project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
22 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 06:47 AM   #11
Hitman.2.5
Default Re: Karbala and Basrah

I dont like how you have to walk every where as insurgent can we have a ratio of 5 bikes to one insurgent?

Derpist
Hitman.2.5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #12
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

More vehicles for the insurgents just increases the rate of wastage imo, insurgents need a teleport system much more - between their hideouts.

Re Karbala, I definately agree blufor gets too much juice. Remove Tank, remove Kiowas, add a trans helo and another APC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #13
Navo

To be honest, Insurgents should have a number of fixed spawnpoints all over the map. They're insurgents: They live in that city, so it doesn't make sense they only operate out of one place (main) and a series of hideouts.
Navo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #14
spiked_rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo View Post
To be honest, Insurgents should have a number of fixed spawnpoints all over the map. They're insurgents: They live in that city, so it doesn't make sense they only operate out of one place (main) and a series of hideouts.
Nail, head, right on the. . . Can't the ASSv4 system be used to randomise these spawns as well?
spiked_rye is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:37 AM   #15
tankninja1

I don't want Karbala to end up like Basrah were nobody ever plays the tank version of the map, if there is a tank version. The tank isn't that overpowered on this map, usually because bad tank crews get the asset first, about 50% of the time the tank is lost within 20 minutes. It also helps on this map if someone on the insurgent team knowns where the arty ied kit is hidden, but if you know where it is don't go telling all the players in PR because some people will go out into the desert without killing all the bridges first.

Why are there no size 12.5US shoes? Seriously, the f**k?
tankninja1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #16
FLAP_BRBGOING2MOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankninja1 View Post
I don't want Karbala to end up like Basrah were nobody ever plays the tank version of the map, if there is a tank version. The tank isn't that overpowered on this map, usually because bad tank crews get the asset first, about 50% of the time the tank is lost within 20 minutes. It also helps on this map if someone on the insurgent team knowns where the arty ied kit is hidden, but if you know where it is don't go telling all the players in PR because some people will go out into the desert without killing all the bridges first.
yeah, i don't get it i have personally killed the tank so many times on this map. its so easy.

you string up the area north of old main with arty ieds, and mine off the south area, blow the bridges, and then stalk the tank with the bombcar. he either passes blind corners and gets bombcar'd or gets arty'd up north. it just takes a little bit of teamwork, people seem to think one insurgent should be able to kill anything he wants to completely alone.

there, i have totally shot myself in the foot because i love to tank on this map. countering it is a simple as identifying chokepoints and setting ambushes on them.

Ingame name:FLAP.INCmoon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FLAP_BRBGOING2MOON is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #17
Mikemonster

Wouldn't worry about it, assets on Ins side are a free for all, usually the players with no situational awareness get them and drive straight towards the tank over open ground.

I suggested trenches rather than abandoned cars etc because I find it strange to think that NO preperation was done for an assault by Saddam before the U.S. forces arrived.

This goes for almost all maps to be honest. A few networks of trenches and some destroyed military hardware (like the Saxon wreck on Basrah) would spice things up a bit and give the Insurgents a little bit of variation on the flat bits.

Although the flat bits do serve a purpose - they allow the armour to actually be as powerful as it is 'IRL'.

Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:45 AM   #18
Mad-Mike

Al Basrah should never be removed from PR Its alot of players fravourite map and it helps fill servers.
Karbala is a great map aswell but people have different opinions on different maps.

Mad-Mike is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #19
pr|Zer0

Karbala needs overhaul..some more buildings and some terrain modification...basrah is fine the way it is

pr|Zer0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #20
Bradley364

Here is a concept I came up with while reading everyone's comments on Karbala.

Why not take it in a more radical direction, and design the map like some kind of insurgent fortress/city. Using the trenches, while also making the entire place more weathered, more entrenched. Think junkyard metal scraped together to make walls. Also think of creating an environment where the insurgents could have a networks of trenches and walls to effectively pull back when over-run, only to ambush and destroy the American forces.

Obviously I think the assets for the US would then stay the same. Karbala could be an insurgent map that can be known for its intensity and viciousness, as the US needs strong tactics and a hard, coordinated attack if they want to get any foothold in the cities or other fortified areas the mappers could come up with.

Do you know what I mean or am I just crazy?
Last edited by Bradley364; 02-14-2012 at 07:37 PM..

Tags
basrah, karbala