project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
23 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2015, 11:27 PM   #41
Barbrady
Default Re: Khamisiyah feedback

I would like to mention a problem for Insurgent Infantry mode. You can't cross at E1 with a civilian car as insurgent withouth heavily damaging or destroying the car. The water is too deep for the cars.
Barbrady is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 01:32 PM   #42
viirusiiseli
Banned

AAS ALT/LRG:
+good flag layouts, alt puts more emphasis on the city which is good for infantry
+balanced ground assets
+all around a good map that rarely gets steamrolled due to its terrain and balanced nature
-jets are just air fighters, not close air support due to low respawn time and high numbers, especially hard for US to provide CAS for more than 5 minutes
-transport helicopters seem to have a hard time doing anything, due to high viewdistance, armor count and rather low cover by terrain

AAS STD:
+best layout of the three
+balanced CAS layout
-could do with 1 less jet
-AAVP/LAV against BMP-2Ms seems a bit odd, though not a big problem due to CAS, HAT and tanks

Edit: It would be pretty easy to balance the armor with a TOW HMMWV for USMC in STD
Last edited by viirusiiseli; 03-28-2015 at 10:16 AM..
Old 04-22-2017, 01:19 PM   #43
salutcestbooby

Osprey only have 5min respawn time on all the layers where he is: AAS standard and AAS large and COOP alt. I think that its really too low. This is a very expensive asset in real life and you can easily bring 2 big crates near the frontline very fast. 15 or 20 min should be better in my humble opinion.
salutcestbooby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 02:55 PM   #44
viirusiiseli
Banned

New STD layout asset balancing is a bit wonky, to say the least.

2 MTLB 30mm and a Shturm against 2x LAV-25 and TOW HMMWV isn't really balanced due to thermal vs non-thermal. To top it off, US gets two Avengers, that can kill infantry and MTLBs.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 03:50 AM   #45
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by viirusiiseli View Post
New STD layout asset balancing is a bit wonky, to say the least.

2 MTLB 30mm and a Shturm against 2x LAV-25 and TOW HMMWV isn't really balanced due to thermal vs non-thermal. To top it off, US gets two Avengers, that can kill infantry and MTLBs.
So Outlawz and myself have been the ones responsible for all the recent map rebalances and changes.

So going into it this you've got to understand the limitations we have.
The first being we don't actually change the assets and how the preform (e.g. giving assets thermals etc). Secondly we balance based on a vacuum, squad claim etc, and performance against one another.

So my major gripe with the last version of Khamisiyah AAS 64 comes down to skill factor of the APCS. In the past I've gone completely braindead in a BMP2M and still 1v2 and even 1v3'd the US APCs on both AAS32 & 64 due to the BMP2M just being overall a really good asset. While generally on the Alt layout the BMP2M verse M2A2 fight is relatively balanced. Overall still bias towards the BMP2M being able to follow up with a second ATGM straight away.

The LAV25 verse BMP2M balance was a bit of a laugh. Sure both get thermals. But 4 ATGMs are enough to wipe the entire tank squad if you play smart in it. I think overall even with the beast lacking thermals. In a pure 1v1 who ever shoots first will generally win.

Now onto Shturm vs TOW humvee. I spent alot of time weighing up the pros and cons of shturm and spandrel. Overall I think Shturm is still a better counter part to the TOW humvee in the its current state.

As for Avengers. I mean, yeah they are strong. But lets be real I mean if your in a beast and an avenger kills you. You deserve to die. When I look at maps like Kashan(that doesn't have AAVs) and Bijar (which has Gun only AAVs) I see CAS generally preform a bit too much. So Id rather have the avengers and run the risk of people using them as IFVs.

TLR Better then It was. could probably be improved. Open to feedback.

Btw, Has anyone had the chance to play the new AAS INF layout? Im interested to see how it plays out.

FFG is online now Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 04:43 AM   #46
Frontliner

Played it once. As I told you I like the general idea but teams were far too imbalanced to tell if the layout in and of itself is balanced.

ArkUTD: Do note this issue was resolved by the admin team and mats, thus this was closed
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: that's like 5% holocaust there
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:03 AM   #47
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG View Post
So Outlawz and myself have been the ones responsible for all the recent map rebalances and changes.

So going into it this you've got to understand the limitations we have.
The first being we don't actually change the assets and how the preform (e.g. giving assets thermals etc). Secondly we balance based on a vacuum, squad claim etc, and performance against one another.

So my major gripe with the last version of Khamisiyah AAS 64 comes down to skill factor of the APCS. In the past I've gone completely braindead in a BMP2M and still 1v2 and even 1v3'd the US APCs on both AAS32 & 64 due to the BMP2M just being overall a really good asset. While generally on the Alt layout the BMP2M verse M2A2 fight is relatively balanced. Overall still bias towards the BMP2M being able to follow up with a second ATGM straight away.

The LAV25 verse BMP2M balance was a bit of a laugh. Sure both get thermals. But 4 ATGMs are enough to wipe the entire tank squad if you play smart in it. I think overall even with the beast lacking thermals. In a pure 1v1 who ever shoots first will generally win.

Now onto Shturm vs TOW humvee. I spent alot of time weighing up the pros and cons of shturm and spandrel. Overall I think Shturm is still a better counter part to the TOW humvee in the its current state.

As for Avengers. I mean, yeah they are strong. But lets be real I mean if your in a beast and an avenger kills you. You deserve to die. When I look at maps like Kashan(that doesn't have AAVs) and Bijar (which has Gun only AAVs) I see CAS generally preform a bit too much. So Id rather have the avengers and run the risk of people using them as IFVs.

TLR Better then It was. could probably be improved. Open to feedback.

