project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
23 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #61
Navo
Default Re: Pavlovsk Bay 9.73 Map Feedback

US can easily win, the problem is that the map actually requires skill and some tactical insight.
Navo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #62
Murphy

Might be all cool for an organized match, but this map asks too much of random pubbies to make it worth while to have it in rotation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #63
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I honestly cannot remember the changes I put into the map when I last worked on it and handed all the files over to the active PR team, but I hope it's more forgiving now on the USA without punishing the Russians too much. I'm pretty sure I rearranged the flags a bit so there's more focus on the map center, removed some AA guns etc.

I think Russians get spawns near the first flags but not directly on them...and I think I've set the bleed up so the Russians have to cap back flags to bleed the US...but again...memory is hazy, I have too much nursing knowledge trying to push all my PR bits out of my brain...

[R-DEV]Rudd is online now Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #64
chrisweb89
Project Reality Beta Tester

Play tests are good, maybe we should try some before the full release, then we can fix balancing issues before the next patch 6 months later.
chrisweb89 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #65
tankninja1

Some of the Russians fixed AA guns should be removed or replaced with desroyed models because, it hard to belive the Marines would launch an invasion with no preperatory fire

Why are there no size 12.5US shoes? Seriously, the f**k?
tankninja1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:42 AM   #66
BulletPr0of

I have only played this map around ten times, about four of which as US, and we won each of those games. The trans pilots didn't fly towards the Quad cannons, as the threat is somewhat obvious, Fobs were set up a good distance from the first flags, about three fobs, H-AT teams took out the quad cannons allowing CAS to establish some superiority forcing the Russians to keep their heads down, and the Infantry pushed in, cleared the flag, and held it, this happened on each of the games I played as US.

When playing as the Russians I noticed Global chat was being spammed with comments regarding how over powered the positions of the quad cannons were, yet time and time again the Hueys would fly right into their sights and get taken out in seconds, to be followed by more of the same chat spam. This to me doesn't seem an issue with the map, more the pilots so used to being able to land on a flag unopposed.

There probably are a few tweaks that could be made, but I don't think getting rid of the Russian spawn locations or their AA capabilities is the way forward, I would like to see more subtle changes, a slower bleed perhaps or as mentioned above a delay on the AA. But from what I've seen on this map when ever the US do lose it's because their initial attack is either rushed without fobs, drip feeding the Russian defense kills, or the pilots are being too brave.

BulletPr0of is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:07 AM   #67
Conman51

Juts finished a round on CIA.

Im going to be straight forward with this. It sucks for the US.

Air power is over estimated, i dont know why Map makers think it will instantly make one side win. The cobras and stuff are easy to counter. AA scares every pilot away!

The AAVs are slow to get to the battle and they cant do shit against the 30mm BTR, even the BTR with the small gun poses a problem to the AAV.

The worst part is that the Russians SPAWN ON THE FLAG THAT MAKES THE US BLEED TICKETS!! WHY!?!??!?

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

Conman51 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:23 AM   #68
dtacs
Supporting Member

After playing the map more I agree. It's my most disliked AAS map. The flags make no sense and too much of the map is left with useless negative space.

I still want to see how the 2km version was going to play out, but now that Rudd is retired I don't think the map is going to be edited physically anymore, along with most other maps.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #69
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Riiiighto Chaps

A few of you played on the 100p Pavlovsk test which was very useful to the PR team as it both gave us information about 100p gameplay and also how to balance Pavlovsk for both teams.

Here you can see how the flags are set up, the idea behind the new flag setup is to slow down the Russians being prepared for the USMC assault, and also to keep the bleed without it being able to activate immediately from game start. (i.e. to reward a successful Russian team without penalising a USMC team from the word 'go')

All the red circles are Russian at game start, all the grey ones are neutral. To turn on the bleed the Russians have to backcap a couple of flags.

The Russians have still got their spawnpoints and some AA/AAA from game start, however they are all at the harbour. - also the selection and number of AA/AAA at those locations is different per layer - the most being on 128; however the locations should be all the same.

Note, the supply depots are now marked on the map with uncappable flags, to ensure the Marines understand they do not have to return to the carrier (unless they really want to)

This helps ensure the USMC should get on the ground, but the Russians have bastions of strength to fall back to, defended by ready made AA until the team gets their own AA assets deployed.

Here are the assets for the 128 layer

USMC -

3 x UNH1
4 x RHIB
3 x AAVP7A1
1 x Cobra- (delayed)
1 x Harrier- (delayed)
2 x UHN1- (delayed)
2 x RHIB- (delayed)
1 x AAVP7A1- (delayed)

Russia -

BTR80
MTLB 50cal
3 x Support Trucks
2 x Gophers- (delayed)
1 x Mi8- (delayed)
1 x Havoc- (delayed)
1 x BMP3- (delayed)
1 x BTR80- (delayed)
2 x Support Trucks- (non-respawning)

Multiple spawn points
AA/AAA positions

Here is 64

USMC -

3 x UNH1
4 x RHIB
2 x AAVP7A1
1 x Cobra- (delayed)
1 x Harrier- (delayed)
2 x UHN1- (delayed)

Russia -

BTR80
MTLB 50cal
3 x Support Trucks
2 x Gophers- (delayed)
1 x Mi8- (delayed)
1 x Havoc- (delayed)
1 x BTR80a- (delayed)
1 x BTR80- (delayed)

And finally here is 16 - which does not feature AAA

USMC -

3 x UNH1
4 x RHIB
4 x RHIB- (delayed)

Russia -

4 x Support Trucks
2 x Support Trucks- (delayed)

[R-DEV]Rudd is online now Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #70
Murphy

Some well thought out changes Rudd, it's really nice to see a rebalance of air assets.

I'm eager to see how this map plays.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
973, bay, feedback, map, pavlosk, pavlovsk