project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
19 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #31
Predator.v2

Default Re: Muttrah City

I think there are too many apcs as well.

With the reduction in HAT kits (it "feels" much less than before, because now it is almost impossible to request an HAT kit when you would need one, as it is always in use), the nerfed cobra hellfires and the thickened apc front armor, i see MEC apcs roaming wild around the city. The SMAW might be a nice idea, but you would really need two of them to compete with one Eryx.

Predator.v2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:12 AM   #32
matty1053

Reduce Amount of Apc mec get then I love mootrah

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #33
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty1053 View Post
Reduce Amount of Apc mec get then I love mootrah
I'm sorry but can you be more specific? I'm not going to do anything on that feedback as I want to know what the problems are not what you think are the solutions as I can work them out for myself. If you've seen MEC APCs steam rolling the US team then I would like to know why you think that is happening, where it happened and what your team was doing, etc.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #34
Rabbit

I have to say new layers would be nice when this level gets updated and made into muttrah 3.0. I would really like to see a VW mode with tanks and I also think this is one of the few levels CNC would actually work out wonderfully.

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:43 AM   #35
xambone

Send a message via MSN to xambone Send a message via Skype™ to xambone

The ability to kill the MTLB/Scorpian and BTR's with the AAV offers little confidence. The Guns seem like, Well this will distract them for a while before they kill me.

Having said that, The 3 AAV's and LAV are perfect don't second guess yourself. The Scorp and beast rolling together are terrifying but with so many players we can still get around and challenge flags without to much losses. 3 BTR's is nice as well.

Probally the biggest change you could do for Muttrah would be to age the conflict since its been out for several years.

That would give you the same map but you could put two or three of the tall T buildings from Beirut into the Construction area. Make Construction a flag. Make Suburbs a flag. These are two areas that get action but only take players away from the "capping" zones. You could include these two flags as optional/random like so many maps include.

TWO logi's at repair are amazing but so many people dont know there are two. I have to get out of my AAV and move the first one so the 2nd can spawn. Just have it spawn nearby.

Lately I have thought about even having a 30player limit spawn at the Repair station. No vehicles just infantry landing.

If you did "age" the map and bring in new buildings you could also do the flaming cars/bTR/AAV foxholes scattered to change the movement of troops/ifv in the city. Can you imagine Diving into a foxhole that is fixed part of the map?

Night time? Just replace the Moons position where the Suns is ? no shadow changes? I dont know if it works like that. Nighttime Fires would be attractive.

Good luck

xambone is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:49 AM   #36
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

cheers, just talking about gameplay here, I know what I want to do for "Muttrah v2.5" but the question is if I'll ever get round to it since I've got a lot of work to finish and lots more I still want to do. And yes part of my Muttrah v2.5 plans is to make a night layer, but if I did it I would do much more than "make it dark", more like what I did with the Falklands night.

(although different coloured lights would be a bit of an issue since BF2 can only have one colour of "point light" but might be able to work around it)

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 09-03-2013 at 12:56 AM..
Old 09-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #37
Wheres_my_chili

That would be just awesome, rhino.
Wheres_my_chili is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #38
[R-DEV]rPoXoTauJIo
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]rPoXoTauJIo

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
(although different coloured lights would be a bit of an issue since BF2 can only have one colour of "point light" but might be able to work around it)
A bit odd that electrical power weren't cut off

[R-DEV]rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #39
007.SirBond

In my opinion, smaller flags would be better for this map, and more flags please. I noticed when North City was divided into 2 flags, the gameplay was a lot better, but for some strange reason, sometimes it reverts back to older flag settings.

007.SirBond is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #40
matty1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
I'm sorry but can you be more specific? I'm not going to do anything on that feedback as I want to know what the problems are not what you think are the solutions as I can work them out for myself. If you've seen MEC APCs steam rolling the US team then I would like to know why you think that is happening, where it happened and what your team was doing, etc.
Why give mec a MTLB?

They have a scorpian, which is more then powerful for that map.

The MTLB's constantly camp at docks while taking our choppers out. So, it's a bad idea for the MEC to have MTLB(s). I think that 3 BMP2's can replace the MEC's APC's. I mean seriously, the AAV can't take out crap with the arment on it.

It's like having a Cat vs a ANT, who will win? of course the cat.... unless it's a wussy.

Or:

Give the MEC 2 Anti Air vehicles. (Mobile ones, like on Kashan), and 1 Scorpian and 1 BMP2, that will solve the issues with the USMC having.

It's impossible to win the USMC unless you got all epic pilots and gunners for the cas.... it's a pain to find that now. But the main issue is, when the USMC reach Docks.... the MEc will be waiting at North City with APC's.

Plus it takes a while for the flippen AAV7p to get to the shore. unless you use sp33d h@x.

Also, let me add.... The HAT kits are a pain to own. 1 hat kid for one side that has to face I think 7-8 APC's? It's nearly impossible, unless you got a decent implacement of a TOW somewhere good placed. But you know how hard it is to actually win as the USMC casue of the APC's MEC recieves.
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
city, muttrah