Btw, Has anyone had the chance to play the new AAS INF layout? Im interested to see how it plays out.
Yes, I apperciate the breath of fresh air asset layout wise and understand the thermal asset limitations. I'm not suggesting add BMP-2M to every map. But rather that lack of thermals causes balance issues which should be addressed by picking the best fitting vehicles from MEC inventory to the map and increasing the number of assets they get.

On AAS INF there should only be 1 .50cal MTLB or Boragh. Basically for transport. Something tracked with no zoom doesn't fit in a 4km map with that viewdistance. Especially given they're worse than a normal uparmored .50cal HMMWV.

Give the MEC 2x 10min delay BRDM-2s and rather PKT MTLBs at start against normal HMMWVs. T-62 doesn't get used against infantry effectively unless being manned by really good crews. BRDMs give a chance for MEC to counter CROWs/normal HMMWVs which can kill infantry and stay out of T-62 reach quite easily.

For STD, if you wish to keep beasts against LAVs, might as well give a BRDM or two for MEC. Or if you think it affects APC vs APC combat too much, make it PKT MTLBs.

Other possibilities are giving BMP-2+beast or 2x BMP-2. The larger zoom of the BMP-2 would give MEC something to actually kill inf with on that map. Beast is great and all but if you want balance with LAVs, BMP2 is a better choice because it can actually perform well on a map with long range engagements.

The beast would be a better fit for maps like burning sands, marlin or sbeneh or something.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 06:31 AM   #48
FFG
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Yes, I apperciate the breath of fresh air asset layout wise and understand the thermal asset limitations. I'm not suggesting add BMP-2M to every map. But rather that lack of thermals causes balance issues which should be addressed by picking the best fitting vehicles from MEC inventory to the map and increasing the number of assets they get.
Yeah I mean, Thermals are generally an issue when the top of the food chain assets don't have them. I don't think it matters as much with APCs

Quote:
On AAS INF there should only be 1 .50cal MTLB or Boragh. Basically for transport. Something tracked with no zoom doesn't fit in a 4km map with that viewdistance. Especially given they're worse than a normal uparmored .50cal HMMWV.
The View distance on INF is lower then all the other layers. its only 800 meters.

Quote:
Give the MEC 2x 10min delay BRDM-2s and rather PKT MTLBs at start against normal HMMWVs. T-62 doesn't get used against infantry effectively unless being manned by really good crews. BRDMs give a chance for MEC to counter CROWs/normal HMMWVs which can kill infantry and stay out of T-62 reach quite easily.
Issue with BRDMs is the 14.5mm gun can pen the glass on the humvee. which you can sorta do with the 50cal against the BRDM. Though giving MEC another BRDM-2 probably isn't a bad idea.

Quote:
For STD, if you wish to keep beasts against LAVs, might as well give a BRDM or two for MEC. Or if you think it affects APC vs APC combat too much, make it PKT MTLBs.
Standard is seemingly the only layer I've played in the past 2 weeks. I've never experienced either sides APCs be super aggressive. In my experience both teams APC squads tend to focus on killing the ATGM vehicles and then by the time they've done that INF squads have TOWs up and kill them anyways.

Quote:
Other possibilities are giving BMP-2+beast or 2x BMP-2. The larger zoom of the BMP-2 would give MEC something to actually kill inf with on that map. Beast is great and all but if you want balance with LAVs, BMP2 is a better choice because it can actually perform well on a map with long range engagements.
Mats could probably quote some actual numbers, but based on feeling Id say both the 30mm and the 25mm bush master ingame seem to deviate as much as eachother.

FFG is online now Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:54 AM   #49
Rabbit

Quote:
Issue with BRDMs is the 14.5mm gun can pen the glass on the humvee. which you can sorta do with the 50cal against the BRDM. Though giving MEC another BRDM-2 probably isn't a bad idea.
I always found the crow humvee v brdm a pretty good balance point.

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:57 AM   #50
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Yeah I mean, Thermals are generally an issue when the top of the food chain assets don't have them. I don't think it matters as much with APCs
When APCs are fighting each other it doesn't matter. Forest maps are an exception. When APCs don't fight, but go for infantry instead, thermal APCs will always be more effective. That's why I think the numbers or types of assets need to be adjusted instead of picking BTR-80 vs LAV-25 or something similar.

Quote:
The View distance on INF is lower then all the other layers. its only 800 meters.
Still, no zoom on a map where normal engagement with APC is 200+ meters. Of course I can shoot up to 500m ranges myself but unless you have a 1080p monitor, good luck going past that first 100m.

I just see putting those jeep-style APCs on big maps as pointless.

Quote:
Yes, one of the only advantages of the BRDM in that fight is the HE/AP rounds. Then the disadvantages for BRDM are: very little zoom, no thermals, CROWs can hide in smoke and be invincible, CROWs can be impossible to kill in hull-down with only its protector turret visible so he can shoot you, and the CROWs has vehicle smokes to run away any time.

Despite those, the BRDM is still the best way to balance CROWs, as Rabbit said.

Quote:
Standard is seemingly the only layer I've played in the past 2 weeks. I've never experienced either sides APCs be super aggressive. In my experience both teams APC squads tend to focus on killing the ATGM vehicles and then by the time they've done that INF squads have TOWs up and kill them anyways.
US has more assets and they are more effective than MEC assets. They don't always get used properly, but if they do, MEC is effed. It could be done better.

Quote:
Mats could probably quote some actual numbers, but based on feeling Id say both the 30mm and the 25mm bush master ingame seem to deviate as much as eachother.
Don't know where you picked deviation from, I was talking about zoom on the BMP-2, which makes it better at killing inf than MTLB 30mm.
Last edited by viirusiiseli; 11-29-2017 at 10:08 AM..

Tags
feedback, khamisiyah