project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
22 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #41
Henrique_Dalben
Banned
Default Re: Muttrah City

Soooo... The 30mm MTLB is giving the US team a hard time and you want to replace it with a BMP-2? Neither the LAV nor the AAV can take the 30mm MTLB head on, nor can they engage the scorpion, that 25mm is seriously underpowered. To "fix" the APC balance, USMC should get a TOW humvee.
Henrique_Dalben is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:19 AM   #42
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.SirBond View Post
In my opinion, smaller flags would be better for this map, and more flags please. I noticed when North City was divided into 2 flags, the gameplay was a lot better, but for some strange reason, sometimes it reverts back to older flag settings.
As per here: Muttrah City (v2) v1.0 GPO Updates - Project Reality Forums
The Standard layer has only one flag at North City, the Large layer has the two flags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique_Dalben View Post
Neither the LAV nor the AAV can take the 30mm MTLB head on, nor can they engage the scorpion, that 25mm is seriously underpowered. To "fix" the APC balance, USMC should get a TOW humvee.
rgr cheers will have to look into that. Before they could both take it on since the MTLB had really thin armour but we have been messing with the damage code of projectiles somewhat and might have screwed this up.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:35 AM   #43
dtacs
Supporting Member

I don't think one upping each teams assets each time there's an issue - like adding a TOW Humvee - is a good idea. The assets at the moment need to be completely revamped. Even though its garbage, the AAV is the realistic choice for the map and can't be removed.

The modular nature of the MTLB is a good choice but I think it needs to be focused on more as an APC, as with the current layout all three variants (PKT, .50, 30MM) they are simply killing platforms, which is what almost every other APC in PR has become.

One thing I've noticed is that the almost unanimous deciding factor in an APC's use as a killing machine is its zoom ability. The KPV MTLB can't zoom, and I've seen it used also exclusively behind the frontlines.

It may be worth considering supplementing the current offense-centric vehicles (LAV, Beast) with some vehicles with weaker armament. I once saw references of a Russian MTLB which has the same 30mm grenade launcher used by Russian infantry, and is also used on the BMP-2M and BMP-T. It could be a viable vehicle to take on the AAV and could make for some fun situations.

Just my two cents on the situation.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #44
xambone

Send a message via MSN to xambone Send a message via Skype™ to xambone

I used to hate the AAV Dtacs, but now they adjusted the sound and fixed the nade launcher so it doesnt over heat as fast. I wish we could use the MG and Nade at the same time. It would solve alot of problems with armor with out having to do much else. Currently you have to switch.

xambone is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #45
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xambone View Post
I used to hate the AAV Dtacs, but now they adjusted the sound and fixed the nade launcher so it doesnt over heat as fast. I wish we could use the MG and Nade at the same time. It would solve alot of problems with armor with out having to do much else. Currently you have to switch.
Ye, iirc that was done because of realism but on many other armoured vehicles such as the Challenger 2, you can't fire the Coaxial also while able to fire the main gun at the same time like you can ingame, which was done for gameplay purposes and possibly the same really should be true for the AAVP too.

CR2 gunner controller, note the central switch changes between Coax, off and main gun.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:00 AM   #46
ghostfool84
Supporting Member

It is intended that the windows of the mosque top are bulletproof? I was on top and tried to kill an enemy inside and wasted like 2 magazines G3 ammo on the window but it didnt broke.

edit: Belongs to his own thread but wanted to ask first: Whats about the windows in the Barracuda Airport Tower on the 2nd floor (the one with the door to the balkony/rooftop). You cant shoot from inside to outside but can get shot from the outside. Its an old problem but i couldnt find a report about that.

[KSK]
Last edited by ghostfool84; 09-10-2013 at 06:05 AM..
Old 09-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #47
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostfool84 View Post
It is intended that the windows of the mosque top are bulletproof? I was on top and tried to kill an enemy inside and wasted like 2 magazines G3 ammo on the window but it didnt broke.
Do you mean the windows on the front of the mosque as there are no windows on the roof? If so then no, they are not but I just looked at their materials and for some reason, they didn't have a penetrable material selected so I've given them one so now you should be able to shoot though them with bullets.

Old 09-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #48
ghostfool84
Supporting Member

I meant the windows on the cupola ontop of the mosque.

[KSK]
ghostfool84 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #49
Hurricane
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty1053 View Post
Or:

Give the MEC 2 Anti Air vehicles. (Mobile ones, like on Kashan), and 1 Scorpian and 1 BMP2, that will solve the issues with the USMC having.
So ... your solution to the MEC vehicle pool being too powerful against US helicopters (which is purely your opinion, and I strongly disagree here) is to replace it with a vehicle pool significantly more effective against helicopters? Where's the logic in that?

