project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
22 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #21
(SWE)HASSETHEONE

Default Re: Muttrah City

Muttrah City in INS with the MEC team and regular old fashioned pr insurgents as the redfor would be pretty amazing. Maybe even the construction site removed and a sandbag caste like Korengal blufor main replaced instead?
(SWE)HASSETHEONE is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:10 AM   #22
Cushing63

I remember when someone was testing the 80-100man server last year, on Muttrah. It was non-stop action. No way to really sneak past anyone if defenses were spread out appropriately. Map just isnt' big enough.

It really allowed you to play as a team and for squads to work together because we were so close to eachother.

It was almost COD, MWR, BF3 pace of fighting with teamwork of PR.
Cushing63 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #23
Wing Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
The city is regarded as pretty clean for the ME.
Hey Rhino, the map looks just like that picture, it was freaking me out for a second, I thought the pic you posted was a secretly updated Mattrah map for a second, then it slowly sunk in that it is a real picture. The Muttrah map looks just like the real thing, awesome.

I don't care about dirt, I love the map personally.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #24
FoxtrotFaulkner

I love the addition of the Scorpion. That is a very powerful addition to the MEC.

I also was very happy to see the LAV's brought back out of retirement for the USMC.

The APC fights on the map have been great. With fewer HAT kits and rarer FOB emplacements (small crate's instead of big crates, Osprey being unreliable or basically un-usable on a majority of the map) the vehicles tend to last a bit longer and have a chance to skirmish one another as well as move troops/fight troops.

The added/split flags were a great addition, too. More options for attacking/defending, and different cap radius' to learn and use.

Not all was great though for Muttrah in 1.0, IMO. As you read in its specific thread, and somewhat above (in relation to supply amounts) I think the Osprey was forced into this map and is does not work here. It is usually a ticket bleed for the US and takes another pilot from a huey which would probably be put to better use. Its a great thing to fly and fits perfect roles in other maps, though, but I'm talking about it in relation to Muttrah City, it should be removed.

All in all, not perfect but a definite net positive for Muttrah City in PR 1.0.
FoxtrotFaulkner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #25
dtacs
Supporting Member

East City needs to be attackable when the USMC has the north flags. The current flag layout is extremely imbalanced and difficuly for the US to defend two flags whilst the MEC have to focus on one.

The entire round our team struggled to take West City due to the amount of MEC players there, even when they had ample amounts of infantry attacking our flags.

And the Osprey is self explanatory, its just not worth taking unfortunately. Should really be reserved for 4km maps, or maps where the only points of interest are urban.

My 2c.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #26
[R-CON]Spook
PR Tournament Management
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.A.Sharps View Post
Hey Rhino, the map looks just like that picture, it was freaking me out for a second, I thought the pic you posted was a secretly updated Mattrah map for a second, then it slowly sunk in that it is a real picture. The Muttrah map looks just like the real thing, awesome.

I don't care about dirt, I love the map personally.
Take a closer look here if you want

Btw I cannot believe you removed the old loading track you monsters! ... new one is cool, but meh...

[R-CON]Spook is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:57 AM   #27
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to DesmoLocke Send a message via Skype™ to DesmoLocke

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotFaulkner View Post
The APC fights on the map have been great. With fewer HAT kits and rarer FOB emplacements (small crate's instead of big crates, Osprey being unreliable or basically un-usable on a majority of the map) the vehicles tend to last a bit longer and have a chance to skirmish one another as well as move troops/fight troops.
Does anyone remember the epic APC duels on Muttrah with the old BTR-90? Two LAV-25s vs two BTR-90s before the addition of TOW emplacements for FOBs made the APC squads rather important in winning a match. Not to say they aren't in the current version.

And and I agree with dtac's points above. Having the East City flag attackable by the USMC would ensure it would take greater coordination on MEC's part to effectively defend their city.

I would be interested in seeing what Rhino thinks about it.

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #28
TheParadoX
Supporting Member

First time Muttrah in 1.0 for me: It is too crowded ! Th map needs to be enlarged, it is too narrow for 100 players ! At some point in the middle, two walls of ennemies will face each other, camping with heavy machine guns, ironically rendering the game very static. My 2 cents
TheParadoX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #29
saamohod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheParadoX View Post
First time Muttrah in 1.0 for me: It is too crowded ! Th map needs to be enlarged, it is too narrow for 100 players ! At some point in the middle, two walls of ennemies will face each other, camping with heavy machine guns, ironically rendering the game very static. My 2 cents
Сan't confirm. I played this map several times in 1.0 and it ran the usual way. Yes, one can feel the increased level of fighting, but it wasn't static in any way.
saamohod is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #30
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

BTW guys one area I'm really looking for feedback on is the current APC/light tank balancing since the Mk19s on the AAVP7s (and normal ones) have been tweaked and have people been able to use the LAV-25 from the docks effectively etc? I'm a little worried that the current setup with the Scorpion for the MEC means that they are steam rolling the US's APCs quite a bit, especially with many squads opting out of even using the AAVP7 (at least before they where fixed up).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
East City needs to be attackable when the USMC has the north flags. The current flag layout is extremely imbalanced and difficuly for the US to defend two flags whilst the MEC have to focus on one.

The entire round our team struggled to take West City due to the amount of MEC players there, even when they had ample amounts of infantry attacking our flags.

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/7270/gxex.jpg
You mean linking the West and East City centre flags into one group? Humm, could work for the large layer, not sure why I didn't think of doing it before now you mention it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
And the Osprey is self explanatory, its just not worth taking unfortunately. Should really be reserved for 4km maps, or maps where the only points of interest are urban.
I still feel the MV-22 plays a large role in the map, but I am thinking for my next update that I'll be making it no-respawnable as I've said a few times before in other topics as its main role is initial logistics into the docks, after that it isn't so important since you have the logi trucks spawning etc but still can be used effectively by a good pilot, which if he's a good pilot he should be able to keep it up for some time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheParadoX View Post
The map isn't getting any bigger.

For starters the city is already 1:1 scale to what it is in real life, so if I made it any bigger then it would be just to include more surrounding area, which I couldn't really include without changing how the map plays completely and I don't think it would work too well either: https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Mut...gl=uk&t=h&z=16

Secondly, the city wouldn't work with scale 4 terrain, its hard enough doing things like the sea wall and other parts of the map off the grid in scale 2 where the terrain even creeps though some of the city walls but doing it in scale 4 would mean that not even the sea wall would work, as well as many other problems...

Thirdly I don't have the time to work on fixing up the map, although hopefully at some point in the future I'll work on giving it some more detail etc and doing the things I never got round to doing in the first place but before then I've got to finish off a lot of other work first so its unlikely I'll ever get round to fixing up Muttrah for "v2.5" but we will see.

But you can always play the map on smaller servers if you don't like 100 players on a map. But I've found it not to be a problem myself, in fact most people enjoy the more densely packed combat.

[R-DEV]Rhino is online now Reply With Quote

Tags
city, muttrah