project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #31
Zrix
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Saaremaa - beta event map feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebsif View Post
Its nice, but thats exactly why people hated Wanda Shan.
I don't know, I think the main reasons why some didn't like Wanda was because there were lag issues for a lot of people, the terrain had some derpy areas both for driving and walking, plus infantry had it rough going up against so many vehicles at long range.
The lack of jeeps might also have had something to do with it, but people like Kashan, which doesn't get them. So yeah.

I liked Wanda though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Zrix is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #32
Yosik
Supporting Member

The map is great but in my opinion the forests are way too perfect. They need some broken trees, different sizes of trees(small, mid, enormous randomly spread), grass, different tree lightings/colors etc. Will give it a realistic touch. Other then that, great gameplay.

Btw, is there a way to fix the heli sound bug without changing the view distance? The view distance gives a nice feeling of a forest in the winter time but the sound bug can be annoying sometimes..
Last edited by Yosik; 01-29-2012 at 12:03 PM..
Old 01-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #33
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosik View Post
Btw, is there a way to fix the heli sound bug without changing the view distance? The view distance gives a nice feeling of a forest in the winter time but the sound bug can be annoying sometimes..
Woops, forgot about the file that fixes the sound bugs.

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:32 PM   #34
Kain888
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4on View Post
wanda shan is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ay diffrent mate.
i guess you haven't played saaremaa on a fullserver yet?

seriously, i can't compare this maps gameplay with wanda shan in any way.
I played it on fullserver. And I can see how it's comparable to Wanda Shan. This map without choppers and AASv4 would be very similar to Wanda (a bit smaller space tho). Wanda just had harder terrain to drive and relied solely on APC as a transport. That what made people don't like it, it required a bit of communication and responsibility for asset. :P I would love to see Wanda with AASv4.

EDIT:

And yeh this is valid point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
the only thing i dislike about the map are those big bushes in the forest. every new wood map seems to have them and imo they promote ninja gameplay, there is always one guy that survived the firefight hiding in them just to kill you when revivng. maybe remove some of them atleast till there is a way to hear soldiers crawling through them.
It makes game a bit way too friendly to lone wolves.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Kain888; 01-29-2012 at 05:50 PM..
Old 01-30-2012, 08:04 AM   #35
polpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychickactivity View Post
Outlawz

Saaremaa is on Estonie and in this island we have a lot of vegtation , and windmill , and nice flowers.

Can we have this in futur ?

I see a bug on the map anyway , hope replay on this map.

J 10 KEYPAD 7

Thanks
I have seen 5 flying tree in saaremaa(picture contains 2 of them)
polpo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:47 AM   #36
Yosik
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Outlawz View Post
Woops, forgot about the file that fixes the sound bugs.
Should update this thread if there are magical files that remove restrictions
Yosik is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #37
ChallengerCC
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to ChallengerCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain888 View Post
I played it on fullserver. And I can see how it's comparable to Wanda Shan. This map without choppers and AASv4 would be very similar to Wanda (a bit smaller space tho). Wanda just had harder terrain to drive and relied solely on APC as a transport. That what made people don't like it, it required a bit of communication and responsibility for asset. :P I would love to see Wanda with AASv4.

EDIT:

And yeh this is valid point:

It makes game a bit way too friendly to lone wolves.
I love Wanda Shan as well, was a great teamwork and tactic map.
This map needs a coordinated team, so when someon dont like this, play Insurgency there is action.

For me FOB?s should have a spawnlimit and maximum 2 FOB?s can be build also.
(Or you cant spawn at FOB?s at all)
Then is a transport organization on every map necessary and the get killed/respawn/killed/respawn is over.
Sometimes has PR the same kill/respawn time like BF2 original when the FOB is near.
So you killed 1 guy and he appears 30 sec later on the same position and kills you because he knows where you are what kit you have etc.

For no claner or no teamworker will be Insurgency then the way to go.
Thats my personal opinion i like hardcore teamwork, tactics and i hate to mutch action.
For this reason i choosed Project Reality to be my favourit game.

Last edited by ChallengerCC; 01-30-2012 at 09:19 AM..
Old 01-30-2012, 11:05 AM   #38
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosik View Post
Should update this thread if there are magical files that remove restrictions
It doesn't, it just rescales the sound distances to fit the map, personally I still get a sound bug here and there. If you go on Al Basrah coop, you won't hear the Apache at 300m (which is the map's view distance) whereas on other maps with larger VDs you probably will hear it at 300m.

Also it's generated by a script which I don't have access to

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #39
[R-COM]Arc_Shielder
PR Community Faction Lead

It's a good map but I hope you take a different direction than some PR maps regarding last minute patches. And by that I mean that raising the terrain or placing an object unrealistically to provide better infiltration/cover/maneuver for the attacker does not help in stimulating teamwork - at least, not always. Instead, it promotes stealthy actions and gives a harder time than it should be for a defensive force.

The best example in Sareema, is one big bush blocking the sight to the east from one sandbag bunker that allowed lonewolf russians to cause some damage. And to the west, inside one of the sandbag bunkers you don't see anything other than a pile of dirt that curiously obstructs the sight leading to a hole in the fence.
There are heavy assets in this map, there is smoke and ropes that infantry can use. No need for these patches and overthinking design, so I hope you make the necessary changes in time (and hopefully it could be extended to other maps as well).
And btw, is it possible to place a few emplaced MGs here and there?
Not sure why I only see such a few of this across the PR maplist.

Other than, had good fun and it has the potential to become a classic.

[R-COM]Arc_Shielder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #40
Myru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
the only thing i dislike about the map are those big bushes in the forest. every new wood map seems to have them and imo they promote ninja gameplay, there is always one guy that survived the firefight hiding in them just to kill you when revivng. maybe remove some of them atleast till there is a way to hear soldiers crawling through them.
Agreed, adding a distinctive sound of cracking branches while moving when being inside of one of those bushes would make sense concerning both reality and gameplay.
But without this exception of bush ninjas everything else is great in my opinion.
Last edited by Myru; 01-31-2012 at 09:16 AM..

Tags
0957, beta, event, feedback, floating, map, saaremaa, tree