project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
20 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2014, 02:11 PM   #21
[R-CON]UTurista
PR:BF2 Contributor
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Default Re: Khamisiyah feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry-Chicken View Post
-snip-
Another solution, assuming that the mapper only wants the MEC to defend, would be the adding a delay on the Bradley.

I'm guessing this asymmetric balance is to compensate the fact that the MEC team have almost all the flags, unfortunately there's no spawn points and logistics in those flags so a proper defense is never accomplish and those Bradleys simply rape everything.

Adding a delay on heavy assets, "The issue with immediate assets on maps", would make this layout much more enjoyable.

Dont question the wikipedia! Just because it reports different things on different languages does not make it unreliable source!
[R-CON]UTurista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:22 PM   #22
AFsoccer
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Thanks guys. I'll look at the assets again.

Feedback is always appreciated.

AFsoccer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:52 PM   #23
AFsoccer
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

When the next update comes out, you'll notice that both Bradleys are now gone. I replaced one with another Stryker and the other with a Stryker mk19 (grenade launcher). I also added a temporary MEC rally to the bunker complex, but no crate or vehicle (to prevent rushing), so players spawning there will still need to wait for a crate via helicopter to get special kits.

The US Army still gets 50 extra tickets so it should be pretty even. It'll also make the infantry layer more infantry focused with just .50 cal APCs.

AFsoccer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:06 PM   #24
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

wow, great! Thanks for you responsiveness, AF!

[R-MOD]Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:30 PM   #25
Curry
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AFsoccer View Post
When the next update comes out, you'll notice that both Bradleys are now gone. I replaced one with another Stryker and the other with a Stryker mk19 (grenade launcher). I also added a temporary MEC rally to the bunker complex, but no crate or vehicle (to prevent rushing), so players spawning there will still need to wait for a crate via helicopter to get special kits.

The US Army still gets 50 extra tickets so it should be pretty even. It'll also make the infantry layer more infantry focused with just .50 cal APCs.
That sounds awesome!

cheers,
Curry.

Curry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:15 AM   #26
matty1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AFsoccer View Post

Mk19 STRYKER?!??!!

*passes out*

But that sounds neat!!! Only if servers play the INF layout more often... I tried it out on a local server once.

BTW, where the gas station is on the map... near oil fields...

Can you add a bigger village in there? IT would seem much better.

A few more buildings would be great. IT would be great, I can see it now, MEC lauching attack from it on oil fields... Plus it provides a great regroup area.

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:23 PM   #27
Killer2354

One thing I've noticed on the map is that it is practically the only map with aircraft on it where the mains have no type of mapper based AA, whether it be Self-Propelled Guns or SAM sites. Or both. The insurgency layer of the map also seems very out of place with a good amount of caches out in the open. And with MEC as the ones defending the cache... a T55 vs an Abrams and a (soon to be replaced) Bradley and A10 is kind of overkill. Didn't check which BMP they have because it never lives long enough to do anything.
Killer2354 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:55 PM   #28
X-Alt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer2354 View Post
One thing I've noticed on the map is that it is practically the only map with aircraft on it where the mains have no type of mapper based AA, whether it be Self-Propelled Guns or SAM sites. Or both. The insurgency layer of the map also seems very out of place with a good amount of caches out in the open. And with MEC as the ones defending the cache... a T55 vs an Abrams and a (soon to be replaced) Bradley and A10 is kind of overkill. Didn't check which BMP they have because it never lives long enough to do anything.
Bradley is being removed for AAS inf layout. I had tons of fun with the Bradley (while teaching a first-game player how to crew APCs), and the T-62 did manage to take a Abrams with it, and one of our M2s got hit by an BMP-2M, which we later took down with ours.
X-Alt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:41 PM   #29
Curry
Supporting Member

We played Khamisiyah INS INF tonight with insurgents instead of MEC. The INS team gave us a hard time but the view distance made the IFVs just OP and US won with +250 tickets.
IMO remove the IFVs, the view distance gives enough advantage for BLUFOR - few uparmored HMMWVs with .50cals or Mk.19s should be more than enought. And for the INS team more Rocket Techies and at least 3 SPGs, since it is pretty much the only scope they have.

Curry.

Curry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:07 PM   #30
Buschpilot453
Supporting Member

To add opfor needs more transport vehicles. After half an hour in the game there was no car in main left. Also you might want to put respawnable cars araound all compounds like bunker area or chem weapons aswell.
Buschpilot453 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
feedback, khamisiyah