project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
01 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
Anderson29
Supporting Member

Default kokan v.97 feedback

alright, i have been building this feedback for quite a while. it involves some minor work to fix (or make better imo) that i think could be done in a very short amount of time. most of the feedback i have involves terrain attributes and some minor things for balance regarding the dishkas.

kokan 2k map.
far too often i see vehicles of both factions just cruising all through the fields through out this map which is unrealistic in my opinion. and since (im guessing here) the bf2 engine cant simulate loose dirt or mud, what i suggest is making the terrain in the kokan fields similar to the fields in korengal valley, which is very bumpy and if sped through would cause damage to the vehicle.... {view attachment photo to see what i am talking about}

in my opinion roads are created for a reason...a smooth path for vehicles to traverse the land with greater speed and without damage. so when all terrain is flat like kashan then the roads serve little to no purpose other than navigating around impassable terrain and obstacles and with the fields not having any bumps, reduction in speed or any other type of hindrance...then you have people driving through the fields of kokan because its just as fast (if not faster) and smooth as driving on the road which leads to unrealistic driving behavior in-game.

now for the balance aspect of kokan. in this regard i only have a problem with the standard version because the alternate with the canadians is pretty fair & therefore hardly ever played. now im cool with all the techies that spawn by the quad cannon and would rather them spawn at main but there is not 1 gun techi that respawns once destroyed. there should be at least 1 that respawns in main or the ones at the quad need to respawn like the ammo techi does. because with out gun techies the kiowas own, unless you know how to take advantage of the stinger cuz the strella is just about useless. but if you choose not to let the gun techies to respawn then maybe take 1 of the kiowa out. to even things up a bit.
Attached Thumbnails
screen006.jpg   screen015.jpg   screen016.jpg  

in-game name : Anderson29
steam : Anderson2981
Anderson29 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:59 PM   #2
40mmrain
Supporting Member

Default re: kokan v.97 feedback

Kokan is actually a 1KM map. Which, personally I have distaste for. I dont find kokan to be poorly balanced, but I find it to be... the same all the time. I really think it ought to be a 2x2, that would improve it greatly

though I agree the quad cannon area is a bit of a farce, it's pure chance whether or not you can get there before the kiowa annihilates everything
40mmrain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:41 AM   #3
KiloJules

AFAIK Kokan is indeed a 2 km map although the scale on the minimap shows the 75 m instead of the 150 m it should show. Also half of the map is not used but still it I believe it is 2 km.

Regarding the AA area...I agree having the techi spawn in main would be way better, "more realistic" and only fair. Even if there is a rally spawn at the beginning of the round it is kinda stupid that the talibanese had to take care of all these vehicles (8+ men) right at the beginning instead of taking/using them when they are needed. Often enough they just sit there getting destroyed cause people are busy elsewhere.
KiloJules is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:01 AM   #4
spiked_rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson29 View Post
far too often i see vehicles of both factions just cruising all through the fields through out this map which is unrealistic in my opinion. and since (im guessing here) the bf2 engine cant simulate loose dirt or mud, what i suggest is making the terrain in the kokan fields similar to the fields in korengal valley, which is very bumpy and if sped through would cause damage to the vehicle.}
AFAIK, the BF2 engine can simulate different materials like loose dirt and mud. But I deffinatley think you're right about making the fields more bumpy to encourage players to use the roads more. Good suggestion.
spiked_rye is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:04 AM   #5
Microwaife

I think the idea with the bumpy fields is perfect. It would make the IED/Mines more usefull.
Microwaife is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #6
SShadowFox

I just want to see the US Layer having Chinook, far as I know in Afghan the US most use the Chinook as main helicopter as the Black Hawk is not good in the Afghan altitude, correct me if i'm wrong.

Edit - Turning the terrain bumpy can turn more harder to the helicopters to land.
SShadowFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #7
Anderson29
Supporting Member

Project Reality: BF2 v0.96 Map Image Gallery
says there its 2km.

and i know the engine can simulate the sound....but can it physically impact a vehicle's speed?

and yeah it would make landing choppers a little difficult but they could just hover, land on a road, or do a water drop. but in real life a chopper wouldnt land in a field where they could not see the ground to ensure its flat or would be scouted out before hand and designated as an LZ
its not that blackhawk is not good in altitude, its that it cant carry as many troops as the chinook. chinook is used primarily for large troop transport for army and marines and blackhawk is used primarily for small teams and medivac. i could see 1 blackhawk, 1 chinook, and 1 kiowa being on u.s. army in kokan.

in-game name : Anderson29
steam : Anderson2981
Anderson29 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #8
Pronck
Supporting Member

I would say, give the mapper or even a community mapper the chance to use more of the maps size by making a few bigger villages with farmland around it like lashkar. And I would also recommended restructuring the main base so the vehicles have more space to move around since it is still to tight in my opinion. The same thing for the BLUFOR base since it is a little bit to tight to prepare for bigger troop movements.
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #9
speedazz

Send a message via Skype™ to speedazz

I did actually like idea about fields. Yes it would be harder for helis to land, but if you are a good pilot you can easily land helis on the roads and inside the compounds

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
speedazz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:31 PM   #10
SShadowFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedazz View Post
I did actually like idea about fields. Yes it would be harder for helis to land, but if you are a good pilot you can easily land helis on the roads and inside the compounds
If a Taliban Sapper know that a chopper will land on certain position, he will put IEDs and stuff, if the chopper don't land, it still can be used against enemy armor/light vehicle turning a little bit better for the sapper and harder to the coalition.
Last edited by SShadowFox; 06-21-2012 at 02:42 PM..

Tags
change, dishka, feedback, fields, insurgent, kokan, spawn, techie, techies, v97