project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
24 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 09:57 AM   #121
SShadowFox

Default Re: Militia Need AK 74 Scope again !!!

Man, get in game and see by yourself, if you take and screenshot of the Russian AK-74 in the actual version show me then I stop posting here...
SShadowFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #122
izoiva

AK 101-107 is export versions of AK74M.
izoiva is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #123
KiloJules

Not that it would matter but here...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
KiloJules is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #124
Hannes_Sbg
Supporting Member

I demand a scoped Pistol for SL!

Asymmetric balance is something the DEVs worked hard on and I cant think of any game providing asymmetric balance like pr does. Don't spoil that! If you think Militia is underpowered, change something else. I once suggested a different layer for Fools Road, giving Militia more map control from the beginning. Dragon Fly has some issues too, like Train Depot is currently impregnable for Militia. And Siege At Ochamchira has some good ideas, but could really need some tweaks, because right now I guess its the least played map
I love asymmetric balanced AAS maps! Please no scope for Militia. Tweak the maps or give them something else (Bluefor does not have) if you really think they are underpowered.
Hannes_Sbg is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:55 PM   #125
SShadowFox

Ok, there is a long while since I don't play PR and I could have sworn that the Russian faction use the 103, sorry.

I won't post anymore in this thread...
SShadowFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:23 AM   #126
simeon5541

Like I said,there are not too many Armies that use optics and
holographic sights on each rifle in real life,so it should be same case in PR.
Russian Special Forces use optics,
but as far as I know PR would never include Special Forces in mod,
because main focus of this mod is on Conventional Armies fighting each other or,
Conventional Armies fight Insurgents/Militants/Rebels.
It is really hard to equip some army,even partially with some optics,
and you are demanding optics to guerilla insurgents.
There are way too many games with some kind of Rebels equipped with
weaponry that 80 percent of worlds armies can dream about,
and PR should not follow that way.
Pr should keep it . . . Real.
+
Devs have given them (Militia) already tanks and armored cars,
and you should be very happy with them.
And even if they would follow your advice,what you would demand next ?
Helicopter gunship and fighter jet ?
simeon5541 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #127
=HCM= Shwedor

If you are getting into long range engagements with BLUFOR as Militia then you are going about it wrong... Scopes are hardly necessary, militia will lose every time against BLUFOR in a ranged engagement simply because they lack the backup in the form of vehicles compared to BLUFOR. Close range ambushes are where the Militia faction excels, the PPSH , PKM/M-60, AK-47 offer superior power when matched in a forest against something like the L85 or other scope firearms of 5.56 or below caliber. My only complaint about the Militia faction is that the medics don't get the AK-47 as an option (at least make it an ALTERNATE!). Close range forest engagements also negate the effectiveness of the BLUFOR armored units, artillery IEDs and short range iron sights RPG's destroy the armor with ease. A proper militia team will usually have a single squad dedicated to hitting BLUFOR armor from above on the south end of the Fools Road map where the armored units cannot elevate their guns high enough to eliminate the ambushers. This tactic often ends up sapping BLUFOR infantry units from flag capturing to prevent the loss of armored units which cost a considerable number of tickets, thus allowing Militia to quickly cap out the BLUFOR forces if properly led. (Yes, sometimes it is OK to NOT be on a flag! Other times, if you notice the rest of your team isn't capping you have to adjust quickly and use your squad to cap. Don't stick with a single plan all game) Militia holds a considerable advantage over BLUFOR currently on the Fools Road map WITHOUT the use of SCOPED FIREARMS or ADVANCED armored units. A similar philosophy goes for other Militia maps, they can usually engage from the cover of a forest and/or from an elevated position. On a map like Dragon Fly, the Train Depot may be a flag but that doesn't mean Militia has to cap it to win. The urge to cap ALL flags on AAS irks me, people need to learn to when it is the right time to attack and when to defend. Defending from the high ground instead of overextending your forces and sapping tickets seems to be the intelligent thing for that map. Overall, SCOPED firearms aren't necessary for Militia!

Btw the scoped Browning .22 Buckmark in Hannes photo, fine pistol. I own one myself minus a scope for it. Quite heavy actually for a pistol, I rather like the weight. Browning firearms ftw.

shwedor
=HCM= Shwedor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:18 AM   #128
Delfer

Instead of a scope, give the militia a bird handler kit. He will be able to launch a trained falcon or hawk or some shit to survey an area. It could be coded to work as a personal UAV or as a flying vehicle like PR BOT for the bird handler. Give it a flight time of a minute or so and allow it to be killed with small arms. Perhaps give it a melee 'peck' attack that does about as much as a punch in case you find someone who's just been revived.
Delfer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:20 AM   #129
samogon100500

Still holywar.
First - AK and Scopes are incompatible things.Rail created for using night scopes first.Exist optics for such mount,but no ones created for AK,just an universal scope.
Second - Chechen rebels was found weapon from occupied federal storages and military bases.So - storages got lot of retired weapon(not good condition) and vehicles mostly,military bases - a bit better ones,but am not sure thats in this area was and elite forces,with such gears like scopes on AK.
And third - WTF is dat all photos,guess some guys need better references.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo View Post
Nice try at what?
Seen as how the militia isnt based on any country your point is invalid.
photos
photos
blah blah blah
This is fuckin contractors
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo View Post
No, your just blind. PSO scope, GP30s and RPK mags in AKs are not hard to spot in the many Chechnya videos.

Why are you so butt hurt about having say one more kit, limited to officer with ak74m and optics? (maybe with rpk mag) i don't see it as a bad idea.
AK74M uses together with older AK74 in chechnya from both sides(watch point 2).
But also,where you can see an PSO scopes?This is NSPU-2 night scope.
Also RPK mags on AK isn't a supernatural thing.I saw AKS-74U with this
But in mostly uses standard 30rnd mags.

Well - in case of realism this game got a lot of failures,in case of balance - that will be fine,also when I play PR I feels fine without scopes,except some crappy taliban/insurgent maps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
samogon100500 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:04 AM   #130
ShockUnitBlack

Basically every argument that can be made on either side here has been; I see no real merits to continuing this discussion.
ShockUnitBlack is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
militia, scope