project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
22 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
BloodyDeed
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default [100p] 128p Map Layer Feedback

Use this thread to share your feedback about the modified 128p layers of the maps.

Other 100p discussion threads:

General 100p feedback: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f252...ml#post1780520
Administrative feedback (PRTA): http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f29-...h-america.html
Rallypoint changes: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f252...llypoints.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by BloodyDeed; 07-06-2012 at 07:50 PM..
Old 06-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #2
CommunistComma
Banned
Default Re: [100p] 128p Map Layer Feedback

I found that Black Gold 128 was way to asset heavy and didn't leave infantry with much of a chance, the CAS is a minor problem against infantry but the large amount of armour left infantry with little ability to compete.
We were playing with only half the intended player count and our own armour was not the brightest (that of course being an understatement) so that might skew my view, but that's just what I found.
CommunistComma is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
Stealth Clobber

Pavlovsk Bay. US get 3 cobras, 1 CAS Huey, 2 Amtraks's (from what I saw).

Russia gets 1 APC and 1 AAV.

How is this fair?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Stealth Clobber; 06-17-2012 at 05:46 PM..
Old 06-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #4
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Yeah, I think the cobras were my bad - I think there was a respawn time issue there.

Though 170-0 wasn't that bad a score imo, especially since the Russians barely touched their AA assets :P

[R-DEV]Rudd is online now Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
Stealth Clobber

Well I can't speak for the rest of the team there, but there was someone manning the quad cannon at East Beach for as long as I was there. The AA gunner was probably just killed off by the 1 or 2 Amtrak's lobbing 40mm into East Beach from 500m away with their thermals while the 3 cobras strafed us. Our stay wasn't long because we requested supplies 3-4 times and the chopper pilot flying nearby said Negative, so we couldn't set up a FOB until the Marines had already capped the flag. By the time we got into East Beach to clear it out and retake it, the Marines grayed Derevnya because barely anybody was defending; same thing happened for the next 2-3 flags (including Comms Station thanks to a certain helicopter crash )

I found it funny as well how someone on the US side was complaining about how the Russians could spawn in on East Beach off the pre-set rally point and start the bleed almost immediately. At least you could set up a fob 200m SW of the flag not 2 minutes later...

The loss was due to bad defense sure, but I'd say the lack of supplies at East Beach really spearheaded the Russian defeat.

Last edited by Stealth Clobber; 06-17-2012 at 05:57 PM..
Old 06-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
Stealthgato

Actually one guy in a ZPU killed the entire crew inside of an AAVP and only the gunner survived, still managed to save it though.

Stealthgato is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #7
CopyCat

There is big difference between crying, whining and complaining.

This is merely a feedback and thoughts about Pavlovsk Bay and suggestion for big scale teamwork games/events/clan wars or tournament.

Remove the Rally points on each flag for Russians - This will give the opportunity for USMC land on shores without stress and panic because they started bleeding 2 - 5 minutes before they landed on the beach head.

Delay the spawn time for "Cobra" to ..:43 minutes into the game and remove 1 Cobra as it is too over powered.

Set 1 30mm BTR80a for Russians and 1 BTR80 14mm (if I'm not mistaken) and add some MTLB's (None 30mm Cannon)

2 Transport Helicopters for Russia - Perfect for not abusing them but at the same time available as 2 due to flag layouts being scattered and the size of the map.

Reduce the amount of tickets to start with for US - because 'til they capped first flag Russians will be in positions to counter attack and there is no risk at that amount of tickets that Russians will take the flag first to start the bleed (Otherwise USMC will start with to high amount of tickets

My thoughts,
By removing the the rally points will give Russian team to spawn in as organized team and on same location and move out as a convoy to scatter the logistics across the map at the same time to transport infantry to their designated staging areas with crates where they will be able to set their own fob and move out to the objectives. I believe this kind of set/layout will bring more satisfaction then the current one. Due to a very good teamwork and communication on US side (yesterday) and less of that on Russian side (I believe or what I've heard) - US were able to set a strong foot hold on the ground. Plus barely any fobs for Russians any close to the flags and their complications on logistic units USMC out capped Russians very fast due to being able to have very good coordination and map control with their air superiority.

And if by any chance Russia will outcapp eventually USMC, US wont have so easy to take the flag back due to only having 1 Cobra up and 2 AAVP-7 gives less chance to stand vs Russian armored vehicles.

Thoughts and suggestion is appreciated ^^ Please keep the criticism constructive.

/CC
CopyCat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:01 AM   #8
Arnoldio
Banned

When we first got 128, Kashan 64/32 was good, only lacking transport assets, resulting the team sitting in main. Vehicles were perfect.

I dont know why would one increase the assets because then proportionally it becomes like 64 only with more people around... 87648265862 tanks and one infantry squad.

Im just for increasing transport asset size, with maybe the HAT kits only avaliable in mains thing that was discussed.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:04 AM   #9
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnoldio View Post
When we first got 128, Kashan 64/32 was good, only lacking transport assets, resulting the team sitting in main. Vehicles were perfect.

I dont know why would one increase the assets because then proportionally it becomes like 64 only with more people around... 87648265862 tanks and one infantry squad.

Im just for increasing transport asset size, with maybe the HAT kits only avaliable in mains thing that was discussed.
Amen to that. 64+ players is only fun because of the increased amount of infantry, not bloody assets all over the place.

Focus should lie on light transport assets, such as jeeps and trucks. Not tanks, maybe a few IFVs and APCs and not to many air assets either.

Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #10
[R-CON]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainlaag View Post
Amen to that. 64+ players is only fun because of the increased amount of infantry, not bloody assets all over the place.

Focus should lie on light transport assets, such as jeeps and trucks. Not tanks, maybe a few IFVs and APCs and not to many air assets either.
Can't agree more. We have so much potential with the 128 layers, let's not muck it up with even more assets to whore
[R-CON]Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
100p, 128p, feedback, layer, map