project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
17 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2014, 09:57 AM   #31
[R-CON]LiamBai
PR Tournament Admin
PR Server License Moderator

Default Re: Khamisiyah feedback

I'd definitely agree with the above, or adding a number of permanent rallies around the map.

Liam: $ mkdir .ssh && chmod 700 .ssh
Vista: $: command not found
[R-CON]LiamBai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 03:02 PM   #32
AFsoccer
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

The insurgents can build hideouts without any requirements (i.e. crates) so why is this so hard? As stated in other posts, people get on Insurgents and the part of their brain used for teamwork turns off while the part for asshaterry turns on. So place some hideouts. They're small, easy to hide, and don't need any crates.

AFsoccer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:01 PM   #33
[R-CON]LiamBai
PR Tournament Admin

The problem is that due to the open nature of the map, a large number of caches can only be reenforced by one hideout. If that gets overerun, that's it; you can't really move through the desert to get back.

For a cache in chem wep or some it's alright, but at demo pit you can only build one FOB that won't get demolished by a Bradley at long range, for example. Without APCs(>.50) this would be less of a problem, I think.

I do completely understand your point, but playing this map recently, even when we had three good hideouts for a cache, it didn't last very long due them getting annihilated quickly.

Liam: $ mkdir .ssh && chmod 700 .ssh
Vista: $: command not found
Last edited by [R-CON]LiamBai; 09-28-2014 at 06:08 PM..
Old 09-29-2014, 12:11 AM   #34
Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry-Chicken View Post
We played Khamisiyah INS INF tonight with insurgents instead of MEC. The INS team gave us a hard time but the view distance made the IFVs just OP and US won with +250 tickets.
IMO remove the IFVs, the view distance gives enough advantage for BLUFOR - few uparmored HMMWVs with .50cals or Mk.19s should be more than enought. And for the INS team more Rocket Techies and at least 3 SPGs, since it is pretty much the only scope they have.

Curry.
I'd say either remove IFVs or add the techies, but not both.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:42 AM   #35
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

Imo replacing USMC with US Army and just using strykers would help already. The AAVP and especially the LAV are just too strong.
[R-DEV]Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:57 AM   #36
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Specially the AAVP. I can agree with Mats that a faction change might help this layout.

[R-DEV]Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:48 AM   #37
Curry
Supporting Member

The Stryker has this crazy zoom and is able to snipe every RPG before even getting close to it. IMO add a SPG techie, two rocket techies as well as some more .50s. The US should get a couple Mk.19 Humvee's and maybe a CROW Humvee.
By that viewdistance a half decent CO can spot every INS vehicle, a bombcar has no chance to take down a Stryker in the open.
Sure the INS team can't 'bleed' the US side by taking down their armor but to be honest I doubt that those few tickets will make a difference or the INS team capable of killing the armor .

Curry.

Curry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 01:40 PM   #38
matty1053

After playing in a local server... (I tend to do this couple of times to get idea where to put deployable assets, or I am just feeling lonely.) I was on STD STD layout. The US assets are of course superior compared to the MEC's BMP 2's.

How about adding a BRDM-2 AT variant? (Is it the spandrel? Sorry, I do not have much knowledge on Russian Vehicles.)
Or the one below...

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:54 PM   #39
Murphy

I find the BMP-2M to be superior to the Bradley, and the Abrams usually trumps the T72 (a good T72 crew with the first shot can still easily win) so for balancing armor it feels pretty spot on for the AAS aspects. The MEC have a more capable IFV, and the US get a better tank but both of these assets are just slightly better than their counter-part making this one of the more symmetrically balanced maps in rotation.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 02:11 AM   #40
matty1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
I find the BMP-2M to be superior to the Bradley, and the Abrams usually trumps the T72 (a good T72 crew with the first shot can still easily win) so for balancing armor it feels pretty spot on for the AAS aspects. The MEC have a more capable IFV, and the US get a better tank but both of these assets are just slightly better than their counter-part making this one of the more symmetrically balanced maps in rotation.
The BMP2 does have a great firerate comparing to the Bradley! So, a BMP could kill a bradley quickly with AP loaded.

And it also depends on the mentality of the asset operator(s)!!
May the smartest operators win.

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
feedback, khamisiyah