project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
22 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 11:26 PM   #11
40mmrain
Supporting Member

Default Re: Beirut : docks as the first flag for the Russians

Just played a game with the docks flag in play. The russians really had no chance.

If they were to have a rally point spawn on docks at the start of the game, along with a brdm 14.5, and some logis spawn once they cap that could be a much more balanced layout.
40mmrain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:08 AM   #12
BadMad
PR Server License Moderator

IDF Side:
Only Transport Trucks and Jeeps spawns.No Logi Trucks and APCs.
After first flag capped (by IDF) 2 Logi trucks and 2 .50 APCs(M113) spawns.
That would balance situation with Docks as first flag for russians.And no need to change anything on russian side(except adding new Mi17 CAS in next path )
IMO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BadMad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:15 PM   #13
Murphy

Had a docks round last night as IDF, we took the 2 APCs and fended off a few helo drops until our inf could start to build fobs. Quite a short round with the Russians never gaining a foothold on the land, which kind of made me sad because inf fights in Beirut are always quite epic. There is really no point in giving IDF the Docks flag, and that's exactly what happens when the flag is in play....IDF take it without any initial resistance, even the BDRMs couldn't make it to land before our fob was started.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #14
LieutenantNessie
Banned

Nah, russians just need to get that 1 flag that's been a pain in their ass and you get rest of the flags in about 10 mins of that
LieutenantNessie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:33 AM   #15
Deer
Retired PR Developer

Since AASv4 was added (not by me btw) flags are so close eachothers that now its way too easy to blitzkrieg multiple flags at once as IDF.. but for russia its not that easy.. this completely breaks the balance and ruins the gameplay.

Also the removal of many helicopters further nerfed russian chances to keep their foothold on land and flags.

These both changes are really badly breking the map, will fix it, ill do the gameplay myself again for next patch. Probably remove all the changes, map was being played quite often before these changes were made.
Last edited by Deer; 01-10-2012 at 11:39 AM..
Old 01-10-2012, 09:29 PM   #16
Murphy

AASv4 has more of an impact on the flags following the first one if I understand what it does. Would the dock's flag not happen just as frequently without AASv4? I believe AASv4 is key to keeping the flags in an order that makes logical sense, and I do not believe having a mix-up of capping order would do anything other then make IDF take longer to cap up to docks.

Could you make the hill impassable to logistic trucks? Might it be possible to block the north/south tunnel so that only infantry can make it through? The road that leads up to the north east of the island towards the main bridge also gives IDF an advantage and has little value to a Russian team that cannot base rape, as by the time the IDFs first flag is in play Russia will surely have plenty of fobs on the mainland.

This is one of my favorite maps, and the only issue I ever really see is with the docks flag which is why it would be a shame if you guys had to do something drastic.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #17
fabioxxxx

The docks flag was removed ?

I have been playing for a while

... docs and coastal settlement never enter as one of the enabled flags ...

I miss then but at least we can play more . they still could enter as idf primary flags, its kind of a waste of map .

the idf namer apc at the start it's a pain in the ass ! It always goes straight to factory...
you could make it spawn like the muttrah mec apcs after the first flag is captured XP
Last edited by fabioxxxx; 09-06-2012 at 10:35 AM..
Old 09-06-2012, 04:33 AM   #18
Web_cole
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole Send a message via Skype™ to Web_cole

The Namer probably should be on delayed spawn, its hard enough for the Russians to get a foothold even without factoring in the Namer.

For Aiur
Web_cole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:05 AM   #19
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

Docks and Coastal Settlement is only available in the alternate version, as far as I know.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:14 AM   #20
chrisweb89
Project Reality Beta Tester

And inf I think. The alt layer is the best layer on this map, 64 is ruined by the namer, combined with the shitty long range capability of russian AT.
chrisweb89 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
beirut, docks, docs, fist, flag, russians