Hurricane is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:07 PM   #50
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Bumpy, so what do you guys think of the changes I made to Muttrah in v1.1?

Changelog:
  • AAS 128, 64 & 16: Added Enter Vehicle Spawns to docks, which means if there is a freindly vehicle spawned there, you can spawn into it and if not you can't spawn on that spawn point. Note if you spawn into the LAV you need to get out quickly before the python code kills you for not having a crewman kit.
  • AAS 128: increased MV-22 respawn time from 15mins to 20mins
  • AAS 64: made MV-22 non-respawnable
  • AAS 128: Linked Easy and West City Centre flags together so once both the North City flags are captured they are both attackable which should make it easier for the USMC to push forward.
  • AAS 128 & 64: Increased Scorpion Spawn time from 15mins to 20mins
  • AAS 128 & 64: Increased 30mm MTLB spawn time from 12mins 30secs to 15mins
  • AAS 128: Increased South City Team 1 Capture time from 2mins to 2mins 30secs
  • AAS 64: Increased South City Team 1 Capture time from 1min 30secs to 2mins
  • AAS 128, Added another Logi Truck Spawn to Docks with a 10min delayed spawn so you get two trucks 10mins after capping docks with a third spawning 10mins later, assuming that both the first two survive that 10mins till the thrid spawns.
  • AAS 64 & 16, Increased the current Docks Logi Truck Spawn to spawn a max nr of two Logi Trucks from its spawn.
  • Core: AAVP7A1 can now fire both its Mk19 and 50cal at the same time though left and right click which should make it a slightly more effective vehicle.

And the Layer Setups:
Code:
AAS - Large ( 128 )
USMC:
USS Essex: 1x Attack Huey (No Respawn) 1x Attack Cobra (15 min Delayed Spawn) 3x AAVP7A1 (7min 30sec Respawn) 1x MV-22 Osprey (20min Respawn) 2x Transport Huey (5min Respawn) 1x Transport Huey - M240D Door Guns (5min Respawn) 1x Transport Huey - M240D Door Guns (No Respawn) 2x RHIBs (2min Respawn, max of 5 to spawn on each spawn point, total of 10) Docks: 1x Logi Truck (10min Delayed Spawn, max of 2) 1x Logi Truck (10min Delayed Spawn) 1x LAV-25 (15min Delayed Spawn) 1x HMMWV (10min Delayed Spawn)
MEC:
Fort (MEC Main) 1x Transport Trucks (5min Respawn) 4x Transport Trucks (No Respawn) 4x CO Artillery (30min Delayed Spawn) South City (all vehicles spawn at the Fort Spawn) 3x Logi Trucks (5min Respawn) 1x UAZ Support Jeep (15min Respawn) 1x MT-LB (No Respawn) 1x MT-LB HMG (7min 30sec Respawn) 3x BTR-60 (10min Delayed Spawn) 1x MT-LB 30mm (15min Delayed Spawn) 1x FV101 Scorpion (20min Delayed Spawn)
AAS - Standard (64)
USMC:
USS Essex: 1x Attack Huey (No Respawn) 1x Attack Cobra (15 min Delayed Spawn) 2x AAVP7A1 (7min 30sec Respawn) 1x MV-22 Osprey (No Respawn) 2x Transport Huey (5min Respawn) 1x Transport Huey - M240D Door Guns (No Respawn) 2x RHIBs (2min Respawn, max of 5 to spawn on each spawn point, total of 10) Docks: 1x Logi Truck (10min Delayed Spawn, max of 2) 1x LAV-25 (15min Delayed Spawn)
MEC:
Fort (MEC Main) 4x Transport Trucks (No Respawn) 4x CO Artillery (30min Delayed Spawn) South City (all vehicles spawn at the Fort Spawn) 2x Logi Trucks (5min Respawn) 1x UAZ Support Jeep (15min Respawn) 1x MT-LB (No Respawn) 1x MT-LB HMG (7min 30sec Respawn) 2x BTR-60 (10min Delayed Spawn) 1x MT-LB 30mm (15min Delayed Spawn) 1x FV101 Scorpion (20min Delayed Spawn)
AAS - Infantry (16)
USMC:
USS Essex: 1x MV-22 Osprey (15min Respawn) 2x Transport Huey (5min Respawn) 1x Transport Huey - M240D Door Guns (5min Respawn) 2x RHIBs (2min Respawn, max of 5 to spawn on each spawn point, total of 10) Docks: 1x Logi Truck (10min Delayed Spawn, max of 2)
MEC:
Fort (MEC Main) 4x Transport Trucks (5min Respawn) 4x CO Artillery (30min Delayed Spawn) South City (all vehicles spawn at the Fort Spawn) 2x Logi Trucks (5min Respawn) 1x UAZ Support Jeep (15min Respawn)

Tags
city, muttrah