project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
23 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 08:48 AM   #1
Hitmanrules

Default Pavlovsk Bay .973 Map Feedback

The only true issue I have with the map is that the first flag, on one of the two layouts, East Beach, can be spawnable at the start of the round for the Russians, meaning that they can get a bleed on the US forces within the first 3 minutes or so. When playing as Americans we took around 5-6 minutes to get to land and start building a fob. During that time they had already capped the flag and had incurred a ticket bleed. Also because the whole team had spawned there it took significantly longer to clear the area and capture the flag. We were down to around 60-70 tickets when we finally did and lost the round with a 0-360 margin. Neither side was particularly strong, we even had a better KD, I just felt that by having the instant bleed it forces too much of a disadvantage onto the American forces.

My suggestion is that you remove the instant spawn onto East Beach, whilst keeping the bleed if the Russians cap it, and also make Derevnya a neutral cap and remove the instant spawn onto this flag as well. This I think would spread the action out across the map as I can see a lot of it just being centred around the East Beach island and would give the American's enough time to get themselves set up on the map . My honest opinion is that no side should be able to spawn onto a bleed flag and should not be encouraged to rush that flag at the start of the round.

As a side note, I think the map looks great and has a potential to be an awesome map, just needs a little tweak with the flag layout to make it more dynamic and to spread the action out across the map. Also this was the only map that I didn't have time to play during the BETA weekend so I am sorry this feedback didn't come sooner.
Hitmanrules is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
blip2
PR Server License Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to blip2
Default Re: Pavlovsk Bay 9.73 Map Feedback

Or you do the same as Kozelsk and only have the ticket bleed after the US have full capped it and subsequently been pushed off it.

That way you still get amphibious assault but the US will have more time to flank and cut off RUS supplies etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
blip2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
Brainlaag

Nah I agree with Hitman, the bleed is horrible on Pavlosk bay (for both teams). I've seen rounds ending with pretty even teams with 400)+)-0. Kinda overkill IMO.
Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #4
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

Agreed. After a few rounds with different people on I saw enough. Bleed is to heavy and something must be done. Ive seen also US storming all the flags pretty much fast and I even saw US unable to cap not one single flag, causing a round to end in less than 1hr with 300+ score to 0 for RUS team. At least spawn points near shore should be removed and possibly beach neutral flag. Maybe placing spawn point in docks area but without any transport available to beach?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:38 PM   #5
Xander[nl]

Send a message via MSN to Xander[nl]

The quad canon (and possibly the crates, if there are any) on the first flag should be removed. This is what's causing the ticket bleed to not work.

The ticket bleed itself is, quite fine. It forces the USMC to do an all-out assault on the first flag, instead of setting up around it and slowly closing in.

The first round we played, the USMC choppers rushed and got killed by AA straight away. This set the USMC back dramatically and they lost 400-0. Second round the team (or at least the pilots) had learned; they avoided the quad canon (which by luck wasn't manned) and landed people nearby. We took over the flag fairly quickly before the server crashed.
Xander[nl] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:40 PM   #6
Web_cole
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole Send a message via Skype™ to Web_cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander[nl] View Post
The ticket bleed itself is, quite fine. It forces the USMC to do an all-out assault on the first flag, instead of setting up around it and slowly closing in.
I don't understand how you can suggest having a ticket bleed 30 seconds into the game doesn't put the the US at a disadvantage, AA cannon or no AA cannon.

Both teams start out with 500 tickets or so, so its pretty clear that the spawn point for the Russians at Beach Fort shouldn't be there, plain and simple.

For Aiur
Web_cole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:59 AM   #7
FLAP_BRBGOING2MOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web_cole View Post
I don't understand how you can suggest having a ticket bleed 30 seconds into the game doesn't put the the US at a disadvantage, AA cannon or no AA cannon.

Both teams start out with 500 tickets or so, so its pretty clear that the spawn point for the Russians at Beach Fort shouldn't be there, plain and simple.
i could see a ticket bleed, as long as the u.s. had marginally more tickets.

but the quads, i mean... was the mapper not expecting total air domination when he dropped those in?

Ingame name:FLAP.INCmoon

FLAP_BRBGOING2MOON is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:00 AM   #8
Vista
PR Server License Moderator

Either the bleed starts when USA fully caps the first flag and the Russians cap is back,

Or remove the ticket bleed.
Vista is online now Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:00 AM   #9
40mmrain
Supporting Member

a problem: the russians get 14.5 and 30mm btr making it very difficult for the AAVs to operate effectively when theyre outgunned. 14.5mm btr is pretty similar in strength to AAV, but the 30mm btr is far too strong for the aav.

Solutions:
give the americans some abrams via LCAC (a lot of work to make and code that)
or simply take away the 30mm btr
40mmrain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #10
Stealthgato

Had a round as USMC yesterday and we completely raped the Russians. Ended with over 300-0 for the USMC. It just takes a good team to win this map.

Stealthgato is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
973, bay, feedback, map, pavlosk, pavlovsk