040

https://www.upi.com/Army-Reserve-uni...4871485969247/

CrazyHotMilf: can you release PR 1.0 today cause its my birthday and i want to play it ? because its gonna be very nice and every thing
Acecombatzer0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:35 PM   #52
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by viirusiiseli View Post
When APCs are fighting each other it doesn't matter. Forest maps are an exception. When APCs don't fight, but go for infantry instead, thermal APCs will always be more effective. That's why I think the numbers or types of assets need to be adjusted instead of picking BTR-80 vs LAV-25 or something similar.
Fair point. So thinking on the APCs then, we could do a couple layouts.
Option A
Code:
USMC
- 2 x LAV25
- 1 x TOW humvee
MEC
- 2 x MTLB 6MA
- 1 x Shturm
- 1 x BRDM-2
Option B
Code:
USMC
- 2 x LAV25
- 1 x AAVP
- 1 x TOW humvee
MEC
- 2 x MTLB 6MA
- 1 x BTR-60
- 1 x Shturm
- 1 x BRDM-2
Option C
Code:
USMC
- 2 x LAV25
- 1 x AAVP
- 1 x TOW humvee
MEC
- 1 x BMP-2
- 1 x BTR-80
- 1 x Shturm
Quote:
Still, no zoom on a map where normal engagement with APC is 200+ meters. Of course I can shoot up to 500m ranges myself but unless you have a 1080p monitor, good luck going past that first 100m.

I just see putting those jeep-style APCs on big maps as pointless.
I know its not the case on all servers. But the general trend to assets like the boragh and other shitboxes is that they are unclaimed and could be taken by INF squads to be their battle cab.

Quote:
Yes, one of the only advantages of the BRDM in that fight is the HE/AP rounds. Then the disadvantages for BRDM are: very little zoom, no thermals, CROWs can hide in smoke and be invincible, CROWs can be impossible to kill in hull-down with only its protector turret visible so he can shoot you, and the CROWs has vehicle smokes to run away any time.

Despite those, the BRDM is still the best way to balance CROWs, as Rabbit said.
Yeah that was generally the Idea for the balance between CROWs vs BRDM. But yeah, will probably swap out the MTLB or Two for some more BRDMs.

Quote:
US has more assets and they are more effective than MEC assets. They don't always get used properly, but if they do, MEC is effed. It could be done better.
Yeah, well it was sorta just test case for 4km INF layers. I mean I've only played Khamisiyah INF maybe once in the past 2 years. So making the INF layer a bit interesting with a more asymetrical balance to get it played more was really our goal with it. We knew full well that it was probably gonna be a little unbalanced, but as to which team we're a bit unsure.

Quote:
Don't know where you picked deviation from, I was talking about zoom on the BMP-2, which makes it better at killing inf than MTLB 30mm.
Brought it up based on the fact past 500-600m accurately getting rounds down range on an enemy APC in either of them isn't easy. It comes down to whos the better gunner at that point.

FFG is online now Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:23 PM   #53
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG View Post
Fair point. So thinking on the APCs then, we could do a couple layouts.
Option A
USMC
- 2 x LAV25
- 1 x TOW humvee
MEC
- 2 x MTLB 6MA
- 1 x Shturm
- 1 x BRDM-2

Option B
USMC
- 2 x LAV25
- 1 x AAVP
- 1 x TOW humvee
MEC
- 2 x MTLB 6MA
- 1 x BTR-60
- 1 x Shturm
- 1 x BRDM-2

Option C
USMC
- 2 x LAV25
- 1 x AAVP
- 1 x TOW humvee
MEC
- 1 x BMP-2
- 1 x BTR-80
- 1 x Shturm
Out of those options:

1. B
2. C
3. A

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG View Post
Brought it up based on the fact past 500-600m accurately getting rounds down range on an enemy APC in either of them isn't easy. It comes down to whos the better gunner at that point.
With 2A42 deviation doesn't matter, it's HE is powerful enough to be effective long range, which is good. With M242 you need a good elevated position or it's useless. Bushmaster has incredibly shitty HE for years now for some reason, but thermals make up for it and still make it better than BMP-2 as far as killing inf goes.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
feedback, khamisiyah